Top 10 things to see and do in Phu Quoc

Do you have a Cambodian trip report you want to share? Post it here, and feel free to link to your blog if it's a travel blog for Cambodia, South East Asia, or anywhere really. You can ask and answer questions about travel advice in Cambodia or just share your pictures and videos with us. Most people who live in or visit Cambodia have also checked out nearby countries like Vietnam, Thailand, Laos, Myanmar, Malaysia, Indonesia and the Philippines, and you can get to most of these countries by traveling overland, so put any travel plans, reviews or questions here. Discussions about dirt bike trails in here as well.
Fourkinnel
Expatriate
Tonga

Re: Top 10 things to see and do in Phu Quoc

Post by Fourkinnel »

phuketrichard wrote: Sun Feb 23, 2020 8:26 am Are there mostly foreign tourists, Chinese, (well before corona) or rich Viets?
Prices;
good hotel for ?
seafood meal?
beers?

I am getting tired of just visiting places i know
I just done it on my old scooter. The only one I saw with Cambodia plates yet its only 3 hours from Kampot inc ferry. 220k dong for me and 180k for moto. Plenty of place renting moto's. Fast ferry just over 1 hour. Lots of deals on some resorts right now as tourist number are down. I got a nice clean bungalow, huge bed, Flat screen, safe box, AC on a resort with pool and great free buffet breakfast for 450k or around $20 a night. Cable car is a must do and worth every dong! Take swim wear as there's a water park and nice beach at the end of the cable stop. Great beaches all over the island and not crowded. Roads are better cond than the rest of Vietnam.
Downside is it was a little overpriced for food and drink. Seafood meals were everywhere but not cheap. $11 for a hamburger and few frys in one place. But look around the night market some good eateries, better priced seafood and beer back from 30k to 17. Try the craft beer made there named Kinh.
And it was mostly Russians, every sign has Russian language but I found no bother from this.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

so you took ur own bike? wasit a car ferry? NO problems at customs?
did you need a visa for Vietnam?
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
Fourkinnel
Expatriate
Tonga

Post by Fourkinnel »

phuketrichard wrote: Wed Mar 04, 2020 3:55 pm so you took ur own bike? wasit a car ferry? NO problems at customs?
did you need a visa for Vietnam?
Me being a Brit got a 15 day free visa. Had to wait a month from the last visit.
Yes own moto, not in my name but took ID card, never asked to show. Its an old scooter. Theres the normal car ferry takes a few hours and the more expensive faster Superdong ferry. I think there are several different co's doing this. Only around 8 moto's can be transported on fast craft. They literally wheel them up onto a dodgy plank and onto deck. Best to have a day in Hatien and book for the next day whichever ferry you decide. Have a ride out to Mui Nai beach. Oasis has moved 3km away, check for location on their website. Both ferry terminals are over the river bridge, superdong turn left after bridge, car ferry turn right. It's difficult to get away from those damn bird houses in Hatien, many places with constant noisey cds of birds . You might get used to it but not right next to your hotel balcony. I found the Gia Phuc, just tucked away but you can see the river. 250k night well worth it!, Keep the moto inside the lobby.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic