Entry Restrictions (clarification)

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
Mr. Yuck
Expatriate
Bhutan

Entry Restrictions (clarification)

Post by Mr. Yuck »

Ive read the restrictions. Taken from IATA

“ Passengers arriving from France, Germany, Iran, Italy, Spain or USA are not allowed to enter Cambodia.”

This reads to me if you are coming from these places not necessarily a passport holder of these nations. Im American but will be coming from Afghanistan. Have read on the forum here someone said they are blocking passport holders from these places. Perhaps the poster didn’t read the restriction correctly? What do you all think? Will I be able to get in?
johnny lightning
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Entry Restrictions (clarification)

Post by johnny lightning »

Don't know for sure but I doubt you will get in. Travel history seems to play little part, it is the passport that matters. Good luck.
j57
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by j57 »

from means from the country the fucking plane left from...it has nothing to do with the passport holder unless they see they have been in one of those countries recently.
If you have not been in the USA for 6 months and are flying in from Afghanistan....you should be allowed in.
of course FROM may be a mistranslation...
People should be staying put...
people should of been paying attention to the shit hitting the fan around the globe..
Although, Afghanistan might not be a place to self quarantine...
Sweet Lemon
Expatriate

Post by Sweet Lemon »

Mr. Yuck wrote: Mon Mar 23, 2020 1:56 am Ive read the restrictions. Taken from IATA

“ Passengers arriving from France, Germany, Iran, Italy, Spain or USA are not allowed to enter Cambodia.”

This reads to me if you are coming from these places not necessarily a passport holder of these nations. Im American but will be coming from Afghanistan. Have read on the forum here someone said they are blocking passport holders from these places. Perhaps the poster didn’t read the restriction correctly? What do you all think? Will I be able to get in?
How do you plan to get to Cambodia? What airline and routing and when?
Mr. Yuck
Expatriate
Bhutan

Post by Mr. Yuck »

Sweet Lemon wrote: Mon Mar 23, 2020 3:31 am
Mr. Yuck wrote: Mon Mar 23, 2020 1:56 am Ive read the restrictions. Taken from IATA

How do you plan to get to Cambodia? What airline and routing and when?
Fly. Whatever airlines are still operating when I am able to fly. A day or two after my passport arrives. Fucking awful here with no passport. Thanks for info fellas.

Please continue to update if you learn of anything new.

Cheers
ChickenPolamalu
Tourist
United States of America

Post by ChickenPolamalu »

j57 wrote: Mon Mar 23, 2020 3:24 am from means from the country the fucking plane left from...it has nothing to do with the passport holder unless they see they have been in one of those countries recently.
If you have not been in the USA for 6 months and are flying in from Afghanistan....you should be allowed in.
of course FROM may be a mistranslation...
People should be staying put...
people should of been paying attention to the shit hitting the fan around the globe..
Although, Afghanistan might not be a place to self quarantine...
Greetings, please excuse that this is my first post. Time constraints are coming more into play, and I'm in the same boat as the OP. This is how I read it ^^ however, there are several posts about it being a ban for U.S. passport holders. I'm currently in VN and haven't been back to the U.S. for years. Does anyone know from experience if the "from" means "traveling from" or "citizens of." Any insights are much appreciated.
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

The interpretation and enforcement is inconsistent. Some are being granted entry based on their travel history, many are being denied entry based purely on their passport.
Jerry Atrick
Expatriate
Central African Republic

Post by Jerry Atrick »

It's Cambodia. Using logic to determine how they will interpret these rules could prove illogical
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

Update:
atst
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by atst »

I'm planning on flying Sydney/Singapore/Phnom Penh 1st June, Qantas has flights in June so hopefully Singapore opens for transfers, just need to work out how to get the test done in Australia.
Then worry about being in isolation for 14days
I'm standing up, so I must be straight.
What's a poor man do when the blues keep following him around.(Smoking Dynamite)
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic