Avoiding a R.T. ticket back to Philippines!

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
armchairlawyer
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Avoiding a R.T. ticket back to Philippines!

Post by armchairlawyer »

OP, where are you intending to buy the ticket? Try Skyscanner or some similar if you haven't already.
Fourkinnel
Expatriate
Tonga

Post by Fourkinnel »

Pizzalover wrote: Wed Dec 25, 2019 1:03 pm Cebupacificair has stopped flying into Siem Reap and now it is only Philippines Airlines to PP which costs and arm and a leg. Depending on your scheduling two tickets (in and outbound) into Ho Chi Minh City or BKK might be your best bet. Both countries demand outbound flights but Vietnam much less stringent. Wait for a promotion. I got a flight from a southern province to Manila and on to BKK for 60 USD, carry-on only.

There should be a new year's sale or christmas sale. So far nothing on Cebupacific yet. Keep your eyes open.

In case she is from DVO or CEB flights to SIN might be an alternative and then one on to Cambodia.
I just booked with Air Asia PP to Man , connecting flight in DMK Thailand, was reasonable price. 9 hrs total . Will miss the SR cebu Pacific. Hope they re-schedule!
Pizzalover
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Pizzalover »

I m doing that route to the Southern Phils in 10 days.

There is no hope that 5J will reassign a flight to REP. Most of their new planes are all for the CHina flights and that will be increasing even more.

The problem with 2 different airlines or tickets it is the price for the checked luggage. That easily adds up.

From CEB you might have done better with a cheap flight into SIN and then on to PNH or REP. THis way you would avoid the outward flight requirement in Thailand.

Hopefully you will have enough time in NAIA 3 for the passport control. Go early as they might make trouble for your gf even if there is no legal basis. In that case they extend the interview beyond boarding and get their way. You can check in 4 hrs early (officially) but often I m doing it 5 or 6 hrs early when I arrive on an international carrier long distance and switch to my local flight.

In case you will be based in PNH: For the outbound flights SGN is good. REP might work well with Hanoi as they have that Vietjet flight from REP.

I m doing the Cambodia-Phils trip 3-4 times a year and keep wondering how to arrange my schedule in the future. Thailand allows only 2 land entries per calendar year which makes things worse. I have always around 40kgs checked luggage. Philippines Airlines has a max of 20 kgs.
tireswang
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by tireswang »

Thanks for nothing....rules, laws, borders what a drag, too many snags and puss face people like you that like to keep everything and everyone in line... I just want my wife to live here "peacefully" with me and I will try to do "whatever" it takes to obtain my goal. My Travel Agent told me today to not expect any problems buying her a 1 way ticket from Pi. to Cambodia, even if she is not married to me. I am a resident of both countries and a U.S. citizen wondering why Life has to be so dang complicated. I Love my Wife but not her country. I am Too poor to bring her to my country and Love Cambodia... therefore the saga continues.
~
fsdfdsdf
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by fsdfdsdf »

pczz
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by pczz »

tireswang wrote: Wed Jan 01, 2020 5:19 pm Thanks for nothing....rules, laws, borders what a drag, too many snags and puss face people like you that like to keep everything and everyone in line... I just want my wife to live here "peacefully" with me and I will try to do "whatever" it takes to obtain my goal. My Travel Agent told me today to not expect any problems buying her a 1 way ticket from Pi. to Cambodia, even if she is not married to me. I am a resident of both countries and a U.S. citizen wondering why Life has to be so dang complicated. I Love my Wife but not her country. I am Too poor to bring her to my country and Love Cambodia... therefore the saga continues.
Well I hope you are right. None of the people I know have had any problem buying the tickets, Its when they try to go through immigration at Philippine airports that they get turned back. Travel agent will still get his commission., so he cannot be relied on. To save wasting the fares I would have check with immigration first just to make sure
tireswang
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by tireswang »

Mission Accomplished. Only the Airline asked if "we" had $...I laughed and said of course I do, how do you think I got these tickets? No other obstacles appeared, and we are now Living Happily Ever After in The Kingdom.
~
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic