Traveling in Times of Coronavirus

Do you have a Cambodian trip report you want to share? Post it here, and feel free to link to your blog if it's a travel blog for Cambodia, South East Asia, or anywhere really. You can ask and answer questions about travel advice in Cambodia or just share your pictures and videos with us. Most people who live in or visit Cambodia have also checked out nearby countries like Vietnam, Thailand, Laos, Myanmar, Malaysia, Indonesia and the Philippines, and you can get to most of these countries by traveling overland, so put any travel plans, reviews or questions here. Discussions about dirt bike trails in here as well.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Traveling in Times of Coronavirus

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
Duncan
Sir Duncan

Post by Duncan »

Someone once posted a map of all the planes that were in the air at a given time,,,, can it be posted again , I would like to see the difference now compared to before.
Cambodia,,,, Don't fall in love with her.
Like the spoilt child she is, she will not be happy till she destroys herself from within and breaks your heart.
Cricket99
Expatriate
Korea North

Post by Cricket99 »

Duncan wrote: Sat Mar 21, 2020 9:39 am Someone once posted a map of all the planes that were in the air at a given time,,,, can it be posted again , I would like to see the difference now compared to before.
https://www.flightradar24.com/-5.46,120.81/4
Duncan
Sir Duncan

Post by Duncan »

Cricket99 wrote: Sat Mar 21, 2020 9:46 am
Duncan wrote: Sat Mar 21, 2020 9:39 am Someone once posted a map of all the planes that were in the air at a given time,,,, can it be posted again , I would like to see the difference now compared to before.
https://www.flightradar24.com/-5.46,120.81/4
Thanks Cricket,,,, there's still a lot of planes up there.
Cambodia,,,, Don't fall in love with her.
Like the spoilt child she is, she will not be happy till she destroys herself from within and breaks your heart.
Kung-fu Hillbilly
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Kung-fu Hillbilly »

I've just had my own national carrier, Jetstar, cancel on me from Bali. That's three flight cancellations in two days. I'm sitting in a hotel across the road from Nagurah Rai airport unable to get out it seems.
atst
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by atst »

Hope you got family or mates to help with shopping 14days isolation is tuff going , I'm only on day 3 climbing up the walls
I'm standing up, so I must be straight.
What's a poor man do when the blues keep following him around.(Smoking Dynamite)
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

March 21, 2020
Vietnamese airlines suspend international routes, Cambodia included as Coronavirus wrecks havoc
Hanoi — Budget carriers Jetstar Pacific and Vietjet Air announced they will suspend operating routes to and from ASEAN countries, including Cambodia, Thailand, Singapore, Malaysia, Myanmar and Indonesia, from Friday March 20.

The announcement was made a day after national carrier Vietnam Airlines said that it will suspend all international routes on its flight network until April 30.

Vietjet Air has not yet made decisions for some of the international routes it operates, such as between Viet Nam and Taiwan (China), Japan and India.

The operations may be halted until April. However, it will depend on the ability to control the COVID-19 pandemic.
https://www.khmertimeskh.com/50704213/v ... cks-havoc/
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
SternAAlbifrons
Expatriate
Pitcairn Island

Post by SternAAlbifrons »

Kung-fu Hillbilly wrote: Sat Mar 21, 2020 1:30 pm I've just had my own national carrier, Jetstar, cancel on me from Bali. That's three flight cancellations in two days. I'm sitting in a hotel across the road from Nagurah Rai airport unable to get out it seems.
I would be BS if i suggested this to most people for consideration, FuManchu, but possibly not to you.
Charter a fishing boat with a bunch of other Aussie castaways.

Ashmore Reef ain't too far away and the navy will offer assistance as soon as you appear on the radar.
No risk for the boat owner/crew - so no BS smugglers pricing. (it's legal if all are Aust citizens)
And the season is still good.
Then sell your story.

Dreaming, hallucinating, brainstorming.. call it want you want
but that is how adventures are born
Kung-fu Hillbilly
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Kung-fu Hillbilly »

SternAAlbifrons wrote: Sun Mar 22, 2020 4:44 am
Kung-fu Hillbilly wrote: Sat Mar 21, 2020 1:30 pm I've just had my own national carrier, Jetstar, cancel on me from Bali. That's three flight cancellations in two days. I'm sitting in a hotel across the road from Nagurah Rai airport unable to get out it seems.
I would be BS if i suggested this to most people for consideration, FuManchu, but possibly not to you.
Charter a fishing boat with a bunch of other Aussie castaways.

Ashmore Reef ain't too far away and the navy will offer assistance as soon as you appear on the radar.
No risk for the boat owner/crew - so no BS smugglers pricing. (it's legal if all are Aust citizens)
And the season is still good.
Then sell your story.

Dreaming, hallucinating, brainstorming.. call it want you want
but that is how adventures are born
Rebooked on this morning's flight which also cancelled but Jetstar (Qantas subsidiary) have put me up in Hollywood digs so I expect to be on the rescheduled flight tonight.

Future posts may deteriorate during the course of the day due to a F&B account.
atst
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by atst »

Going to self isolation in Australia, I landed on gold coast, no mask provided couldn't buy one , proceed to domestic wait for plane to Sydney domestic crowded nobody wearing mask, board plane full, arrive catch train to central station, wait on crowded platform 20 minutes catch train to my home walk from station to home though shopping center arrive home.

Once home I now cannot leave must stay away from family, neighbors get food delivered for 14 days

I've followed the instructions but to late how many people have I had contact with getting to my home, we should be picked up at airport buses as a group to an isolation place for 14 days I'm feeling somewhat pissed of with the lack of action from governments around the world they're seen whats happening and have dropped the ball in my opinion, giving rise to skeptics that there is an underling agenda

I've got no symptom of the virus so far
I'm standing up, so I must be straight.
What's a poor man do when the blues keep following him around.(Smoking Dynamite)
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic