Odd Question about Apartment "Servicing"

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
Ravensnest
Expatriate
United States of America

Odd Question about Apartment "Servicing"

Post by Ravensnest »

Some will find this an odd question, but there is a personal reason for my asking.

I've only ever had this one apartment here in PP. My apartment building, for $10 extra per month, will provide a cleaning once a week. I have always opted out of it as I'm OCD clean and I have always taken my trash out to the curb.

Is it commonplace for tenants to leave their trash bags outside of their front door for someone else to carry out to the curb?
Still here, in country...
Austman
Expatriate
Australia

Re: Odd Question about Apartment "Servicing"

Post by Austman »

Dude if that's all you have to worry about you have a blessed life. Do what you think .if it doesn't work out leaving it out side your room put it on the curb. Yes it is common practice
My wife said to get one of those pills that'll give me a huge hard on for hours! I brought her back some diet pills, Now I am hiding out in Cambodia for a few years until she calms down!
Ravensnest
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Ravensnest »

Austman wrote: Sat Jan 11, 2020 10:26 am Dude if that's all you have to worry about you have a blessed life. Do what you think .if it doesn't work out leaving it out side your room put it on the curb. Yes it is common practice
yes, I have a blessed life :beer1: hahah, you didn't even understand my post. judging by your assumption, you're not bright enough to brainstorm about this.
Still here, in country...
xandreu
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by xandreu »

I'd say it's more common for you to take the trash to the kerb yourself rather than leaving it by the door for someone else to take, but I guess it depends on the arrangements of the apartment building you live in. If that's what everyone else does, (and it still somehow gets collected and doesn't just pile up) then it's probably fine. But I've lived in several apartments here and it's always been commonplace that you take the trash to the kerb yourself (or wherever the designated place is that the garbage lorries pick it up from)
The difference between animals and humans is that animals would never allow the dumb ones to lead the pack.
Austman
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Austman »

Ravensnest wrote: Sat Jan 11, 2020 10:45 am
Austman wrote: Sat Jan 11, 2020 10:26 am Dude if that's all you have to worry about you have a blessed life. Do what you think .if it doesn't work out leaving it out side your room put it on the curb. Yes it is common practice
yes, I have a blessed life :beer1: hahah, you didn't even understand my post. judging by your assumption, you're not bright enough to brainstorm about this.
Just bothered to go back on CEO after a long break from the superior beings who frequent these pages of! As my friend says people who assume ( make an ass out of u and me) that they are intelligent "always are not"! Read a book called a question of intelligence written by the then editor and chief of the New York Times its a good read, dispatches (dispels) a few myths ie that sporting stars like like rugby players are all 1/2 witted thugs beating their chests like rock apes, after the writer of this book question/ interviewed a few nuclear physicist and biomechanical engineers who were at the forefront of their field he/they decided that the shear brain power to run a body at peak performance would put them in the top 1/3 of intelligence compared to the rest of us normal humans. And where do you rate street smarts like a person who never had an education higher than high school and yet has become a multi billionaire in the business world, some would say that they have reached the pinnacle of success. Or on the same plane that some people here would conceive how do these local persons who have no education at all some cant even read or write in their own language live from day to day? some live quite well, and how do they continually make fools of quite a few so called highly educated and intelligent expats that live in and or visit this beautiful country. enjoy your day be positive and happy and of course now more importantly stay healthy! Austman
My wife said to get one of those pills that'll give me a huge hard on for hours! I brought her back some diet pills, Now I am hiding out in Cambodia for a few years until she calms down!
Clemen
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Clemen »

Dude, tone it down. And you don't need to quote your own post twice in succession
up to you...
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Post by Anchor Moy »

Hmm, so Austman, not sure what your point is, but the big question here is do you take your rubbish out yourself or not ?
:popcorn:
SternAAlbifrons
Expatriate
Pitcairn Island

Post by SternAAlbifrons »

. Good to see someone taking responsibility for their own crap, OP
it's becoming a rare thing these days.
violet
Expatriate

Post by violet »

Ravensnest wrote: Sat Jan 11, 2020 10:12 am Some will find this an odd question, but there is a personal reason for my asking.

I've only ever had this one apartment here in PP. My apartment building, for $10 extra per month, will provide a cleaning once a week. I have always opted out of it as I'm OCD clean and I have always taken my trash out to the curb.

Is it commonplace for tenants to leave their trash bags outside of their front door for someone else to carry out to the curb?
in my experience, No, it's not common practice to leave it outside your door for someone else to carry to the curb. Also, even if they don't say anything your neighbours prefer it if you don't put it by the curb in the morning if the trash is collected in the afternoon/evening - attracts more critters. Put it by the curb later in the day if it is collected later in the day.
Despite what angsta states, it’s clear from reading through his posts that angsta supports the free FreePalestine movement.
Phnom Poon
Expatriate
Kiribati

Post by Phnom Poon »

Austman wrote: Sun Mar 15, 2020 2:16 pm how do these local persons who have no education at all some cant even read or write in their own language live from day to day? some live quite well, and how do they continually make fools of quite a few so called highly educated and intelligent expats
is it the one that goes:
hey look at that white dude, look at that nose!
how does he even walk without tripping over it?
forget the nose, what about his cock?
hur, hur-hur

i always feel thoroughly brow-beaten when that happens

monstra mihi bona!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic