Following the Coronavirus (COVID-19) Outbreak - News and Discussion

Yeah, that place out 'there'. Anything not really Cambodia related should go here.
Duncan
Sir Duncan

Re: Outbreak of Unidentified Coronavirus In China as New Year Approaches

Post by Duncan »

Now is a good time to travel. Flew from PP to KL2 this morning and everything is quiet. Air Asia plane half full and one guy sitting in a seat in front of me was coughing ten thousand times all the way, so I told the air steward , but he didn't seem interested. Yes, I moved to a seat farther away and for the first time in my life put on a face mask.
Cambodia,,,, Don't fall in love with her.
Like the spoilt child she is, she will not be happy till she destroys herself from within and breaks your heart.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

Cambodia Breaking News(Siem Reap): In the morning of March 11, 2020, the Siem Reap Provincial Health Department revealed that they have found and tested the passapp driver of the Japanese man infected with coronavirus.
The test results were negative, and the man is said to be in good health and showing no symptoms. He will remain under quantine for 14 days at the Infectious Diseases Building of Siem Reap Referral Hospital.
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
rozzieoz
Expatriate
Australia

Post by rozzieoz »

My neighbour lived in China for several years and has friends there still.
She told me about videos they are sharing on WeChat of body bags crammed with four or five people, including babies and children.

Once you've read the dictionary, every other book is just a remix.
Big'n
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Big'n »

Stinkman
Expatriate

Post by Stinkman »

Note at the rising daily global reported death rate making the deaths registered in China at their peak look like a minor blip now.

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavir ... eath-toll/

The US is really just beginning mass testing this coming week. Until now only those with flu symptoms AND certain recent travel histories or relations with known Covid-19 cases would be tested, due to lack of accurate test kits. So expect cases in the US to surge by a thousand per day soon as they have in Italy and Iran. Maybe by the tens of thousands per day, according to the Mayor of Seattle. If 14% of those cases are serious/critical, then the emergency health care system basically stops dead when all beds are filled with people with Covid-19 requiring respirators.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

COVID-19-Infected British Woman Transferred from Kampong Cham to Phnom Penh
AKP Phnom Penh, March 11, 2020 --

The 65-year-old British woman with confirmed COVID-19 infection was transferred from Kampong Cham provincial referral hospital to a hospital in Phnom Penh this afternoon.

The transfer is aimed to provide her with more comfortable services due to her old age, Spokesperson of the Ministry of Health Dr. Ly Sovann told AKP this evening, reconfirming that her health condition is good and stable.

The spokesperson added that those who have had direct contact with the British woman, including an interpreter, a three-wheel driver, and her children were all tested negative for COVID-19.

Besides her, other tourists and crewmembers of the Viking Cruise Journey have their specimens collected for medical test at the Pasteur Institute in Phnom Penh and have to stay away from others for 14 days.
https://www.akp.gov.kh/post/detail/27698
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
AndyKK
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by AndyKK »

rozzieoz wrote: Wed Mar 11, 2020 3:17 pm My neighbour lived in China for several years and has friends there still.
She told me about videos they are sharing on WeChat of body bags crammed with four or five people, including babies and children.
You being on the ground "so to speak" what is the scene and now the daily life in Siam Reap? I was heading up to visit the temples but saw the news early morning and decided to wait, seeing what is to be next, if I turn around or not.
Always "hope" but never "expect".
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

WHO declares virus crisis a pandemic, U.S. stocks plunge
By JAMEY KEATEN, MARIA CHENG and JOHN LEICESTER
6 minutes ago

GENEVA (AP) — The World Health Organization declared Wednesday that the global coronavirus crisis is now a pandemic as U.S. stocks plunged into bear market territory and several American cities joined European counterparts in banning large gatherings.

By reversing course and using the charged word “pandemic” that it had previously shied away from, the U.N. health agency sought to shock lethargic countries into pulling out all the stops.

“We have called every day for countries to take urgent and aggressive action. We have rung the alarm bell loud and clear,” said Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus, the WHO chief.

“All countries can still change the course of this pandemic. If countries detect, test, treat, isolate, trace and mobilize their people in the response,” he said. “We are deeply concerned by the alarming levels of spread and severity and by the alarming levels of inaction.”

After downplaying the threat of the virus for days, U.S. President Donald Trump was considering a national disaster declaration and new travel advisories. He was scheduled to deliver an Oval Office address to the nation Wednesday night.

For the global economy, virus repercussions were profound Wednesday, with increasing concerns of wealth- and job-wrecking recessions. U.S. stocks wiped out more than all the gains from a huge rally a day earlier as Wall Street continued to reel.
https://apnews.com/52e12ca90c55b6e0c398d134a2cc286e

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
Stinkman
Expatriate

Post by Stinkman »

“We have called every day for countries to take urgent and aggressive action. We have rung the alarm bell loud and clear,” said Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus, the WHO chief.
About 6 weeks too late, you useless, feckless bureaucrats. And after criticizing people who correctly warned of this virus as needless fear mongers for the past 2 months. But keep praising China for their response, seeing they bought you years ago.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

oh oh, they were holding off announcing it, so in reality it is worse than they have been saying..
wait till true figures roll in fro Africa and the other se Asain countries
going to be a lot worse till it gets better now...

125,865 infected
4,615 deaths
67,017 recovered
112 countries,cruise ships and China; as far away as South Africa, Iceland,Bhutan,Mongolia,Jamaica,Congo,Boliva, Malta, Panama, Colombia

Amazingly NONE in Laos or Burma ( i guess they are not equipped to test)
and on and on

Trump announced this morning " All Travel between Mainland Europe and the states suspended as of Friday evening"..lasting 1 month!!
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic