NFL Off Season Transaction

Title says it all really...
TeeMoney
Tourist
Cambodia

NFL Off Season Transaction

Post by TeeMoney »

So there has been a lot of headlines in the NFL this off season the biggest one being Tom Brady leaving New England and signing with Tampa Bay. I can understand the decision because it didn't look like Belicheck was going to add any weapons around him to succeed and Tampa has arguably the top two receivers Mike Evans and Chris Godwin to go with a decent offensive line. Brady is still a decent QB and will make them relevant next season but don't think they are in contention. Especially with having to play Brees twice a year and Matt Ryan in the division. Another move was the Indianapolis Colts signing Philip Rivers to a one year deal. I have been a Colts fan since 1994 so I've been through the years having Jim Harbaugh at QB before drafting Peyton Manning in 98. Now I respect Philip Rivers and what he's accomplished in the NFL but feel that it's not much of an upgrade from Jacoby Brissett. Brissett was 5-2 before he got hurt and wasn't the same after he came back but has the potential to be a pretty good QB in the league. Rivers is in his 17th season and last year showed that he was on the decline making bad decisions with the ball that cost the Chargers games they could have won. If you look at the entire roster Indy has the personel to be a top 5 team in the league. Best O- Line arguably and with the addition to DeForest Buckner coming from SF gives them an edge rusher to go with Darius Leonard and Malik Hooker. One headline that shocked me was the trade of DeAndre Hopkins to Arizona for RB David Johnson. Why would Houston trade one of the best WR in the game for a RB that has been injury prone his whole career? I guess there was issues with HC O'Brien but if I was Deshaun Watson I would have tried to be the mediator and make a case of not trading for my best offensive weapon. There's still guys looking for a team like Cam Newton and Jameis Winston but will be watching to see how things play out when the season starts and what new storylines will arise. Let me know if you have any input and am interested in your thoughts of this upcoming season. Thank you.
j57
Expatriate
United States of America

Re: NFL Off Season Transaction

Post by j57 »

I just want to thank china for keeping the Wuhan china virus under wraps until MY FUCKING KANSAS CITY CHIEFS WON THE SUPERBOWL..
if they had been honest with the world in December, the NFL would of been in the same boat as the NBA.

I, for one, am missing Spring training and baseball.

Brady should make a big difference and we will see what he has left in the tank.
I can't believe that Kraft let him go..I hate the pats..
but, I think letting him go to another team is such an injustice to the fans...It is like selling George Herman Ruth to the Yankees to finance some gal's musical.
A travesty of justice.
The Bears made a good move and it should help them..
I was looking forward to the draft...
After the draft you have a lot of movement when teams are looking to fill needs and know where they sit in regards to the cap...
There were a lot of good teams last year.
I want a repeat.
I was 9 when I watched my Chiefs lose to the Packers in #1...I was 12 when I watched my Chiefs win #4 after going to every home game that season.
I waited 50 years to taste the ultimate victory again.
I want another dose of that bliss!
It is why I cannot believe Kraft allowed Brady to leave after he led that team to so many trophies and only lost a few due to defensive errors.

I am missing my La Liga season as well and the pain in my gut Barcelona gives me as time ticks by on the GOAT ....Messi...at least Suarez will be ready when the matches resume...
BklynBoy
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by BklynBoy »

j57 wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 11:34 am I just want to thank china for keeping the Wuhan china virus under wraps until MY FUCKING KANSAS CITY CHIEFS WON THE SUPERBOWL..
if they had been honest with the world in December, the NFL would of been in the same boat as the NBA.

I, for one, am missing Spring training and baseball.

Brady should make a big difference and we will see what he has left in the tank.
I can't believe that Kraft let him go..I hate the pats..
but, I think letting him go to another team is such an injustice to the fans...It is like selling George Herman Ruth to the Yankees to finance some gal's musical.
A travesty of justice.
The Bears made a good move and it should help them..
I was looking forward to the draft...
After the draft you have a lot of movement when teams are looking to fill needs and know where they sit in regards to the cap...
There were a lot of good teams last year.
I want a repeat.
I was 9 when I watched my Chiefs lose to the Packers in #1...I was 12 when I watched my Chiefs win #4 after going to every home game that season.
I waited 50 years to taste the ultimate victory again.
I want another dose of that bliss!
It is why I cannot believe Kraft allowed Brady to leave after he led that team to so many trophies and only lost a few due to defensive errors.

I am missing my La Liga season as well and the pain in my gut Barcelona gives me as time ticks by on the GOAT ....Messi...at least Suarez will be ready when the matches resume...
dude we won our first Super Bowl... FLy eagles fly
Philadelphia Eagles

congrats on the chiefs. happy for andy reid
Manhattan keeps on making it, Brooklyn keeps on taking it
finish_money
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by finish_money »

It’s hard to complain as a Patriots fan but this season was really aggravating. If I remember correctly they were 10-1 at one point with the best defense in the league and Brady literally had no one who could get open (their offensive line sucked as well).

But Patriot fans have always been frustrated over Belichick’s stubbornness. Most HOF quarterbacks have had great receivers most of their careers (Montana/Rice, Manning/Harrison, etc.). But Brady only had Moss for a short stint and one of those years they went 16-0 and he threw 50 TD’s and almost 5,000 yards. So personally I’m happy for Brady. Because he always took less money to play in N.E. and they rarely ever spent that money on someone for him to throw to. And even though he’s 42 the guy’s a freak when it comes to taking care of his body, so I honestly wouldn’t be surprised if the Bucs made it to the SuperBowl next year. Remember, things can change quickly in the NFL. In 2000 the Pats were 5-11. The next year Brady started playing and they won it all. The Bucs were 7-9 this season with a quarterback who threw 30 INT’s. Now they have the GOAT!
angsta
Expatriate
Congo

Post by angsta »

I don't think a 42 year old Brady will suit the Bucs offense as all. Look at the type of low percentage passes he was making for the Pats and then look at the Bucs offense last year. Brady of 10 years ago would probably have been a success, but not the 42 year old version. I guarantee he will have over 15 interceptions if he is fit for the whole season. You think the Bucs will make the Superbowl? Oh dear. You think the Pats would have let Brady leave if Belichick wanted to keep him? He's done. $50 million over 2 years in the sunshine is a nice retirement plan. This is a car crash guaranteed.

The Bears overpaid for another pass rusher, QB and a 56 year old tight end (16 million guaranteed over 2 seasons??) who was massively average last season with Aaron Rogers throwing to him!! Pace is clueless and should have been sacked last year. What a mess. The Bears ability to screw up the first round draft pick fr 5+ seasons make the Jets look competent, and I am a Bears fan.

The real story of the free agency was DeAndre Hopkins being given away to the Cardinals. Houston will have to decide if they want to keep their QB or their head coach. I don't see Deshaun Watson wanting to sign an extension with a team that gets rid of one of the top 3 receivers in the game in exchange for an injured expensive running back and no WR replacement. You think you can replace Hopkins in the draft with a rookie? Ridiculous.
AinC reels off an eloquent and thought provoking monologue adlib
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic