Toul Kok mansion question...

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
wolfcreek
Expatriate
United States of America

Toul Kok mansion question...

Post by wolfcreek »

On my daily walks I have noticed that some of the mansion compounds in Toul Kok have what appear to be small factories/warehouses. Seems a bit odd. Any idea what these are used for?
fazur
Expatriate
Norway

Re: Toul Kok mansion question...

Post by fazur »

breaking bad?
khmerhamster
Expatriate
Turkmenistan

Post by khmerhamster »

It's very common for a business to be based at someone's home.
Or even just having a large room used as a distribution hub for products with a larger warehouse elsewhere.

Could be anything. If you really want to know then ask a local - it won't seem like you are being a nosey git. They'll happily tell you.
wolfcreek
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by wolfcreek »

Someone told me once that many counterfeit things are being made: cigarettes; medicines; food items, etc.
SternAAlbifrons
Expatriate
Pitcairn Island

Post by SternAAlbifrons »

Somebody told me if it is a high government or military persons Toul Kok mansion
those shed are full of thousands and thousands of dead bodies.

You see, apparently, for every ghost you put on the public payroll you gotta buy a dead person first, or make a new one - cos that's where ghosts come from.
Makes sense to me.
Arget
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Arget »

In the Stueng Mean Chey area it may contain huge amounts of timber stored there. Maybe they are going to take it into the forest and replant it or just stocking up for future BBQs. Take a trip out that way and look about . You may be surprised.
wolfcreek
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by wolfcreek »

One of the bigger mansions under construction near TK shopping plaza also has lots of huge logs just inside the wall. They seem out of place there..
Arget
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Arget »

wolfcreek wrote: Sat Mar 14, 2020 4:05 am One of the bigger mansions under construction near TK shopping plaza also has lots of huge logs just inside the wall. They seem out of place there..
Yep they should be in trees as part of a forest.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic