Following the Coronavirus (COVID-19) Outbreak - News and Discussion

Yeah, that place out 'there'. Anything not really Cambodia related should go here.
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Re: Outbreak of Unidentified Coronavirus In China as New Year Approaches

Post by Doc67 »

rozzieoz wrote: Wed Mar 11, 2020 3:17 pm My neighbour lived in China for several years and has friends there still.
She told me about videos they are sharing on WeChat of body bags crammed with four or five people, including babies and children.
Can your neighbour's friend's firend's wechat friends provide any actual video footage of 5 people including children and babies "stuffed" in a body bag?

As far as I know, and also the professor of ICU in Lombardy recently interviewed on UK Channel 4 (see page 133 ) this virus spares children.

But share any video proof of babies and children and adults, 5 of them, in a body bag designed for one.

Scaremongering baseless gossipy drivel.
IraHayes
Expatriate
Marshall Islands

Post by IraHayes »

Is it really so difficult to think of a plausible reason why, if there are “body bags stacking up in China”, it may be so??

Do you think your average Joe who works in a morgue, funeral home or whatever, but who has to deal with dead bodies for a living might, you know.... given the media hyperventilating over what will probably just turn out to be yet another variation of the seasonal flu, will actually be turning up for work?
Now if they are short staffed or as I suspect, have no staff, then who is going to shift the daily supply of deceased?

I suspect there are quite a few cases where things are “stacking up” because staff are simply not turning up to work.

But yeah.... scary stories in the media and China being well known as a controller of information can only lead to one conclusion!
hiway5
Expatriate
Spain

Post by hiway5 »

Trump has banned all flights from USA to Europe [ not UK ] for 30 days.
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

hiway5 wrote: Thu Mar 12, 2020 8:52 am Trump has banned all flights from USA to Europe [ not UK ] for 30 days.
Source?

He made a speech tonight I heard. Anyone know where I can view it?
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

hiway5 wrote: Thu Mar 12, 2020 8:52 am Trump has banned all flights from USA to Europe [ not UK ] for 30 days.
Source? Please clarify, flights FROM USA. Do you mean TO USA?

rozzieoz
Expatriate
Australia

Post by rozzieoz »

I don’t know about the temples but a lot of shops are closed.
Once you've read the dictionary, every other book is just a remix.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

I saw it on BBC this morning ( it was live at 8 am my time)
flights between Europe and the states suspended from friday for 30days.. ( UK is ok)
Americans can return if they prove they have been cleared of the virus
President Trump said he was taking ‘strong but necessary’ action against the coronavirus.

President Trump announced on Wednesday night that he was taking “strong but necessary” actions to keep new cases of the coronavirus from entering the United States by suspending all travel from Europe for 30 days, beginning on Friday. The restrictions do not apply to Britain, he said.

Speaking from the Oval Office, Mr. Trump called the coronavirus a “horrible infection” and said he was addressing the nation to talk about the “unprecedented response to the coronavirus outbreak.”
N.B.A. suspends season after player tests positive for the coronavirus.

The N.B.A. will suspend its season after a Utah Jazz player was found to have tested positive for the coronavirus, the league announced on Wednesday. The league said the suspension would take effect after the completion of Wednesday’s schedule.
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/co ... r-BB1115OJ

Tom Hanks and wife Rita Wilson test positive for coronavirus while in Australia

https://www.sbs.com.au/news/tom-hanks-a ... jya2Y9QHH8
Last edited by phuketrichard on Thu Mar 12, 2020 9:08 am, edited 2 times in total.
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

Source? Please clarify, flights FROM USA. Do you mean TO USA?

newkidontheblock
Expatriate

Post by newkidontheblock »

Major events in the US cancelled. Houston Rodeo cancelled today. In the middle of the event. South by Southwest in Austin, cancelled. All future NBA games suspended after tonight’s game. Apparently a player has the virus.

All this in the middle of Spring Break where thousands of kids are let out of school looking for things to do.
DaveG
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by DaveG »

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic