Sexual health clinics in Phnom Penh?

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
rozzieoz
Expatriate
Australia

Re: Sexual health clinics in Phnom Penh?

Post by rozzieoz »

John Bingham wrote:You should gouge Tiger Balm into your knob with a bottle top. I know a lot of people joke about Tiger Balm but the science behind it is solid. If you can poke enough Tiger Balm down your Jap's Eye this will prevent 75% of disease. Definitely worth trying with those kind of statistics.
Are you speaking from experience JB?
Once you've read the dictionary, every other book is just a remix.
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Post by Anchor Moy »

Spigzy wrote: Sun Mar 01, 2020 3:54 pm
MidlandsExpat1 wrote: Sun Mar 01, 2020 3:20 pm Hi all,

Had an issue of a rubber splitting on me last night, and I'm panicky about the STI's etc. She wasn't a working girl, but seemed a bit ropey.

Does anyone know where the cheapest clinic is in Phnom Penh that offers PEP to stop HIV risk? Any open on a Sunday or in the evenings ideally.

Cheers!
You probably want to worry more about something else emerging in 9 months surely?
Daddy! :OD:
jah steu
Expatriate
Australia

Post by jah steu »

There was a previous thread about where to get PEP locally and the cost of it. Needs to be taken within 72 hours of suspected infection.
Do a quick search. I think it was quite expensive.
It is a combination of antiretroviral drugs specifically targeting HIV. Not sure why other posters are harping on about antibiotics.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sent from embedded sub-cutaneous iPhone 9 using Tapatalk.
Marty
BANNED
Canada

Post by Marty »

Anchor Moy wrote: Mon Mar 02, 2020 7:19 am
Spigzy wrote: Sun Mar 01, 2020 3:54 pm
MidlandsExpat1 wrote: Sun Mar 01, 2020 3:20 pm Hi all,

Had an issue of a rubber splitting on me last night, and I'm panicky about the STI's etc. She wasn't a working girl, but seemed a bit ropey.

Does anyone know where the cheapest clinic is in Phnom Penh that offers PEP to stop HIV risk? Any open on a Sunday or in the evenings ideally.

Cheers!
You probably want to worry more about something else emerging in 9 months surely?
Daddy! :OD:
Or hope for something else emerging in 9 months depending on your thought patterns.
Yerg
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Yerg »

Marie Stopes clinic is very good and inexpensive. It's on FB and Google.
pczz
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by pczz »

jah steu wrote: Tue Mar 03, 2020 1:36 am There was a previous thread about where to get PEP locally and the cost of it. Needs to be taken within 72 hours of suspected infection.
Do a quick search. I think it was quite expensive.
It is a combination of antiretroviral drugs specifically targeting HIV. Not sure why other posters are harping on about antibiotics.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The normal prophylactic that you can get is a massive does of 2 or 3 antibiotics to counter gonhorreah, syphilis and other STI and may or may not include retroviral agents to combat AIDS/HIV. Unless the medicines conserned have changed they result in several hours of shitting and puking generally as a reaction to the medicine, which of course means they are quite likely innefective. This "cure" has been readily available in Thailand for many years, certainly in the pattaya area before retrovirals for HIV were available.
My GP in the uk said the only one that is known to work is the HIV retroviral. there is no evidence that the others have any effect. In fact he says they may be totlaly useless because most antibiotics for most infections require a course of 3-10 days and a single dose of anystrength is unlikely to eradicate the infection. Furthermore he said that one reason so many tourists manage to avoid gonorrhea is that they are prescrived doxycycline for malaria at 100mg. Years ago doxcycline at 200mg day was used to treat gonnorhea and other STI. it is a very old antibiotic. His guess was that some STI may have lost thier immunity to doxy as it has not been used or years, therefore the smaller dose taken for malaria may be knocking it out before it can get up to speed.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic