Following the Coronavirus (COVID-19) Outbreak - News and Discussion

Yeah, that place out 'there'. Anything not really Cambodia related should go here.
chiltern
Expatriate
Great Britain

Re: Outbreak of Unidentified Coronavirus In China as New Year Approaches

Post by chiltern »

Big'n wrote: Fri Mar 06, 2020 10:09 am
paparazzi wrote: Fri Mar 06, 2020 5:28 am LINK RE VIRUS STRAINS:

Two separate types of the novel coronavirus — one more aggressive than the other — could be infecting people during the sweeping outbreak, Chinese scientists revealed in a new study.

The preliminary study, conducted by researchers from Peking University’s School of Life Sciences and the Institute Pasteur of Shanghai under the Chinese Academy of Sciences, revealed that the infection has evolved into two major types, designated L and S.
Sorry, but I don't trust ANYTHING coming out of China now! I smell a coverup.
I have the same views of anything comming out of the current US administration
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

TOP NEWS: Ministry of Health Urges Those Who Had Contacts with the Japanese Man Positive of Covid-19 to Seek Health Test; Call 115

06/03/20 12:01
Phnom Penh (FN), Mar. 5 – The Ministry of Health, via Fresh News, has urged those who have been in contact with the Japanese man infected with Covid-19 to urgently seek for health test.

Director of the Communicable Disease Control Department Ly Sovann announced on Thursday that any individuals who had contacts with the Japanese man infected must contact the Ministry of Health's emergency through 115.

According to Ly Sovann, at least 44 in Cambodia had contacts with the Japanese man tested positive with Covid-19 and they will be quarantined for 14 days despite that they are being healthy.
=FRESH NEWS

Unfortunately, they don't give the identity of the Japanese man, or say where he was staying in Siem Reap, or where he might have visited and who may have been in contact with him.
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
Duncan
Sir Duncan

Post by Duncan »

Duncan wrote: Thu Mar 05, 2020 9:37 am Anyone have any idea of what the Chinese are spraying around in the streets etc to kill this virus or what product is used to sterilize items like handrails on escalators and items in public places and homes.
No answers. So here is my solution.

$ 6.65 at TH Supermarket
Cambodia,,,, Don't fall in love with her.
Like the spoilt child she is, she will not be happy till she destroys herself from within and breaks your heart.
DaveG
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by DaveG »

^^^

O in C..............

Looks like I will have to contact Mystic Meg re this one........

I saw a couple of people that looked Japanese in Angkor Market buying eggs..............Does that count !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

The case of three Chinese nationals living in Sen Sok district are not cases of Covid-19, say Phnom Penh authorities
(March 06, 2020 10:24 am)
(Phnom Penh): Phnom Penh Municipal Spokesman, Met Meas Pheakdey, has informed the public via media that three Chinese men living in a Borey in Sen Sok do not have the coronavirus disease.

Phnom Penh Municipal Governor Khuong Sreng ordered Sen Mony Municipality and health officials, as well as local authorities, to inspect the homes of three Chinese nationals.

After questioning, the experts concluded that there was no connection to Covid-19, and the team recommended the above three Chinese to be hygienic when meeting their friends. However, these three Chinese men, who come from the disease area in China, have symptoms such as a cough, runny nose, 38 °fever, and shortness of breath.
Mr. Meas Pheakdey said that in this case, the health department will continue to monitor the three nationals above. Moreover, in relation to the health of the people in Phnom Penh, especially in Covid-19, the governor was very careful and always ready to take action.

City Hall spokesman urges and urges citizens not to believe in unsubstantiated information that could lead to misunderstandings like this and other cases, and please do not continue Distribute unsubstantiated information, which in turn has shocked people.
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
Arget
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Arget »

However, these three Chinese men, who come from the disease area in China, have symptoms such as a cough, runny nose, 38 °fever, and shortness of breath.

Have most of the symptoms but no testing as they have questioned them instead.

"Have you got the virus"
"No"
"Ok no problem"
atst
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by atst »

Looks like they have large bags of rubbish have they bring told to not throw it out?
Carry on nothing to see here good people
I'm standing up, so I must be straight.
What's a poor man do when the blues keep following him around.(Smoking Dynamite)
Freightdog
Expatriate
Ireland

Post by Freightdog »

Duncan wrote: Fri Mar 06, 2020 12:41 pm Image
I’d be curious to know what the Thai measurements/units column indicates for concentration, as there seems little correlation with numbers in relation to % concentration.
5% = 5, 10 or 1 Thai wotsits
But
2.5% = up to 30
Username Taken
Raven
Cambodia

Post by Username Taken »

Freightdog wrote: Fri Mar 06, 2020 3:11 pm
Duncan wrote: Fri Mar 06, 2020 12:41 pm Image
I’d be curious to know what the Thai measurements/units column indicates for concentration, as there seems little correlation with numbers in relation to % concentration.
5% = 5, 10 or 1 Thai wotsits
But
2.5% = up to 30

The first column is the % of dettol mixture. The second column is how long in minutes (to do whatever). The one which says '30' is seconds not minutes.
Hope that helps some. :hattip:
King Keil
Expatriate
Armenia

Post by King Keil »

Arget wrote: Fri Mar 06, 2020 2:56 pm However, these three Chinese men, who come from the disease area in China, have symptoms such as a cough, runny nose, 38 °fever, and shortness of breath.

Have most of the symptoms but no testing as they have questioned them instead.

"Have you got the virus"
"No"
"Ok no problem"
Scarry, they either have absolutely no test kits or they simply don´t care about their people.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic