Following the Coronavirus (COVID-19) Outbreak - News and Discussion

Yeah, that place out 'there'. Anything not really Cambodia related should go here.
Ravensnest
Expatriate
United States of America

Re: Outbreak of Unidentified Coronavirus In China as New Year Approaches

Post by Ravensnest »

Phnom Penh schools have now closed with Siem Reap schools. IDK If this was already posted or not...
Still here, in country...
Stinkman
Expatriate

Post by Stinkman »

When you feel the need to resort to bragging about your bum gun usage skills, you really need to reevaluate your life choices.
Captain Bonez
Baked
Nigeria

Post by Captain Bonez »

Turn that frown upside down

If you enjoy noise pollution and obnoxious driving practices, Phnom Penh is the place for you!

This.
Clutch Cargo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Clutch Cargo »

Long thread so dunno whether this has been posted before but came across it today.

Video of the Wuhan wet market..
Spoiler:
Warning: I found it pretty disgusting..
Username Taken
Raven
Cambodia

Post by Username Taken »

Coronavirus latest updates: Trump extends travel ban to UK and Ireland

https://www.theguardian.com/world/live/ ... pdate-news

In other news from the Guardian:

Donald Trump given coronavirus all clear. Donald Trump’s physician, Sean Conley, has confirmed the US president does not have Covid-19. Earlier on Saturday, vice-president Mike Pence announced that the country’s European travel ban would be extended to the UK and Ireland from midnight on Monday (eastern standard time)

The Spanish government has formally declared a state of emergency over the coronavirus, placing the country in lockdown and ordering people to stay at home for the next two weeks unless they have to buy food or medicine or go to work or hospital. The measures are set to come into effect on Monday morning and follows in the example set by France hours earlier, which announced the closure all public places “non-essential” from midnight on Saturday.

Spanish PM’s wife tests positive for coronavirus. The Spanish government announced that the prime minister’s wife, Begoña Gómez, has tested positive for the coronavirus. Both Gomez and her husband, Pedro Sánchez, are doing well and remain at their official residence in Madrid, the Moncloa palace, the government said in a statement.

Israel proposes uses anti-terrorism tracking tech. Israel has – like France and Spain – announced a partial closure of the country, shutting down hotels, cafes, restaurants, cinemas, theatres and malls. Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu added that he hopes to deploy anti-terrorism tracking technology to locate people who have been in contact with those carrying the virus. He said he had requested Justice Ministry approval because such measures could infringe patients’ privacy.“The enemy is invisible, but we must locate it,” Netanyahu said.

Colombia closes border with Venezuela and Ecuador bans foreigners. Colombia overnight closed its border with Venezuela in order to stem the spread of Covid-19 in the South American nation. The move to shut the border came overnight, after Venezuela confirmed its first two cases of Covid-19 on Friday morning. Colombia currently has 22 confirmed cases of Covid-19, but its government appears to view Venezuela - with fewer cases - as a possible centre of an outbreak in Latin America. Meanwhile, Ecuador announced it would ban foreigners from entering the country by land, sea or air. Citizens and residents will be able to enter until Monday, after which they will also face restrictions. Gatherings larger than 30 people have also been banned.
----------------------------

Who was that wanker that said "May you live in interesting times". :whip:
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

first new Zealand
now Australia
All overseas arrivals to Australia will need to self-isolate for 14 days as of midnight on Sunday, Prime Minister Scott Morrison announced.

Mr Morrison also said Australia will ban cruise ships from foreign ports.
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
Phnom Poon
Expatriate
Kiribati

Post by Phnom Poon »

and what about russia?
barely any cases thanks to putin's incredible foresight and strong leadership
bs

monstra mihi bona!
Duncan
Sir Duncan

Post by Duncan »

Phnom Poon wrote: Sun Mar 15, 2020 10:58 am
and what about russia?
barely any cases thanks to putin's incredible foresight and strong leadership
bs

You haven't heard of the curing properties of vodka ? Why give all the credit to Putin ?
Cambodia,,,, Don't fall in love with her.
Like the spoilt child she is, she will not be happy till she destroys herself from within and breaks your heart.
JUDGEDREDD
Expatriate
Christmas Island

Post by JUDGEDREDD »

Quick update in Hanoi, Airbnb and homestays are all lockoff, booked into a hostel and this is my second night. Been informed the place is going into lockdown from tomorrow so getting kicked out, managed to book another hostel on booking.com just incase but I'm wondering if I just bite the bullet and spank £350 for a flight back home. Fucking annoying tbh but better than 2 weeks in quarantine in God knows what situation here..
Thoughts and advice for my anxious mind please chaps and chapesses.

My travel insurance company haven't replied in 4 days. Really nice, really cool, really handsome.
Slow down little world, you're changing too fast.
hunter8
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by hunter8 »

JUDGEDREDD wrote: Sun Mar 15, 2020 3:04 pm Thoughts and advice for my anxious mind please chaps and chapesses.
If you are not banned to fly into Thailand, depending on your passport, you may find some peace of mind here as i am doing right now after my Cambodian tourist visa expired. I don’t know for how long, but could be an option to wait it out.

Funny observation. They take body temperature with this portable device at the entrance to some gogo bars (sorry if anyone is disturbed by mentioning gogo bar in this thread), well my measurements were 35, 33, 32. I asked the guy to measure himself, he showed 36. I guess i am an alien or coronavirus can make temp lower in some people? Lol, crazy.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic