New 2020 GPX Legend 250cc twin

Have a car, truck, motorcycle, or bicycle you'd like to sell? List it here for free. Heck, you can even buy and sell tuktuks or your pink Scoopy here. Remember, you need a driver's license in Cambodia for cars, trucks, and any motorbike that's over 125cc. And always wear a helmet!
AndyKK
Expatriate
Great Britain

Re: New 2020 GPX Legend 250cc twin

Post by AndyKK »

Yerg wrote: Fri Mar 06, 2020 1:05 am
clutchcargo wrote: Thu Mar 05, 2020 10:17 pm
Roadie wrote: Thu Mar 05, 2020 6:43 pm Gpx has been around a few years now so I think their reliability is ok. If I remember right, Gpx is chinese designed and assembled in Thailand but no idea if that is still the same.
Yeah, the fact that GPX has been around a while gives some confidence unlike Stallion for example. Then again, whilst there are 2 shops (1 as per khmer24 above and another one @GPX Cambodia on FB with a store on Norodom and another one at Aeon 2)..I don't see many actually on the roads. So to my mind resale values could be poor. OTOH good luck getting an equivalent from the main stream brands for under $3k.
I'd be inclined to agree on the resale issues Clutch. I know you thought double discs might be overkill, but on Cambodia roads might make a difference between life and death?? Does it have ABS?

It's an attractive bike, not my personal cup of tea, but certainly looks like it could withstand the daily rigours of Khmer-living.
Twin discs up front seems overkill.. but apt for the weight of the bike, and it may have to stop in a hurry for the buffalo or now the red lights, sorry another thread. Air cooled 4stroke twin, nice retro looks of like they say of the 80s, with a few trick modern parts. Its those parts that make me think do they work! Such has the upside-down forks, do those parts have the quality or are they a little gimmickry, I thought the same with my Honda MSX. No they work well, there not Ohlin's or Showa Products, but the price is not too. I have noticed some manufactured parts from Malaysia are of good quality, more so motorcycle shocks.
I agree with Yerg should handle Cambodia well, but too be honest its not like it will get near the top speed very often, if ever.
Always "hope" but never "expect".
Yerg
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Yerg »

atst wrote: Fri Mar 06, 2020 1:39 am Why worry about resale for the price if you get 4-5 years fun out of it anymore is a bonus and you could give it away
At less than $3k, you've a pretty good point. Kinda "chuckaway" money!!
Clutch Cargo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Clutch Cargo »

Yerg wrote: Fri Mar 06, 2020 1:05 am
clutchcargo wrote: Thu Mar 05, 2020 10:17 pm
Roadie wrote: Thu Mar 05, 2020 6:43 pm Gpx has been around a few years now so I think their reliability is ok. If I remember right, Gpx is chinese designed and assembled in Thailand but no idea if that is still the same.
Yeah, the fact that GPX has been around a while gives some confidence unlike Stallion for example. Then again, whilst there are 2 shops (1 as per khmer24 above and another one @GPX Cambodia on FB with a store on Norodom and another one at Aeon 2)..I don't see many actually on the roads. So to my mind resale values could be poor. OTOH good luck getting an equivalent from the main stream brands for under $3k.
I'd be inclined to agree on the resale issues Clutch. I know you thought double discs might be overkill, but on Cambodia roads might make a difference between life and death?? Does it have ABS?

It's an attractive bike, not my personal cup of tea, but certainly looks like it could withstand the daily rigours of Khmer-living.
Yeah, sure Yerg the more braking power the better for safety..the specs don't mention ABS so have to assume no. I only said that coz I associated double disks with more powerful motos.

I like the look of it...bit of old school mixed with cafe racer. Out of interest, I've always liked the classic style of the Estrella and saw this yesterday https://www.khmer24.com/en/motorcycles/ ... 59375.html Check the price! :shock: Import from Japan..
Clutch Cargo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Clutch Cargo »

Yerg wrote: Fri Mar 06, 2020 3:15 am
atst wrote: Fri Mar 06, 2020 1:39 am Why worry about resale for the price if you get 4-5 years fun out of it anymore is a bonus and you could give it away
At less than $3k, you've a pretty good point. Kinda "chuckaway" money!!
Inclined to agree if kept long enough altho I've seen many Vespas for example over the years, new over $3k and owners try to sell them for $1.5k after only a few years. Khmers don't seem to wanna touch anything exotic so you end up with only barangs as potential buyers.
Clutch Cargo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Clutch Cargo »

AndyKK wrote: Fri Mar 06, 2020 2:06 am I agree with Yerg should handle Cambodia well, but too be honest its not like it will get near the top speed very often, if ever.
Indeed, but let's face it if you're mainly running around town, I would think it's about the look and a bit of fun thrown in with the extra acceleration etc.

That aside, for sheer practicality a scooter is the go with auto, a hook for your shopping bags and less likely to be noticed by the local constabulary :beer3:
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic