Live in Helper in Phnom Penh Sen Sok

This is our job board for expats. Until ZipRecruiter and Indeed make their way to the Kingdom of Wonder, this is the best place to look for employment in Cambodia, whether you're looking to teach English, manage a 5-star hotel, volunteer, or even work for some of the big NGOs. Even digital nomads who move to Cambodia sometimes need a side gig as a TEFL instructor from time to time. Most professional expatriate jobs are in Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap and Kampot are emerging as attractive alternatives. If you're an employer or hiring manager, you're also welcome to post your job listing here for free.
Big'n
Expatriate
United States of America

Live in Helper in Phnom Penh Sen Sok

Post by Big'n »

Looking for a live in helper to assist with a 75 year old bedridden woman with Alzheimer's disease. She is unable to get out of bed and must be taken care of with feeding, cleaning, etc.

We are looking for a Khmer Female who will live with us and share in the family meals. We will allow her some time off during the week and to return to her homeland on the Khmer holidays.

Pay rates begin at $125 per month with bonuses and pay raises for good performance of her duties.

Respond to this post and I will be in touch with you.
Username Taken
Raven
Cambodia

Re: Live in Helper in Phnom Penh Sen Sok

Post by Username Taken »

Might be an idea to mention language requirements.
Duncan
Sir Duncan

Post by Duncan »

I cannot believe it would be possible to hire someone to look after me for $125 a month. That would only cover basic work like cleaning the floor.
You need to get a trainee nurse or such and pay $300 a month.
Cambodia,,,, Don't fall in love with her.
Like the spoilt child she is, she will not be happy till she destroys herself from within and breaks your heart.
atst
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by atst »

$125 a fucking month that's what value you put on someone to look after elderly woman
Some people come to Cambodia to exploit the people of Cambodia , I'd be ashamed of myself if that thought ever entered my mind
Paying anyone less than their basic wage is criminal
Good luck you'll get what you paid for
I'm standing up, so I must be straight.
What's a poor man do when the blues keep following him around.(Smoking Dynamite)
IraHayes
Expatriate
Marshall Islands

Post by IraHayes »

good luck finding someone willing to be exploited for that amount. Seriously, double it, at the very least!
fazur
Expatriate
Norway

Post by fazur »

italian restuarant owner offered my partner 90/month to waitress 6 days a week in bkk

she told him to go home to italy
pczz
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by pczz »

Do they pay for their own coronavirus masks, or is this a cunning plot to kiill off the old lady?
Big'n
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Big'n »

FYI

The pay rate is considered GENEROUS by Khmer standards. A family across the street pays their helper $90.00 per month and will not allow the helper to go back to their homeland on holidays. This is not the USA and the helpers are paid better than the factory workers who slave 14-16 hours per day 6 days a week. All of you who criticize reveal your ignorance of the country where you live.

The helper only needs to speak Khmer. If they understood some English that would be a bonus.
IraHayes
Expatriate
Marshall Islands

Post by IraHayes »

Big'n wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 12:18 pm FYI

The pay rate is considered GENEROUS by Khmer standards. A family across the street pays their helper $90.00 per month and will not allow the helper to go back to their homeland on holidays. This is not the USA and the helpers are paid better than the factory workers who slave 14-16 hours per day 6 days a week. All of you who criticize reveal your ignorance of the country where you live.

The helper only needs to speak Khmer. If they understood some English that would be a bonus.
But by everyone else it’s considered exploitation. Surprised it took you so long to write this rather predictable defence of your proposal.

Try posting the same “job vacancy” on one of the Facebook groups if you really want to make some new friends lol.
khmerhamster
Expatriate
Turkmenistan

Post by khmerhamster »

Big'n wrote:FYI

Isn't factory minimum wage $190 or so excluding OT?
The pay rate certainly is very generous, for 2005.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic