Traveling in Times of Coronavirus

Do you have a Cambodian trip report you want to share? Post it here, and feel free to link to your blog if it's a travel blog for Cambodia, South East Asia, or anywhere really. You can ask and answer questions about travel advice in Cambodia or just share your pictures and videos with us. Most people who live in or visit Cambodia have also checked out nearby countries like Vietnam, Thailand, Laos, Myanmar, Malaysia, Indonesia and the Philippines, and you can get to most of these countries by traveling overland, so put any travel plans, reviews or questions here. Discussions about dirt bike trails in here as well.
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Traveling in Times of Coronavirus

Post by 135 »

Taipei’s shut for transit from 24th.
Looks like Japan only option. Flights available to Narita after 30th
Clutch Cargo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Clutch Cargo »

Anchor Moy wrote: Sun Mar 22, 2020 6:11 pm quote=clutchcargo post_id=406645 time=1584873439 user_id=11266]
Anchor Moy wrote: Sun Mar 22, 2020 5:16 pm
clutchcargo wrote: Sun Mar 22, 2020 3:39 pm No transit through Singapore after midnight tomorrow night.
https://www.singaporeair.com/en_UK/sg/m ... d=is5rire4
:nono:
Not so, according to your link to Singapore Airlines, passengers can still transit through Singapore airport as long as they have not visited or transited through the following banned countries: Mainland China, France, Germany, Italy, Iran, Republic of Korea, Spain. Otherwise,you can still fly through Singapore if you don't leave the international zone.
https://www.ica.gov.sg/docs/default-sou ... asures.pdf
I've re-read my link and I don't see reference to the above.

My Singapore Airlines link: Last updated 22 March 2020, 1745hrs (GMT+8)

Your ICA link: Updated as of 21 March 2020

One of them is wrong or not updated then..
I could be wrong, but I think that they/we are not talking about the same thing - mine is about passengers transiting through Changi airport, and your link refers to "short-term visitors" who enter or transit through Singapore.
Singapore to bar short-term visitors from entering or transiting through Singapore in view of heightened risk of importation of COVID-19 cases
2020-03-22
The Singapore government has announced that it will bar all short-term visitors from entering or transiting through Singapore, in view of the heightened risk of importation of COVID-19 cases into Singapore, will now not be allowed to enter or transit through Singapore.

This will take effect from Monday (23 March 2020), 2359 hours.

Minister of National Development and coronavirus multi-ministry taskforce co-chair Lawrence Wong at a media doorstop on Sunday (22 March) said, “These are significant moves, especially for a small, open economy like Singapore that has always been connected to the world”.

He added, “I can understand, Singapore is attractive and people want to be here… but for every visitor that comes through, for every work pass holder that comes through, they take up resources,”

“During this time, we need to focus our resources on returning Singaporeans because they are coming back in large numbers,”

Previously, except for a handful of countries, short-term visitors from elsewhere were allowed to come into Singapore, save they were issued a 14-day Stay-Home Notice (SHN) upon arrival. This meant, however, that resources were being expended to serve and enforce SHNs on them, and if they fell ill, to provide them with medical treatment.

According to Ministry of Health, there were still 533 short-term visitors arriving in Singapore on Saturday.
https://www.theonlinecitizen.com/2020/0 ... -19-cases/[
[/quote]

Doesn't make sense that Singapore Air would put information about short term/transit visitors if it wasn't in context of going through Changi.
Kung-fu Hillbilly
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Kung-fu Hillbilly »

Doc67 wrote: Sun Mar 22, 2020 7:48 pm
Kung-fu Hillbilly wrote: Sat Mar 21, 2020 1:30 pm I've just had my own national carrier, Jetstar, cancel on me from Bali. That's three flight cancellations in two days. I'm sitting in a hotel across the road from Nagurah Rai airport unable to get out it seems.
Have you got home yet?
Yep.
Kung-fu Hillbilly
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Kung-fu Hillbilly »

Arriving home, my friend converted her art studio into an isolation unit complete with fridge, bed, table and chairs, stove, cutlery etc....as well as fourteen days worth of home cooked meals, disinfectant, hand sanitisers, masks and a guitar. I'm really quite touched that she'd rearrange her studio in such a way for me and spend so much time cooking meals.

That feeling when you know your friends have your back.
newkidontheblock
Expatriate

Post by newkidontheblock »

clutchcargo wrote:Doesn't make sense that Singapore Air would put information about short term/transit visitors if it wasn't in context of going through Changi.
Changi encouraged transiting passengers to go out and visit Singapore during layovers. Subways and public buses went straight from the basement of the airport. In fact, the terminals had a bus tour from Changi that went to various tourist spots in Singapore. The tour ran multiple times a day. These tours were always full by the time I arrived on the way to Cambodia.

Guess the bottom line is no more Singapore bus tour while waiting for the connecting flight.
Duncan
Sir Duncan

Post by Duncan »

I'm interested in finding information on air-conditioning filters / cleaning etc on planes and cruse ships . Also on shopping centres air- conditioning.

It seems to be a common denominator in many travellers who end up with this virus .
Cambodia,,,, Don't fall in love with her.
Like the spoilt child she is, she will not be happy till she destroys herself from within and breaks your heart.
BklynBoy
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by BklynBoy »

newkidontheblock wrote: Mon Mar 23, 2020 3:59 am
clutchcargo wrote:Doesn't make sense that Singapore Air would put information about short term/transit visitors if it wasn't in context of going through Changi.
Changi encouraged transiting passengers to go out and visit Singapore during layovers. Subways and public buses went straight from the basement of the airport. In fact, the terminals had a bus tour from Changi that went to various tourist spots in Singapore. The tour ran multiple times a day. These tours were always full by the time I arrived on the way to Cambodia.

Guess the bottom line is no more Singapore bus tour while waiting for the connecting flight.

Singapore Airlines
@SingaporeAir

Hi there, in line with the Singapore government’s latest travel restrictions, all short-term visitors will not be allowed to enter or transit Singapore from 23 March 2020, 2359 hours. Please refer to https://bit.ly/2WzwnKY for more details. As you are travelling in August, (1/2)
Singapore Airlines
@SingaporeAir
2h
if this restriction is still in place then, you will not be able to transit in Singapore. Should you require assistance, kindly reach out to our colleagues via https://singaporeair.com/request.form or https://bit.ly/2Uc9gEK. Thank you. (2/2)

By reading above, if the restriction is in place YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO TRANSIT in SIngapore

ugh
Manhattan keeps on making it, Brooklyn keeps on taking it
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Post by Anchor Moy »

Thanks for bearing with me everyone. I really needed to be sure about Singapore. I have a friend who assures me that he is leaving through Singapore next week, and last night still had flights maintained and had not received any info from Singapore Airlines. Now to break the bad news.
BTW, is KL still open for transit ? It's hard to keep up. Maybe we should make a list of Asian airports that are OPEN.
Username Taken
Raven
Cambodia

Post by Username Taken »

^^^ Or a list of flights from KoW to what destinations are still available.
atst
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by atst »

a list would be useless it constantly changes :popcorn:
I'm standing up, so I must be straight.
What's a poor man do when the blues keep following him around.(Smoking Dynamite)
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic