Following the Coronavirus (COVID-19) Outbreak - News and Discussion

Yeah, that place out 'there'. Anything not really Cambodia related should go here.
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Re: Outbreak of Chinese Coronavirus (COVID-19) in Cambodia- News and Discussion

Post by Doc67 »

General Mackevili wrote: Sat Mar 21, 2020 10:05 am
Stinkman wrote: Sat Mar 21, 2020 10:02 am But it's not just about the virus situation in Cambodia.
:BangHead:
Haha, true, but the Chinese New Year isn't approaching either. It was just an FYI so that people know they aren't hallucinating. :hattip:
I wish I was hallucinating and would sober up to find this was all just a bad trip...
Freightdog
Expatriate
Ireland

Re: Coronavirus (COVID-19) Outbreak in Cambodia as it Happens- News and Discussion

Post by Freightdog »

VindalooPoo wrote: dirty shiny
I’m hazarding a guess that giggle transmute doesn’t work so well with Bangla...

In the last 3 days, I’ve endured 3 different country’s approach to this Chinese Lurgy, and some of the less pleasant human attitudes that go along with it.

Firstly, flying cargo seemed like a safe bet- the least disruption. But a couple of hours before departure, the French postal route was shutdown. I was surprised as we were carrying some pretty heavy loads, but ground staff were visibly fewer. I wonder if our status as key workers (supply lines, infrastructure, etc) is somewhat hampered by other parts of the process simply having no staff?

Our normal hotel in France decided to close its doors, and off to the hotel we abandoned several years ago due poor service. In true mercenary style, they lived down to their prior reputation and tried to scam us for providing food.

France. 1 metre spacing between people. Now you get to see how education has poorly prepared folk. A walked towards a shop worker (also key workers, infrastructure) to ask a question. Hand up, ‘respected la distance’ she yells at me! From 3 metres away.
So paranoia and fear are on the increase.

Anyway, with ops suspended, we get redirected to a different operation, in neighbouring Belgium. With many flights being cancelled, but trains operating, it was a joyous journey from Paris to Brussels to liege to Maastricht. (Yes, I know. Maastricht is not quite in Belgium, but our usual hotel in Belgium is closed, and this is the best option.)
Belgium, 1.5 metre spacing between people

Due to trains being cancelled en-route while the journey is in progress (last minute train swap in Lille) there was much confusion. But wait, they have helpful staff to answer questions. Standing behind a table. There’s a Tensa Barrier in front of that to ensure us zombies don’t get within 1.5 metres of them. But as I stepped forward, this fella lurched backwards, started gesticulating wildly and stammering ‘Deestonce, deestonce.’ I wondered if I shouted ‘boo’ if he would leave a cartoonesque hole in the brick wall that he was nearly pressed up against.

And onwards to Maastricht, where the staff in the hotel are pleasant, people are laid back taking it in their stride, and as much as they can manage on reduced staff and with restrictions in place, can muster up some ‘customer service’.

For the first time in a few days, I have the energy to take in some new news, as opposed to the regurgitated old news.
I hear the UK is locking down.
Did I hear in Germany, 2 meter spacing between people?

The human race is doomed.
I predict

Return of arranged marriage, following an end to dating, intimate candlelit dinners.
No problem at the wedding- the Bride’s side and Groom’s side will be isolated by a minimum safe distance of 3 metres between pews, so the new in-laws can’t slug it out, and likewise later in divorce court.
An end to new children. Even the healthiest teenage male is unlikely to muster sufficient hydraulic pressure to reach the intended target, if we maintain isolation safety protocols.

On the upside-
All those tightwads who rarely if ever buy a round have a fair excuse now, and for one or two of you who embarrassingly find yourself fondling more than you expected having secured a ladyboy, it’s a thing of the past. Admire from a distance.
Username Taken
Raven
Cambodia

Re: Coronavirus (COVID-19) Outbreak in Cambodia as it Happens- News and Discussion

Post by Username Taken »

How dumb can they possibly be? Or, was it intentional? This is just dumb. :facepalm:

The Ruby Princess cruise ship docked in Sydney yesterday. After docking, two people are taken away by ambulance after testing positive to CoVid-19.
They then tested 13 other people which showed 3 passengers and 1 crew member testing positive. Between the time of testing and awaiting the results, they let 2700 disembark and disappear (go home or elsewhere in the country).

That, folks, is how not to contain a virus!

Electric Earth
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Electric Earth »

^ Wow. Just wow. What a bunch of asshats.
Do you think the parents of baby boomers whined so much when the boomers started changing society? And yet the whiney ones like to call young people "snowflakes." Hmm...
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Post by Anchor Moy »

^^ I think it's probably just extremely dumb. What else could it be ? An alien plan ? And that happened "this month", after all that stuff in the news about people with coronavirus on (several) cruise ships. :-o
More than 150 sick passengers left a cruise ship in Sydney earlier this month and wandered off back home with no instruction to self-isolate, it has emerged. Only nine of those were tested for coronaviurs.

The ship, the Ruby Princess, later cruised to New Zealand and back with four of the new passengers now testing positive for COVID-19.
https://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/healt ... 6e29c4a859
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

Look for a massive climb in infections over the next week
Dumb,dumb, dumber
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
Kung-fu Hillbilly
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Kung-fu Hillbilly »

Somebody's on their way to Centrelink to join the unemployment cue.
Stinkman
Expatriate

Post by Stinkman »

phuketrichard wrote: Sat Mar 21, 2020 7:28 pm Look for a massive climb in infections over the next week
Wow. What a brave prediction, Nostradamus.

Gator
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Gator »

Anchor Moy wrote: Sat Mar 21, 2020 7:21 pm ^^ I think it's probably just extremely dumb. What else could it be ? An alien plan ? And that happened "this month", after all that stuff in the news about people with coronavirus on (several) cruise ships. :-o
More than 150 sick passengers left a cruise ship in Sydney earlier this month and wandered off back home with no instruction to self-isolate, it has emerged. Only nine of those were tested for coronaviurs.

The ship, the Ruby Princess, later cruised to New Zealand and back with four of the new passengers now testing positive for COVID-19.
https://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/healt ... 6e29c4a859
If this doesn't prove what a scam all this is, I don't know what does.
King Keil
Expatriate
Armenia

Post by King Keil »

I was just at the supermarket here in Germany and have to say it was nicer than usually on a saturday. They have only 30 trolleys and only let one person per trolley inside, so it was really relaxed and quite inside.
Lots of space and people showed a lot of discipline and were really friendly.
Sometimes I had to wonder if I am really in Germany. Don't know were this is going but have a feeling everything is well organized here.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic