Information on Coronavirus / COVID-19 in Cambodia (Latest Updates December 2021)

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
drozd
Expatriate
Mexico

Re: Information on Coronavirus in Cambodia from 8 March 2020

Post by drozd »

BREAKING NEWS: All Schools and Universities in Cambodia Shut down to Prevent Covid-19

http://en.freshnewsasia.com/index.php/e ... 22-23.html
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

drozd wrote: Mon Mar 16, 2020 4:32 pm BREAKING NEWS: All Schools and Universities in Cambodia Shut down to Prevent Covid-19

http://en.freshnewsasia.com/index.php/e ... 22-23.html
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
MassConsciousness
Tourist
Canada

Post by MassConsciousness »

Do we have to pay for the quarentine? i mean do we pay for the hotel/motel and food and internet? OMG i cant afford it, trying to save money in this lousy country is so hard. Does the Gov pay for it?
Roadie
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Roadie »

News must be a bit slow getting to Battambang as I saw plenty at school today. Maybe it just means teachers!
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Post by Anchor Moy »

Roadie wrote: Mon Mar 16, 2020 8:01 pm News must be a bit slow getting to Battambang as I saw plenty at school today. Maybe it just means teachers!
Lol, maybe the kids don't have facebook. (Preferred govt news outlet.)
Check in tomorrow and tell us what you see.
lostjeremy
Expatriate

Post by lostjeremy »

Roadie wrote:News must be a bit slow getting to Battambang as I saw plenty at school today. Maybe it just means teachers!
School was originally only cancelled for SR and then PP K-12. They updated it today to include the entire country and universities.

Sent from my CPH1823 using Tapatalk

John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

MassConsciousness wrote: Mon Mar 16, 2020 7:58 pm Do we have to pay for the quarentine? i mean do we pay for the hotel/motel and food and internet? OMG i cant afford it, trying to save money in this lousy country is so hard. Does the Gov pay for it?
I'm not sure what you mean there. What quarantine or hotel/motel? Unfortunately you do have to provide for yourself most of the time, the government will likely concentrate on helping their own citizens. Cruise tours are extremely expensive so I'd imagine they were able to pay any extra expenses. While the government may have stepped in early on for the good PR of being benevolent, this won't be sustained for long if more and more visitors become sick. I'm not trying to be mean, but the elders/leaders here have all been through tough times. They didn't have the luxury of foreign travel and had to stick it through war, poverty, famine, isolation etc. We didn't. We just came when the security situation improved. We had a choice and the onus is on us to sort our own shit out when the shit goes down.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

TOP NEWS: Cambodia’s Ministry of Health Seeks Passengers on Flight PG933 as Cambodian Man Infected
16/03/20 22:08
Phnom Penh (FN), Mar. 16 – Cambodian Ministry of Health on Monday urged individuals who [sat] next to a Cambodian man infected with Covid-19 on flight PG933 to get a health test or contact 115.

"A passenger on flight PG933 [Bangkok Airways] from Bangkok to Phnom Penh on March 9 tested positive for Covid-19. If you were on the flight and seated No. 22, 23, 24, 25, or 26, you need to contact the Ministry of Health by calling 115 for medical checkup,” according to Dr. Ly Sovann, spokesman for Ministry of Health.
http://en.freshnewsasia.com/index.php/e ... 08-41.html
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
Username Taken
Raven
Cambodia

Post by Username Taken »

^^^ Isn't all that in a database somewhere?
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Kammekor »

Username Taken wrote: Tue Mar 17, 2020 3:27 am ^^^ Isn't all that in a database somewhere?
It is, but as soon a passengers find out the flight is more than half empty they start changing seats and the official data becomes useless.

Saw it happen on a Thai flight yesterday.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic