Traveling in Times of Coronavirus

Do you have a Cambodian trip report you want to share? Post it here, and feel free to link to your blog if it's a travel blog for Cambodia, South East Asia, or anywhere really. You can ask and answer questions about travel advice in Cambodia or just share your pictures and videos with us. Most people who live in or visit Cambodia have also checked out nearby countries like Vietnam, Thailand, Laos, Myanmar, Malaysia, Indonesia and the Philippines, and you can get to most of these countries by traveling overland, so put any travel plans, reviews or questions here. Discussions about dirt bike trails in here as well.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Traveling in Times of Coronavirus

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

2h ago 05:00
Helen Davidson
Taiwan authorities have said non-residents will be banned from entering the country from midnight tonight.

The restrictions exclude diplomats and holders of alien resident certificates.
Anyone entering will still be put under a 14-day home quarantine.
Taiwan, which has been lauded for its response to the virus so far with just 77 confirmed cases, has now begun to address concerns of a second wave of infections brought in by travellers. All new cases in the last two days were imported.
https://www.theguardian.com/world/live/ ... est-update
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
atst
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by atst »

So far all the cases with positive virus in Australia and New Zealand are people returning from O/s, why are governments telling everyone to return home?
They should be telling people to stay put register thier whereabouts and provide assistance where needed.
I'm standing up, so I must be straight.
What's a poor man do when the blues keep following him around.(Smoking Dynamite)
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Sumptious quarantine facilities have been laid on for stranded foreigners in Hoi An, Vietnam:
Foreigners treated to 4-star quarantine resort in Hoi An
Wednesday, March 18, 2020, 10:07 GMT+7
Authorities in the central Vietnamese province of Quang Nam, home to world-famous Hoi An Ancient Town, have selected a local four-star resort as a quarantine facility for foreign visitors who are at risk of contracting the novel coronavirus disease (COVID-19).

The provincial People’s Committee decided on Monday it would make the Hoi An Beach Resort, located on Cua Dai Street in Hoi An City, a quarantine camp for foreigners in the province.

This is a four-star resort with 121 rooms with views over Cua Dai Beach and a nearby river, along with swimming pools and high-quality service.

Foreigners who are required to be quarantined will receive free-of-charge meals and medical care at the facility.

They will also be provided with assistance in visa procedures, flight ticket booking, and airport shuttles after their isolation period.

“They came here to visit our country and only wanted a blissful vacation, but the epidemic has caused them a lot of damage. This is how we should support them,” Quang Nam chairman Le Tri Thanh remarked.

Vice-chairman Tran Van Tan expressed a similar opinion, adding that it is “our responsibility to help them in order to maintain the image of the people in Quang Nam.”

International visitors have played an important role in the province’s development, so it is only appropriate that local authorities take good care of them during this time, Tan elaborated.
https://tuoitrenews.vn/news/society/202 ... 53529.html
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Traveling is not what it used to be.

9 Mar 2020
Chinese woman put in headlock after deliberately coughing on Thai Airways flight attendant

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
rozzieoz
Expatriate
Australia

Post by rozzieoz »

I stayed there, it’s really lovely.
Once you've read the dictionary, every other book is just a remix.
Gator
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Gator »

CEOCambodiaNews wrote: Wed Mar 18, 2020 11:06 pm Traveling is not what it used to be.

9 Mar 2020
Chinese woman put in headlock after deliberately coughing on Thai Airways flight attendant
Chinese tourists being put in headlocks for being horrible to Thai people has been a long time coming. I'm surprised the Thais & Khmers have put up with it as long as they have. I remember a few years ago a Chinese woman threw boiling hot water on an AirAsia flight attendant while her bf threatened to blow up the plane over their service. #fuckchina
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

New Measures Announced in Laos.
Govt suspends tourist visas, closes all education institutions
The government has suspended the issuance of visas for foreign tourists for 30 days and suspended all levels of education in the latest move to prevent coronavirus (Covid-19), Prime Minister Thongloun Sisoulith announced yesterday.

All types of visas on arrival and electronic visas (E-visas) are suspended, the premier said as he concluded the first day of the monthly cabinet meeting for March when measures to prevent and control the virus dominated the discussion.

Those already holding an entry visa need to get a health certificate from the concerned authorities and declare their movement history. The cabinet temporary revokes visa exemptions previously granted to some countries.

“It means (citizens of countries previously granted visa exemptions) need to approach the [Lao] embassy or consulate applying for entry visa,” he said, adding that this measure applies until further notice.
The government has intensified preventive measures, despite there being no confirmed case of the virus infection in Laos as of yesterday.
By Souksakhone Vaenkeo
(Latest Update March 19, 2020)
http://www.vientianetimes.org.la/freeCo ... Govt56.php

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

so if ur stuck in Cambodia ur only land border option ( for now) is Thailand an back
i suggest if u might need leave in the next 2 weeks
do it NOW
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
Kung-fu Hillbilly
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Kung-fu Hillbilly »

A young French woman staying at my guesthouse reported yesterday a local guy in Lombok (apologies for the constant Lombok references) made the hissing sound of a snake toward her followed by "You Coronavirus".
atst
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by atst »

Plane Auckland to Gold coast Australia only a few ,all Aussie's returning home early holiday

fromImage
I'm standing up, so I must be straight.
What's a poor man do when the blues keep following him around.(Smoking Dynamite)
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic