Thailand Travel Restrictions and Info

Thailand is Cambodia's neighbor to the West, and this forum is dedicated to Thai news, stories, reviews, blogs, videos, Thai people and anything else related to the country. A lot of expats have both lived and worked in Cambodia and Thailand, and this area is a place to discuss all aspects of life in Thailand and what's going on there. Most topics are about Bangkok and Pattaya because of their larger populations of expatriates and tourists in those cities, but this is for all things Thai.
yong
Expatriate
Thailand

Re: Thailand Travel Restrictions and Info

Post by yong »

The infamous Pattaya Walking Street, you will never believe this is it

For those who may know the other infamous Pattaya spot, Soi Buakhao it had now been reduced to this

Both videos taken this evening
yong
Expatriate
Thailand

Post by yong »

sorry double post
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

Be safe out there,
It is becoming increasingly difficult to fly in an out of Thailand, posing more challenges for stranded foreign visitors and tourists. Last week the Thai government estimated there were some 500,000 overseas visitors currently in Thailand.

Budget airline VietJet suspended its flights to major Southeast Asian destinations, out of Vietnam, including Thailand from last Friday. They are still taking bookings and flying domestic routes within Thailand.

• Bangkok Airways is temporarily suspending all international flights from today (Sunday) until further notice.

BA earlier suspended many services to destinations in Thailand including Koh Samui, virtually cutting off Samui from all air traffic. Suspensions are now extended to destinations across its network serving Myanmar, Cambodia, Laos and Vietnam.

• Thai AirAsia is suspend all international flight services in accordance with travel restrictions being enforced by various governments. The suspension will affect all international services operated by Thai AirAsia (FD) from today up to April 25. All domestic flights and services are still in operation.

• Vietnam’s government is suspending all inbound international flights to contain the spread of coronavirus in the country. Vietnamese PM Nguyen Xuan Phuc says national carrier Vietnam Airlines will suspend all international flights until April 30.

Flights to Southeast Asian destinations including Thailand, Singapore, Indonesia, Laos, Cambodia and Myanmar were suspended from yesterday. Flights to Britain and Japan will be halted from Monday, and services between Vietnam and Germany and Australia will be stopped from Wednesday.
https://thethaiger.com/coronavirus/more ... d-visitors
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

Returning Thais face being turned away if they can’t show “fit-to-fly” health certificate
Thai nationals seeking to fly home must present a “fit-to-fly” health certificate and a certifying letter from a Thai embassy, Thai consulate office or the Thai Foreign Ministry. But while Thais only need the fit-to-fly certificate and not the Covid-19-free certificate to board, many are finding it difficult to meet even that requirement, especially in Europe.
“With measures like this, many Thais will be stranded abroad. In many countries in Europe, medical appointments must be made in advance. For private clinics, also, the patients must be referred by a doctor in a hospital.”

“In this situation, where doctors are busy dealing with Covid-19, nobody will accept appointments for medical check-ups.”
https://thethaiger.com/coronavirus/retu ... ertificate

One thing is many thai's will not be able to come back to their own country, I dont know of any other country requiring this certificate being issued.

Also for now i cant see any new arrivals into Thailand..

WE truly live in interesting times
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
yong
Expatriate
Thailand

Post by yong »

https://thethaiger.com/coronavirus/bang ... -stay-open

Bangkok’s five surrounding provinces also enforce closures, supermarkets stay open

The Thaiger Published 58 mins ago on March 22, 2020

PHOTO: Some panic buying has started but authorities assure customers there are NO SHORTAGES - Thai PBS World

Five provinces neighbouring the Thai capital are now following suit and ordering the temporary closure of some shops and stores from today up to April 12. The five provinces are Samut Prakarn, Samut Sakhon, Nakhon Pathom, Nonthaburi and Pathumthani. The efforts are designed to slow the spread of the Covid-19 coronavirus in and around Greater Bangkok. Yesterday 89 new cases were announced for Thailand taking the current total to 411 cases. Full list of closures below.

The communicable diseases committees of each of the five provinces decided yesterday to take the lead from the Bangkok Metropolitan Authority. They all stressed that there is no need for panic buying as there is no shortage of food and consumables.

Yesterday, following the announcement from the BMA, supermarkets around the capital had a sudden surge of panic buyers.

The affected venues covered in the closures are department stores and some places where the public gather BUT exempts supermarkets and convenience stores. For their part, CP All, the owners of the country’s 7-11 stores, says they WILL remain open at this time. The only difference is that people will not be able to sit down at the chairs and tables in some stores after buying their food.

Meanwhile, some provinces bordering foreign countries are temporarily closing some permanent crossings in a move to slow the escalation of the Covid-19 situation.

The official order listed the following establishments…

- Spa, health and massage parlours
- Weight loss clinics
- Skating and roller blade rings
- Beauty salons
- Bowling alleys
- Theme parks
- Golf courses & driving rangesPublic swimming pools
- Tattoo parlours
- Nurseries
- Cock-fight rings
- Conference facilities
- Exhibition halls
- Amulet trading grounds
- Markets (excluding markets that offer fresh food, vegetables and food stalls)
- All shopping malls (excluding the supermarket section)
- All public and private educational institutions
yong
Expatriate
Thailand

Post by yong »

Pattaya devastated by the Chinese virus

yong
Expatriate
Thailand

Post by yong »

Yesterday’s 89 new cases in Thailand was a record

Just announced today’s new cases is 188

Total now is 599

I’m getting nervous
Cowshed Cowboy
Expatriate
Thailand

Post by Cowshed Cowboy »

^The one thing in Pattaya is that the only tourist group with significant numbers left is the Russians and they would have come in via mainly Charter flights to U-Tapao Airport along the road. There will be no problems for them leaving, so I fully expect Pattaya/Jomtien to be all but empty of the remaining tourists in the next fortnight. I've seen convoys of Anex minibuses parked across the road from my Condo the last few days ready to transport them from whatever condo/hotel they're in to U-Tapao.
Yes sir, I can boogie, I can boogie, boogie, boogie all night long.
Cowshed Cowboy
Expatriate
Thailand

Post by Cowshed Cowboy »

yong wrote: Sun Mar 22, 2020 12:14 pm Yesterday’s 89 new cases in Thailand was a record

Just announced today’s new cases is 188

Total now is 599

I’m getting nervous
I don't know about nervous but I'm heading down to the Beer Garden on Walking Street for likely my last drink with a couple of mates who have managed to get a seat on one of the last BA flights back to the UK next week before they stop flying to Thailand. Might be my last social event before the restrictions get tighter next week and I've got cabin fever after a week beer isolated :D Social lock down seems almost inevitable in the coming days.
Yes sir, I can boogie, I can boogie, boogie, boogie all night long.
yong
Expatriate
Thailand

Post by yong »

Cowshed Cowboy wrote: Sun Mar 22, 2020 12:28 pm I don't know about nervous but I'm heading down to the Beer Garden on Walking Street for likely my last drink with a couple of mates who have managed to get a seat on one of the last BA flights back to the UK next week before they stop flying to Thailand. Might be my last social event before the restrictions get tighter next week and I've got cabin fever after a week beer isolated :D Social lock down seems almost inevitable in the coming days.
Take care my friend. I’m off to Bangkok now. Cheers.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic