Anthony J Solloway, FB troll and convicted Nonce

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
Jerry Atrick
Expatriate
Central African Republic

Anthony J Solloway, FB troll and convicted Nonce

Post by Jerry Atrick »

This afternoon, I was searching the "Kampot Noticeboard" for the details of "Ciao" a popular restaurant that used be in town but which has since moved to nearby Bokor.

Anyway, on one of the threads I saw number of replies to the name "Anthony Solloway" which I recalled straightaway as having been an annoying troll on all Facebook groups related to Cambodia, but his posts themselves were gone. At the time that he had been posting a lot it would have been 2017, 2018 and at least some part of last year. I had also suspected him of having an account on CEO,due to obvious similarities in writing style between him and a user account on here.

Naturally, I searched for his FB profile first. It was gone. This led me to google the bastard. Here's what I found: He's a locked up nonce now! Surprised this didn't make the forum earlier.

https://www.theargus.co.uk/news/1795349 ... nt-images/

https://www.theargus.co.uk/news/1824354 ... se-images/

https://www.chichester.co.uk/news/crime ... ed-1883928

He had a book published on Amazon also.

https://www.amazon.com/Anthony-J.-Sollo ... scns_share

They caught him while he tried to throw away an incriminating USB stick before a search in Gatwick.

Used live here, lecture here and around Asia.

Received surprisingly little press in the UK.

I thought we should let him have some more publicity, right? I mean, I just made some association with his name while looking for Italian food!
SternAAlbifrons
Expatriate
Pitcairn Island

Re: Anthony J Solloway, FB troll and convicted Nonce

Post by SternAAlbifrons »

Detective Jerry Atrick
:thumb:

now we just got to figure out if he was ever one of us
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Post by Anchor Moy »

SternAAlbifrons wrote: Sat Mar 14, 2020 5:42 pm Detective Jerry Atrick
:thumb:

now we just got to figure out if he was ever one of us
Posting here doesn't make him "one of us". :bad:
Clutch Cargo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Clutch Cargo »

SternAAlbifrons wrote: Sat Mar 14, 2020 5:42 pm Detective Jerry Atrick

Ghostwriter
Expatriate
France

Post by Ghostwriter »

What will you find when looking for chinese food ?
Jerry Atrick
Expatriate
Central African Republic

Post by Jerry Atrick »

A disparate group of antipodean, European, American and others fiercely debating which of their home towns has the most "authentic" Chinese food outside China.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic