So why were General Mackevili and KiR hanging out so much...

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
Singularian
Expatriate

Re: So why were General Mackevili and KiR hanging out so muc

Post by Singularian »

I quite like trollz. They should have a thread to reveal their deep unease with self.

Carry on.
vladimir
The Pun-isher
Russia

Post by vladimir »

giblet wrote:If you hate each other so much, use the 'Foe' feature. Otherwise why derail a perfectly good thread about hating another forum? When we turn on each other, we let the terrorists win.
The Byrds are terrorists? (Turn,turn, turn)
Jesus loves you...Mexico is great, right? ;)
Flynn
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Flynn »

General Mackevili wrote: Believe it or not The Dragon and have had ZERO conversations about money thus far (except one offer where someone approached us, and we are likely going to turn down).
Why would you turn down money? What was the offer?
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Post by General Mackevili »

Flynn wrote:
General Mackevili wrote: Believe it or not The Dragon and have had ZERO conversations about money thus far (except one offer where someone approached us, and we are likely going to turn down).
We turned it down.

They wanted us to completely censor their competition from our website. No mention of them, etc.

We don't like those terms.

And we're not in this for the $$$$$. We wanna have a kickass forum for Cambodia!

Blocking our advertisers' competitors from even being mentioned on our site is not a good look for a forum that should be able to discuss anything related to Cambodia and beyond.
"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
Digg3r
Expatriate
Korea North

Post by Digg3r »

I have to come clean. It was me who offered money for an ad. Basically I wanted to be elevated to a God like status on this board with an infinite amount of karma and the right to flame every poster. Especially the ones with the protection status. It was all a go but then a dispute was raised over the keywords that I wanted censored to keep attacks on me out. They just wouldn't do it so now you're still allowed to post such phrases as Australian buffoon, semi literate pseudo academic, bottom feeder, keyboard warrior and many more that could be used to describe me over time. I guess it's a win for the integrity of the board...
flying chicken
Expatriate

Post by flying chicken »

Amen. Your secret is safe.
EVERYONE BOW DOWN AND PAY EXTREME HOMAGE TO HIS MAJESTIES flying chicken©
EdinWigan
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by EdinWigan »

If GM and KiR want to hang out in the real world, that is fine with me. I think they have been mates for a long time. GM and the Dragon (Orange not Red) give a massive amount of time here but they are only human, well the dragon is, so when they want to go about town for a few cold ones, cool crack on gents.

As for KiR, he has run K440 for a long time and it maybe going through a bit of a patch atm but I am sure this will offer the opportunity for some timely reflection. There are many occasions when we all need and should revisit the business plan, a tweak here a nip n tuck there, it is a good practice.

If when the winds of change have reduced to a gentle breeze, we are left with the option to play on CEO and K440, is that not more choice. Is it not in all our interests to maintain a choice. Doesn't this improve the whole customer experience.

When all the analogies about the Third Reich are told and things settle down, we could be left with two or more choices, then the rules of natural evolution will ultimately prevail and there will be enough food to support two forums or natural selection will reduce it to just one.

On-line we can all enjoy some banter and sometime we need to on-line slap one or two people down, for one pun to many but we don't ever need or should take it off-line. That is not for intelligent people, that is for mindless thugs and morons.

I look forward to the day when KiR can finally 'Come Out' to the whole of Cambodia

...and unmask, run K440 and also relax and play on CEO. There is a lot of spear throwing at the moment but it is just basic Tuckman, we will soon move on to norming. If we know that and keep it in mind, we might choose to throw slightly smaller spears, as in a few weeks we will probably be sitting down having a beer or two with out current target.

:pardon:

Today we managed to buy umbrellas for three more peasant children in Wigan and one small dog. Thank you for your continued generous support.
Remember your Karma helps a Wet Child In Wigan !
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Post by General Mackevili »

EdinWigan wrote: There is a lot of spear throwing at the moment but it is just basic Tuckman, we will soon move on to norming. If we know that and keep it in mind, we might choose to throw slightly smaller spears, as in a few weeks we will probably be sitting down having a beer or two with out current target.
Amen. The rest is good too.
"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
Flynn
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Flynn »

General Mackevili wrote:
Flynn wrote:
We turned it down.

They wanted us to completely censor their competition from our website. No mention of them, etc.

We don't like those terms.

And we're not in this for the $$$$$. We wanna have a kickass forum for Cambodia!

Blocking our advertisers' competitors from even being mentioned on our site is not a good look for a forum that should be able to discuss anything related to Cambodia and beyond.
Cool. :thumb:
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Australia

Post by StroppyChops »

EdinWigan wrote:Today we managed to buy umbrellas for three more peasant children in Wigan and one small dog. Thank you for your continued generous support.
Good post. What does the one small dog do with an umbrella?
Bodge: This ain't Kansas, and the neighbours ate Toto!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic