Netflix v HBO

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.

Netflix v HBO

Netflix
89%
HBO
11%

Total votes: 9
xandreu
Expatriate
Great Britain

Re: Netflix v HBO

Post by xandreu »

You need to use Netflix with a VPN in Cambodia. There is a reasonable amount of content without one but a VPN opens up a lot more. If you Google ''Ten best movies on Netflix' for example, only half of them show up without a VPN but as soon as you connect your VPN to the US or Europe, they all show up.
The difference between animals and humans is that animals would never allow the dumb ones to lead the pack.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

why would anyone pay for either of them when with an android box, kodi and the add on Exodus, all the tv shows, (movies & documentaries etc etc) are free?

If u can stream either one u can use the box
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
j57
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by j57 »

I cannot see how you compare HBO ...the creater of some of the greatest programming in history to netflix...a company I used to have mail me old dvds that then fucked all of its original customers and got into streaming...
I buy HBO originals once they are available.
My collection is vast.
I have streamed Amazon Prime because I was always a member since its inception.
I have enjoyed some of their original content and was happy they picked up The Expanse.
I just don't see how you can compare HBO to netflix...
Bitte_Kein_Lexus
Expatriate

Post by Bitte_Kein_Lexus »

Netflix never worked with a VPN for me here. It detects it and doesn't allow me to watch. Plenty of stuff without one though.
Ex Bitteeinbit/LexusSchmexus
GMJS-CEO
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by GMJS-CEO »

I don't have HBO so can't say much about it. We have Netflix which we like and Amazon Prime which we use, just much less.

In my home in USA I pay $39 for 200G internet at home, plus Netflix and Prime with no other costs. 55inch TV with Roku installed not that expensive

Some family have Xfinity TV in USA and I get a number of channels through that by using the logon - like TLC, SYFY, A&E, etc...These channels have their own apps and you just need to logon using the Xfinity/verizon logon. The prime channels like HBO don't allow that workaround

I use NordVPN
newkidontheblock
Expatriate

Post by newkidontheblock »

Netflix still has the edge over Disney+. They’ve come out with originals such as the Witcher and Altered Carbon. Plus they’ve got a lot of foreign language content. Disney+ has promise with the Mandalorian. Disney hasn’t put everything they own on to Disney+ yet (they also own the entire FOX library), and a huge raft of new shows haven’t come out either.

Unless one counts ordinary kids being considered ‘superheroes’ for what they do every day, and teeny bopper shows.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic