Traveling in Times of Coronavirus

Do you have a Cambodian trip report you want to share? Post it here, and feel free to link to your blog if it's a travel blog for Cambodia, South East Asia, or anywhere really. You can ask and answer questions about travel advice in Cambodia or just share your pictures and videos with us. Most people who live in or visit Cambodia have also checked out nearby countries like Vietnam, Thailand, Laos, Myanmar, Malaysia, Indonesia and the Philippines, and you can get to most of these countries by traveling overland, so put any travel plans, reviews or questions here. Discussions about dirt bike trails in here as well.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Re: Traveling in Times of Coronavirus

Post by phuketrichard »

ur late to the party LOL

topic36476.html
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
atst
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by atst »

Thanks but not exactly late if traveling from outside these restricted countries your still exposing yourself while walking through the airports , your supposed to isolate oneself if come in close contact with someone suspected of the virus HOW WOULD YOU KNOW, just being at an airport your at risk
It's a giant fuckup by our leaders
I'm standing up, so I must be straight.
What's a poor man do when the blues keep following him around.(Smoking Dynamite)
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Post by Anchor Moy »

atst wrote: Wed Mar 04, 2020 3:37 pm What exactly is isolating oneself , staying in hotel getting takeaways?
Exactly. And how are you supposed to get to the hotel without contaminating anyone ? :unknown:
Cowshed Cowboy
Expatriate
Thailand

Post by Cowshed Cowboy »

phuketrichard wrote: Wed Mar 04, 2020 3:56 pm ur late to the party LOL

topic36476.html
Apparently not, another howler from Anutin. This guy really needs to be sacked. :facepalm:
Yes sir, I can boogie, I can boogie, boogie, boogie all night long.
ExPenhMan
Expatriate
Canada

Post by ExPenhMan »

I arrived at Saigon Airport yesterday from Bangkok. Other than the passport control and security check (lots of idle officers), there's never anyone near you because Bangkok and Saigon airports were almost empty. The smoking areas outside BKK Airport were largely empty. After speedy check-in (I was only one in the roped off lineup less than 2 hours before flight), I went back out for a ciggie. One other guy was in the smoking area of Door 7.

All the duty frees at Bangkok had no more than one or two customers, and most were empty. Out at Gate D7, there were NO other passengers at the other gates as far as the eye could see, except my half-empty VN Airlines plane load.

Arriving at passport control at SGN, there was NOT a single passenger from another plane. The entire check area was empty at noon hour and, believe it or not, no immigration officers. They came out maybe a minute or two late. No one except us on the luggage floor.

Taxi drivers outside were leaning against their cars right at the front of the proposed passenger lineup. No customers. Normally, it's like a conveyor belt. Leaving SGN airport in my taxi, the normally jammed roads were utterly empty.

I'd say traveller flows were down to 15-20%, and I'm being generous. It was an eerie feeling.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

You're traveling ? Check this out before you go, and contact the embassy of the country that you are traveling to if you have any doubts. The restricted countries are random, although they all have confirmed cases of COVID-19, so do check before you buy your ticket.
Some countries will refuse you entry if you have TRANSITED through Thailand, Singapore, and Malaysia , for example.

Travel restrictions - country by country with regular updates:
CORONAVIRUS OUTBREAK IN CHINA (PEOPLE'S REP.) - UPDATE 03.03.2020
https://www.iatatravelcentre.com/intern ... 226297.htm
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
Cowshed Cowboy
Expatriate
Thailand

Post by Cowshed Cowboy »

Thanks for the update ExPenhMan :thumb: Were you flying from Don Muang or Swampy?

In a way from your experience there is a better case that if you're travelling to a minor affected country now its probably a more enjoyable experience than before this situation started.
Yes sir, I can boogie, I can boogie, boogie, boogie all night long.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

March 2, 2020 / 7:07 PM / a day ago
Coronavirus spreading fast outside China, airports to increase screenings
Stephanie Nebehay, Se Young Lee
5 Min Read

GENEVA/BEIJING (Reuters) - The new coronavirus appears to now be spreading much more rapidly outside China than within, and airports in hard-hit countries were ramping up screening of travelers.

World Health Organization (WHO) chief Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus said almost eight times as many cases had been reported outside China as inside in the previous 24 hours, adding that the risk of coronavirus spreading was now very high at a global level.

At a briefing in Geneva, he said outbreaks in South Korea, Italy, Iran and Japan were the greatest concern, but that there was evidence that close surveillance was working in South Korea, the worst affected country outside China, and the epidemic could be contained there.

U.S. Vice President Mike Pence said that within 12 hours, airports across South Korea and Italy will screen all travelers for coronavirus. Pence, who has been put in charge of the U.S. response to the outbreak, also said U.S. travel restrictions may expand.
https://www.reuters.com/article/us-heal ... SKBN20P1LO
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
atst
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by atst »

The New Zealand government has put out a document on self isolation but I don't know how to upload the pdf
After reading it its not much of an isolated basically try keep few meters away from people and restrict close contact to less than 15 minutes, honestly I don't think governments have a clue what to do
I'm standing up, so I must be straight.
What's a poor man do when the blues keep following him around.(Smoking Dynamite)
ExPenhMan
Expatriate
Canada

Post by ExPenhMan »

Cowshed Cowboy wrote: Wed Mar 04, 2020 8:40 pm Thanks for the update ExPenhMan :thumb: Were you flying from Don Muang or Swampy?

In a way from your experience there is a better case that if you're travelling to a minor affected country now its probably a more enjoyable experience than before this situation started.
Flying from Swampy. I will not use Don Mueang unless forced to. Although, these days, few if any Chinese there to upset the airport equilibrium. Or anywhere else for that matter.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic