PHN/SR Job Search: Education & BD Professional

This is our job board for expats. Until ZipRecruiter and Indeed make their way to the Kingdom of Wonder, this is the best place to look for employment in Cambodia, whether you're looking to teach English, manage a 5-star hotel, volunteer, or even work for some of the big NGOs. Even digital nomads who move to Cambodia sometimes need a side gig as a TEFL instructor from time to time. Most professional expatriate jobs are in Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap and Kampot are emerging as attractive alternatives. If you're an employer or hiring manager, you're also welcome to post your job listing here for free.
JCambo
Tourist
Great Britain

PHN/SR Job Search: Education & BD Professional

Post by JCambo »

Im a a 26 year old, British National currently on a tourist Visa, residing in Siem Reap with a primary focus on finding full-time employment in Cambodia work here, or alternatively Phnom Penh.

Honestly at this point I’m trying to gauge the Cambodian job market. Id like to know what the existing Expat community think of current and future career prospects with the below background in mind, hopefully get some pointers and to see what/if opportunities present themselves.

I currently live and work in Shanghai, China; as a BD & Marketing manager for an Education recruitment company organizing and hosting Education job fairs in Shanghai, Shenzhen, Guangzhou, Chengdu and Beijing for international schools and foreign teachers.

Then I came to Cambodia on holiday in early January from China, before the Coronavirus outbreak kicked off which I’ve taken as a blessing in disguise as it has become an extended holiday! During this time, I have grown very fond of the lifestyle, the warmth, the food, the people, that represent the Khmer culture.

Siem Reap, from what I’ve seen, NGOs, Hospitality and Education are the cream of the crop for expats’ work prospects.

Phnom Penh, as the cultural and economical culture has higher paid Education roles across the board and more opportunity in administrative/corporate roles.

I believe Real Estate would be a big market in Phnom Penh, in the future, and would definitely consider entering this industry. I have strong inter-personal, relationship building, customer-service, sales and negotiation skills which would give me an edge in this customer-facing role.

I’ve worked with some of the top international schools in China to help them recruit foreign talent and I will always continue work in education, even just part-time or online as a tutor as I thoroughly enjoy the art of educating, as well as empowering others to find their next career move through the job fairs I’ve worked extensively on the last 8-9 months.

Before my current role I worked as an English Teacher for 1 year, at an English training center (EF) for children 3-16 years old in Shanghai.

Before I moved out to China, I did my business internship in Singapore then I spent 3 years working in corporate Fintech/Banking in the UK, in the BACS payments and direct debit industry.

I hold a BSC in Biology, a 120 hour hybrid online & in-class TEFL, some TKT training, and I also work part-time as an English tutor and actor for douyin/tiktok videos.

I’m currently studying Khmer and Chinese in my free time.

I have a UK driving license and would be happy to get licensed in Cambodia.

Considering I am currently in Siem Reap which I’m very fond of (and where the Job market here in line with my experience is in Education) would anyone be able to assist me with the below queries?

Is it possible for me to work with one of the local international schools/kindergartens here in Siem Reap?

What is the market like for part-time vs full-time education jobs here + expected qualification/experience across the board?

When are the local International Schools looking to hire? I.e recruitment cycles, job fairs, on- boarding dates.

I read on one of the forums here that the best way to find a job here is to sort of ” pound the pavement”, and that walk-ins and CV hand-ins are welcome here? Is this true?

Appreciate this is quite long-winded post, thank you for taking the time to read and consider.

If you do have an opportunity you would like to reach-our to me on you can also contact me via email or LinkedIn which I can provide on request. :beer:

អរគុណ​ច្រើន! 🙏🏼

Sincerely
JC