Sexual health clinics in Phnom Penh?

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
MidlandsExpat1
Tourist

Post by MidlandsExpat1 »

Hi all,

Had an issue of a rubber splitting on me last night, and I'm panicky about the STI's etc. She wasn't a working girl, but seemed a bit ropey.

Does anyone know where the cheapest clinic is in Phnom Penh that offers PEP to stop HIV risk? Any open on a Sunday or in the evenings ideally.

Cheers!
rozzieoz
Expatriate
Australia

Post by rozzieoz »

I always use Calmette for STD checks - they aren’t cheap but seem to have a good reputation.
Once you've read the dictionary, every other book is just a remix.
Spigzy
Expatriate
Great Britain

Re: Sexual health clinics in Phnom Penh?

Post by Spigzy »

MidlandsExpat1 wrote: Sun Mar 01, 2020 3:20 pm Hi all,

Had an issue of a rubber splitting on me last night, and I'm panicky about the STI's etc. She wasn't a working girl, but seemed a bit ropey.

Does anyone know where the cheapest clinic is in Phnom Penh that offers PEP to stop HIV risk? Any open on a Sunday or in the evenings ideally.

Cheers!
You probably want to worry more about something else emerging in 9 months surely?
Meum est propositum in taberna mori,
ut sint Guinness proxima morientis ori.
tunc cantabunt letius angelorum chori:
"Sit Deus propitius huic potatori."
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Kammekor »

Try Rihac, or just go to a large pharmacy and try your luck. Don't waste any money on tests at this time.
Brody
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Brody »

Dr. Gavin Scott, a British General Practitioner, with his Traveller's Medical Clinic at #88, Street 108 (Alongside the Phnom Penh Night Market) and his receptionists HP number is 023 306802
and his personal mobile is: 012 898981 or 015 912100

A quick cheeky aside OP, if I may,

is your username to be read, midland sexpat1 or midlands expat1? :mrgreen:
pczz
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by pczz »

Cheers!
Do not go right away. most STI have an incubation period and you could well test negative if yo go to early. Idealyy you should wait unitl you have symptoms or a week at least, and retest after a month if it was negative. When you contract an infection or a virus it takes some time for it to reach the point where it can be detected. Depends on the individual STI and the testing method.
MidlandsExpat1
Tourist

Post by MidlandsExpat1 »

pczz wrote: Sun Mar 01, 2020 4:32 pm

Cheers!
Do not go right away. most STI have an incubation period and you could well test negative if yo go to early. Idealyy you should wait unitl you have symptoms or a week at least, and retest after a month if it was negative. When you contract an infection or a virus it takes some time for it to reach the point where it can be detected. Depends on the individual STI and the testing method.
I'm not looking for tests as such, just a referral for the post-exposure prophylaxis tablets that I've read are fairly (not completely) reliable.

Probably panicking over nothing, but I'd sooner pay for them than 4 weeks of worry.
pczz
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by pczz »

MidlandsExpat1 wrote: Sun Mar 01, 2020 5:54 pm
pczz wrote: Sun Mar 01, 2020 4:32 pm

Cheers!
I'm not looking for tests as such, just a referral for the post-exposure prophylaxis tablets that I've read are fairly (not completely) reliable.

Probably panicking over nothing, but I'd sooner pay for them than 4 weeks of worry.
The prophylaxics are basically abig dose of various antibiotics to kill off the virus/bacteria before thye have multiplied enough to prestn a threat. Some also include retrovirals to try and eradictae aids, again before it can mulitply. the quaity of the medicine is dubious in Asia and in most cases they need to be taken within 24 hours to have full effect, and even then the outcome is dubious. You might protect yourself, you might not, but anyone you have sexula contact with will still be at risk, so you should still refrain from sexual activity and until you have tested clear after 2 weeks nd again after a month. BTW the prophylactics you are liley to get here will make you very sick as thye are massive doses of antibiotics
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

You should gouge Tiger Balm into your knob with a bottle top. I know a lot of people joke about Tiger Balm but the science behind it is solid. If you can poke enough Tiger Balm down your Jap's Eye this will prevent 75% of disease. Definitely worth trying with those kind of statistics.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
Mishmash
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Mishmash »

John Bingham wrote: Sun Mar 01, 2020 11:57 pm You should gouge Tiger Balm into your knob with a bottle top. I know a lot of people joke about Tiger Balm but the science behind it is solid. If you can poke enough Tiger Balm down your Jap's Eye this will prevent 75% of disease. Definitely worth trying with those kind of statistics.
Fookin ell JB... :thumb:
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic