Global Effects of the COVID-19 Virus (Coronavirus)

Yeah, that place out 'there'. Anything not really Cambodia related should go here.
Clemen
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Global Effects of the COVID-19 Virus (Coronavirus)

Post by Clemen »

Corona Beer Still Struggling With Confused Consumers Amid Coronavirus Fears
"A recent phone survey of 737 Americans (note: a fairly small sample size), conducted by 5W Public Relations, found that 38 percent of respondents said that “would not buy Corona under any circumstances now"
The article does not distinguish whether that's because of stupidity, or just because it's shitty beer though. The implication is stupidity of course.

Full: https://www.eater.com/2020/2/28/2115759 ... -continues
up to you...
Freightdog
Expatriate
Ireland

Post by Freightdog »

clutchcargo wrote: Mon Mar 02, 2020 9:52 pm
Duncan wrote: Mon Mar 02, 2020 10:21 am Well that's It. I have decided I'm not going to Perth or Adelaide if I cannot buy toilet paper.

In Western Australia’s capital city of Perth, a Coles supermarket in Claremont – west of the city – had been cleaned out, with photos showing a bleak snacks section and an empty toilet paper aisle.

Meanwhile in Adelaide, images showed huge queues inside Costco and pallets emptied of toilet paper, which is usually available to buy in bulk at the retailer.
There you go, wouldn't be an issue if they had bum guns..just wet patches on ur shorts :stir:
No paper over there, and dropping water pressure over here...

We’re doomed!
Clutch Cargo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Clutch Cargo »

CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

South Korea sect leader asks for forgiveness over coronavirus surge
Guardian news
•2 Mar 2020

Lee Man-hee, the reclusive founder of the Shincheonji Church at the centre of South Korea's coronavirus outbreak, has apologised over the virus's spread. The church became the target of public anger after one of its members, known as Patient 31, tested positive for the virus and infected many others. Lee said the church had tried to prevent the spread of the virus among its members. He spoke a day after the Seoul city government asked prosecutors to begin a murder investigation into him.
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

Fits in with what i posted about my friends daughter in Beijing. 1984
China used locational and other data from hundreds of millions of smartphones to contain the spread of Covid-19, according to Chinese sources familiar with the program.

In addition to draconian quarantine procedures, which kept more than 150 million Chinese in place at the February peak of the coronavirus epidemic, China used sophisticated computational methods on a scale never attempted in the West.

Chinese government algorithms can estimate the probability that a given neighborhood or even an individual has exposure to Covid-19 by matching the location of smartphones to known locations of infected individuals or groups. The authorities use this information to use limited medical resources more efficiently by, for example, directing tests for the virus to high-risk subjects identified by the artificial intelligence algorithm.

All smartphones with enabled GPS give telecom providers a precise record of the user’s itinerary. Smartphone users in the United States and Europe can access their own data, but privacy laws prevent the government from collecting this data. China has no such privacy constraints, and telecom providers have used locational data for years for advertising.
https://asiatimes.com/2020/03/china-sup ... d7ff190aa4
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
Cowshed Cowboy
Expatriate
Thailand

Post by Cowshed Cowboy »

Flybe regional airline in the UK has gone into administration, sign of things to come I fear.
Yes sir, I can boogie, I can boogie, boogie, boogie all night long.
hunter8
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by hunter8 »

phuketrichard wrote: Wed Mar 04, 2020 8:34 pm All smartphones with enabled GPS give telecom providers a precise record of the user’s itinerary. Smartphone users in the United States and Europe can access their own data, but privacy laws prevent the government from collecting this data. China has no such privacy constraints, and telecom providers have used locational data for years for advertising.
[/quote]

Who doesn’t turn off GPS location tracking by default, i wonder. Apart from privacy concerns (which may be insignificant to some), it’s a big drain on the battery life.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

hunter8 wrote: Thu Mar 05, 2020 10:30 am
phuketrichard wrote: Wed Mar 04, 2020 8:34 pm All smartphones with enabled GPS give telecom providers a precise record of the user’s itinerary. Smartphone users in the United States and Europe can access their own data, but privacy laws prevent the government from collecting this data. China has no such privacy constraints, and telecom providers have used locational data for years for advertising.
Who doesn’t turn off GPS location tracking by default, i wonder. Apart from privacy concerns (which may be insignificant to some), it’s a big drain on the battery life.
If ur phone is ON, it can be tracked.
dont ya watch tv???
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
hunter8
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by hunter8 »

phuketrichard wrote: Thu Mar 05, 2020 10:44 am
If ur phone is ON, it can be tracked.
dont ya watch tv???
Nah. There are two kinds of tracking. GPS is precise as in down to a few meters and it can be turned off. Tracking by cell towers is approximate, that one is always on when you have a sim card. Turning off GPS tracking by default helps save on battery life if privacy is not a concern. Some apps may require GPS tracking to work but most don’t.
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Kammekor »

[/quote]

In the US and Europa it'll probably take a days to pass laws to provide the government access to this location data from providers if shit really hits the fan.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic