How long is Marriage Documents Valid ?

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
happygilmore
Tourist
United States of America

How long is Marriage Documents Valid ?

Post by happygilmore »

I have been getting conflicting information from both the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Ministry of Interior. Ministry of Foreign Affairs says all documents are valid 3 months from the date of the marriage application that is stamped by Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Ministry of Interior says since they already review the paperwork and placed there stamped on the letter of approval from the Ministry of Foreign Affairs that I don't need to worry about them being older than 3 months. The reason im asking is because the Ministry of Interior wanted me to get my FBI Criminal History authenticated so I mailed it to the state department in the US to get authenticated but since some of there employees got infected with Covid-19 they are way behind schedule.
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: How long is Marriage Documents Valid ?

Post by Kammekor »

happygilmore wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 3:12 pm I have been getting conflicting information from both the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Ministry of Interior. Ministry of Foreign Affairs says all documents are valid 3 months from the date of the marriage application that is stamped by Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Ministry of Interior says since they already review the paperwork and placed there stamped on the letter of approval from the Ministry of Foreign Affairs that I don't need to worry about them being older than 3 months. The reason im asking is because the Ministry of Interior wanted me to get my FBI Criminal History authenticated so I mailed it to the state department in the US to get authenticated but since some of there employees got infected with Covid-19 they are way behind schedule.
3 months from the issuing date, NOT the appliction date.
tightenupvolume1
Expatriate
India

Post by tightenupvolume1 »

"Till death do us part"
happygilmore
Tourist
United States of America

Post by happygilmore »

Seems like there is no set standard only thing people here understand is money.
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Kammekor »

happygilmore wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 3:53 pm Seems like there is no set standard only thing people here understand is money.
There is a set standard, it's three months, but if you lack to provide one or two documents or legalizations your other documents will expire before you can provide the lacking one. That's where the money thing comes in.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic