Sihanoukville is a Mess; Authorities React

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
King Keil
Expatriate
Armenia

Re: Sihanoukville is a Mess; Authorities React

Post by King Keil »

Looks lovely
willyhilly
Expatriate
Albania

Post by willyhilly »

Like that other poster I feel sad for the Khmers who loved going to the beach. They would camp out down Occateul on long weekends and really enjoy themselves on the beach. I remember when I first went to work the office staff asked how many times I had been to Komong Salomon. They were staggered whenI told them of 50 visits or more.
The girls loved going to the beach, many had never been at all. It was always exciting buying the first bikini. They were excited too.
Duncan
Sir Duncan

Post by Duncan »

For those living in PP the best beach, and the closest beach is on Koh Dak [ spelling ] which is in the middle of the Mekong north of PP . I think it may also be referred to as Silk Island. and now and for the next few months are the best time to go as the water is very clean.

Cross the Japanese bridge and go north and there are two ferry crossings that go across , Take the second one and after landing go north to the northern end of the island.

Cambodia,,,, Don't fall in love with her.
Like the spoilt child she is, she will not be happy till she destroys herself from within and breaks your heart.
SternAAlbifrons
Expatriate
Pitcairn Island

Post by SternAAlbifrons »

Duncan wrote: Sat Dec 14, 2019 12:52 pm For those living in PP the best beach, and the closest beach is on Koh Dak [ spelling ] which is in the middle of the Mekong
Shut up Duncan. That is supposed to be a secret (to expats anyway) spot.
Grab a hut and kick back over the water for lunch - or all afternoon.

Midweek is best - virtually nobody there.
King Keil
Expatriate
Armenia

Post by King Keil »

I love cycling on Koh Dach but that beach looks like a refugee camp from up there. Trash all over the place and they even drive their cars close to the water. Prefer any swimmingpool over that.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

Cambodia News, (Preah Sihanouk): Provincial Governor Kouch Chamroeun presided over the 34th Infrastructure Monitoring Meeting on March 12, 2020 in Sihanoukville.
The emergency work on the city's infrastructure, which commenced in November 2019, is going ahead with the participation of the municipal, district, department, relevant entities, road construction companies, and engineers. The governor called on all the participants to speed up the works in order to finish in time.
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
j57
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by j57 »

if done right with professional skill and high grade materials...this is a perfect time to get the infrastructure of Sihanoukville up to snuff...
That goes for all aspects from sewage...to storm... electric...roads...you name it....garbage!!!!
Dry season...post chinese online gambling boom..expats are gone...
Spend the money...do it right and make it a beautiful oceanside city...
or, let it fester...
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

Sihanoukville, Cambodia News: With the season's first rains, Sihanoukville residents are already suffering from flooding in their homes. It appears that the population are in for a long and wet rainy season. The works on the city's infrastructure - roads, drainage, and sewerage treatment - will not be in place before the rains come.

Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
willyhilly
Expatriate
Albania

Post by willyhilly »

I doubt that the drains will ever work if they have filled in all the swamps.
AndyKK
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by AndyKK »

willyhilly wrote: Sun Apr 12, 2020 9:30 am I doubt that the drains will ever work if they have filled in all the swamps.
That solved the problem of the crocodiles, I took this photo some years back, I would not want to swim in those swaps for many reasons, but probably if you did typhoid would get you first.
Always "hope" but never "expect".
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic