Traffic Rules

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
Yerg
Expatriate
Great Britain

Re: Traffic Rules

Post by Yerg »

SternAAlbifrons wrote: Sun Mar 01, 2020 3:52 am
newkidontheblock wrote: Sun Mar 01, 2020 3:46 am And so what happens to the poor officer who stops the ‘wrong’ car or moto?
Don't worry, Nuke
they never do that
something in the Khmer genes makes it impossible, apparently
They could, of course, have a junior officer complain that a senior officer isn't doing their job properly, and see how that pans out... Perhaps the junior officer could school the senior officer on how they should do their job? Apparently, that seems to work in the school system!!
pczz
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by pczz »

Nothing will change until all vehicles have number pates, all traffic lights have number plate recognition cameras and there is a postal system for fines to be sen tout by computer like in the banana repuiblic of boris (aka uk). Even then some Cambiodian will work out a way to bribe the computer!
TBF I have seen police stopping people for going the wrongway on st51 and 63 a few times this year, and a road block on 51 at around 11.30 pm
fazur
Expatriate
Norway

Post by fazur »

the point is if it was not like this, could we live here?
Brody
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Brody »

DaveG wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 7:48 pm Image

Brody
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Brody »

Mishmash wrote: Sun Mar 01, 2020 12:02 am The mods are asleep so its a 'free for all' thread :beer3:
Now that you mention it, here's a pic of Username Taken during a mod shift :mrgreen:

UT cops Z's whilst CEO burns

Electric Earth
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Electric Earth »

DaveG wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 7:27 pm And this fuckin bollox about ignoring lights because turning right is exactly that BOLLOX
Right on red is logical, keeps traffic moving more efficiently, saves gas and is more environmentally friendly, posses little risk, etc, etc. Right on red is great.
pczz wrote: Sun Mar 01, 2020 8:26 am Nothing will change until all vehicles have number pates, all traffic lights have number plate recognition cameras
I never did understand how the Brit's government managed to convince them that it's for their own good to be under constant video surveillance...
Do you think the parents of baby boomers whined so much when the boomers started changing society? And yet the whiney ones like to call young people "snowflakes." Hmm...
Marty
BANNED
Canada

Post by Marty »

fazur wrote: Mon Mar 02, 2020 5:07 pm the point is if it was not like this, could we live here?
Good point, who the hell would want to live in Switzerland? Bank there Yes. Live there No.
Yerg
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Yerg »

Electric Earth wrote: Mon Mar 02, 2020 11:14 pm
DaveG wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 7:27 pm And this fuckin bollox about ignoring lights because turning right is exactly that BOLLOX
Right on red is logical, keeps traffic moving more efficiently, saves gas and is more environmentally friendly, posses little risk, etc, etc. Right on red is great.
pczz wrote: Sun Mar 01, 2020 8:26 am Nothing will change until all vehicles have number pates, all traffic lights have number plate recognition cameras
I never did understand how the Brit's government managed to convince them that it's for their own good to be under constant video surveillance...
Would you be worried about surveillance if you had something to hide or be guilty about? It doesn't bother me in the slightest. They can watch me all they like. If I am doing nothing wrong, why be worried? I'm no tin-hatter and could care less that video cameras track everything I do. I'd be more worried about what cellphone carriers can see what I'm up to than whether a camera records me taking a leak in an alley.
Marty
BANNED
Canada

Post by Marty »

They can charge you for a sex crime in the US. Thats as retarded as putting people in prison for weed.
pczz
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by pczz »

Electric Earth wrote: Mon Mar 02, 2020 11:14 pm
Sadly britain is still afeudal society and the majority have been brainwashed to believe only prickls born with silver spoons in their mouths and who attend public schools with weird rituals are able to lead the country. the british working class almost willinglt let themselves be triusered like subs allow doms to poiss on them :-(
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic