“I am a bad English teacher”

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
newkidontheblock
Expatriate

Re: “I am a bad English teacher”

Post by newkidontheblock »

She went to administration. Before she was afraid he might get disciplined or fired if someone complained too much. Now she’s worried that he might physically harm her.

Administration told her to write an essay of why she need to transfer to another class.

Also she was getting tired of all the students around her that kept asking her ‘what did he say’, ‘what did he mean’. Of course it’s all in her head, he is an excellent teacher, just like others have alluded to.

She’s also joining public speaking to improve her speaking skills. Less hassle free option than going to expat bars and events to practice.

Yerg
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Yerg »

newkidontheblock wrote: Mon Mar 02, 2020 1:11 am She went to administration. Before she was afraid he might get disciplined or fired if someone complained too much. Now she’s worried that he might physically harm her.

Administration told her to write an essay of why she need to transfer to another class.

Also she was getting tired of all the students around her that kept asking her ‘what did he say’, ‘what did he mean’. Of course it’s all in her head, he is an excellent teacher, just like others have alluded to.

She’s also joining public speaking to improve her speaking skills. Less hassle free option than going to expat bars and events to practice.

Wait. What???

Okay, I'm gonna precis this one a little. SWMBO went to complain. Worried that after complaint (shit) teacher might get disciplined or fired? Same shit teacher that she said was shit (in not so many words) and the same teacher she pulled up in lessons for being a shit teacher??? Now he's gonna stab her in the neck because she complained and he might get disciplined or fired. Am I following so far??

Moreover, the "admin department", asked her to write an essay why she should transfer to another class? The teacher didn't ask her to write an essay ever, but did fail her for not capitalising her answers on a test(?), but admin did ask her to write an essay, because it might help with her English study?? Am I still following?

SWMBO also tired of other students (because of her superior English skills?) to repeat shit teacher's shit lessons, because they couldn't understand the shit teacher? Am I still following??

SWMBO is also attending group sessions (not in a lady bar, sorry, I meant barang bar), because that's where she is going to improve her English. Have I followed this all correctly??

Yeah, okay. I have a million questions. And the first one is "what in the actual fuck???"
TeachingForPeanuts
Expatriate

Post by TeachingForPeanuts »

newkidontheblock wrote: Mon Mar 02, 2020 1:11 am She went to administration. Before she was afraid he might get disciplined or fired if someone complained too much. Now she’s worried that he might physically harm her.
What? Why would she say she feared he would physically harm her? Is there any basis for that?

Perhaps she's just telling you that to manipulate you. She doesn't want to keep going to the class you paid for, so she tells you the teacher may be an axe murderer.
Kohker
BANNED
Austria

Post by Kohker »

""Now she’s worried that he might physically harm her.""

Poor NKOTB he doesn't understand she's playing rice farmer games.
angsta
Expatriate
Congo

Post by angsta »

Played like a cheap guitar.
AinC reels off an eloquent and thought provoking monologue adlib
Bedazzler!
Expatriate

Post by Bedazzler! »

He's out of the country and she's going to expat bars to practice English speaking? Oh dear. :BangHead:
rozzieoz
Expatriate
Australia

Post by rozzieoz »

NKOTB I am really sorry to say, but she is playing you.
Once you've read the dictionary, every other book is just a remix.
Freightdog
Expatriate
Ireland

Post by Freightdog »

newkidontheblock wrote: Mon Mar 02, 2020 1:11 am She went to administration. Before she was afraid he might get disciplined or fired if someone complained too much.
Surely, the whole point would be some administration/discipline process?
Otherwise, it’s a pointless exercise in raising any complaints.
Cowshed Cowboy
Expatriate
Thailand

Post by Cowshed Cowboy »

He's just trolling, simple as that.
Yes sir, I can boogie, I can boogie, boogie, boogie all night long.
Captain Bonez
Baked
Nigeria

Post by Captain Bonez »

Cowshed Cowboy wrote: Mon Mar 02, 2020 10:30 am He's just trolling, simple as that.
I seriously hope so, otherwise it's scary how much of a putz he is
If you enjoy noise pollution and obnoxious driving practices, Phnom Penh is the place for you!

This.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic