Introduce Yourself

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
anticon
Tourist

Re: Introduce Yourself

Post by anticon »

General Mackevili wrote:
kiwiincambodia wrote:Hi all, just joined and thought I would introduce myself. I have been in Cambodia awhile now and thought I would give these for thingies a go.
Glad you signed up, and thanks for introducing yourself.
anticon wrote:... just recently upgraded to another Asian country
Upgraded? Are you trying to insult us or something?

Image JK

Welcome, and glad you're still interested in Cambodia even though you've found yourself some greener pastures.

Thanks man!

upgraded as in no longer in the heady heights of top twenty most corrupt country's.. downgraded tho in the fact my internet here suck way more than digi ever did... (hence week long late reply)

:facepalm:
Knowledge is power arm yourself!
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Post by General Mackevili »

anticon wrote:
upgraded as in no longer in the heady heights of top twenty most corrupt country's.. downgraded tho in the fact my internet here suck way more than digi ever did... (hence week long late reply)

:facepalm:
Ha! Those both sound like downgrades to me.

ImageImage
"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
Joon
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Joon »

In a nutshell: Cambodian, born in France, 34, works in non-profit sector (advocacy), been living in Cambodia since 2003, visited family in France twice, married, a 4-yo son.
Usually friendly, open-minded, and tolerant. Just don't try to test, jest, and banter with me. I have very low tolerance towards people who fail at being smart-asses.
Disclaimer: I don't actually look like my avatar.
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Hey Joon! Glad you found your way over! Catch you again soon.

Welcome, and have fun!

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
Joon
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Joon »

Thanks and sure, General :thumb:
Disclaimer: I don't actually look like my avatar.
UKJ
Expatriate

Post by UKJ »

Hi, good luck with the forum. I'm in the UK, and should be heading to PP this winter. It would be great if you guys kept a grip on keyboard warriors, instead of making the mods lol, and stop them chasing away 9/10 newbies.
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

UKJ wrote:Hi, good luck with the forum. I'm in the UK, and should be heading to PP this winter. It would be great if you guys kept a grip on keyboard warriors, instead of making the mods lol, and stop them chasing away 9/10 newbies.
Ha! Noted, thanks.

Hope to catch up this winter!

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
Garry.Crabtree
Expatriate
Nigeria

Post by Garry.Crabtree »

Greetings all
I'm Garry Crabtree, some of you might know me as a pratt/joker from the "other forum".

Actually, I only make the endless jokes as I personally think that the other forum and its mods, are way too up their own arse. To me, if you cannot laugh at yourself then don't bother opening your mouth.

For those that don't know me, I have been living in Phnom Penh since 1999. I came here as head of a large NGO but have subsequently moved over to the business sector where I have set up and owned about half a dozen for profit businesses.

Now my work involves me travailing all over the world and therefore spend 9-10 months away from Cambodia. That said, this is still my home and is where my (non-Khmer) family is based.

Great idea to set up C.E.O and I'll try to keep my endless prattle to the other site, although I cannot promise that.
According to the proverb: The pun is mightier than the sword
kiwiincambodia
Expatriate
Korea North

Post by kiwiincambodia »

OMG he can actually talk.... :shock: :shock: :shock:

he's not just puns!!!

Shocker of the day.
Milord
Expatriate
Canada

Post by Milord »

Garry.Crabtree wrote:Greetings all
I'm Garry Crabtree, some of you might know me as a pratt/joker from the "other forum".

Actually, I only make the endless jokes as I personally think that the other forum and its mods, are way too up their own arse. To me, if you cannot laugh at yourself then don't bother opening your mouth.

For those that don't know me, I have been living in Phnom Penh since 1999. I came here as head of a large NGO but have subsequently moved over to the business sector where I have set up and owned about half a dozen for profit businesses.

Now my work involves me travailing all over the world and therefore spend 9-10 months away from Cambodia. That said, this is still my home and is where my (non-Khmer) family is based.

Great idea to set up C.E.O and I'll try to keep my endless prattle to the other site, although I cannot promise that.
GC, please continue. I've enjoyed you're puns for a while now. '...up their own arse..." is putting it politely! :lol:
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic