FANTASTIC time to emigrate!!!!

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
AndyKK
Expatriate
Great Britain

Re: FANTASTIC time to emigrate!!!!

Post by AndyKK »

Kung-fu Hillbilly wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 10:11 pm double post
It may have been worth the double post "Kung-fu Hillbilly". You yourself are a vast traveller of these lands, not unlike many others on this forum. But I presume too, you are the kind of person who crave for excitement and also knowledge on your travels.
Quote - But having lived through a couple of catastrophic events in Asia myself. I can relate to what you are quoting here, possibly my events of travel may have been on the mild side of what you are pointing out in your post, motorcycle accident left me after hospital expenses, hitching back to my own country. Floods and Earthquake. Planed and took a four-day return flight to get myself a visa for another country, only thing was my flight got re-sold to a national of the country where I was now, two weeks before I got a flight out of what became a civil war on my arrival.
But we all have a choice if something is foreseen, or where you are planning to go, like now with this unfortunate outbreak of the Coronavirus, I would suggest think about it clearly and weigh up what may be your disadvantage.
I have first-hand knowledge of a similar airborne virus, for me it was also that of a multi drug resistant strain, complex hard to treat over the damaging five-year period, something that is deadly to yourself and others around you, and you will never see it coming. Everyone should think of what choices you may have; your life may depend on it.
Always "hope" but never "expect".
camgolian
Expatriate
Mongolia

Post by camgolian »

Don't worry...all knowing Trump says it will all end April 12....and he hopes on that day that "America's churches will be packed." lol...so, usa will be first to a million cases...usa!...Usa!!...Usa!!! :popcorn:
SiemReapRoddy
Expatriate
Equatorial Guinea

Post by SiemReapRoddy »

I would say some time towards the end of April too.

After these mini lockdowns in places like Philippines and Thailand for 3 weeks people will realize a few dying of a virus isn't worth destroying the ecomony and turning people into animals who will kill each other for a chocolate bar.
Electric Earth
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Electric Earth »

I hope I'm wrong, but I think I finally see what people keep talking about with regards to expat "teachers" who are actually just here to party and probably aren't doing the students any justice...
Do you think the parents of baby boomers whined so much when the boomers started changing society? And yet the whiney ones like to call young people "snowflakes." Hmm...
SternAAlbifrons
Expatriate
Pitcairn Island

Post by SternAAlbifrons »

SiemReapRoddy wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 12:48 am I would say some time towards the end of April too.

After these mini lockdowns in places like Philippines and Thailand for 3 weeks people will realize a few dying of a virus isn't worth destroying the ecomony and turning people into animals who will kill each other for a chocolate bar.
I know you are trying your damdest to travel into Cambodia right at this moment Rod.
Please don't.
All the world's epidemiologists are saying it is not a good idea for people to travel.
especially probably, for people with reckless attitudes like yours.

I realise that you pay no heed to the experts, and care little for the sky rocketing deaths around the world,
but this is not about you.
SiemReapRoddy
Expatriate
Equatorial Guinea

Post by SiemReapRoddy »

Sorry, I'm going stir crazy lol
SternAAlbifrons
Expatriate
Pitcairn Island

Post by SternAAlbifrons »

That - i can understand.
tough times for all of us

i hope things work out ok for you Roddy (-rat bag :mrgreen: )
Last edited by SternAAlbifrons on Thu Mar 26, 2020 4:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
Yerg
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Yerg »

SiemReapRoddy wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 4:23 am Sorry, I'm going stir crazy lol
Only Day 2 in the UK, and I'm also going bonkers. I'm not a big TV watcher, usually only live sport and news, but one there is none of, the other there is just only one subject being reported. But it's a small price to pay for the (hopefully) greater longer term aim. As a lifelong non-kitchen explorer, I'm trying to use this time to at least start paying an interest in cooking. I used to hate it because of the boredom it induced in me. Now I'm beginning to love it for the boredom it can alleviate. Stay where you are Roddy, it's best for you and everyone else for now.
God
Omnipotent
Cambodia

Post by God »

Ghostwriter wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 12:03 am So yeah, plan B, plan C.

I told you before.

Come talk to me about plan '' D ''
Ghostwriter
Expatriate
France

Post by Ghostwriter »

God wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 5:24 am
Ghostwriter wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 12:03 am So yeah, plan B, plan C.

I told you before.

Come talk to me about plan '' D ''
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic