Elderly British Man Collapsed and Died on Phnom Penh Street

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Elderly British Man Collapsed and Died on Phnom Penh Street

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

Cambodia Breaking News,(Phnom Penh): An unidentified foreign man, aged about 70, believed to be of British nationality, collapsed on the pavement on the corner of Streets 19 and 178, near Art Center in Daun Penh District, Phnom Penh at 8:10pm on 27 February 2020.
According to a tuk-tuk driver who was at the scene, the man walked back and forth several times before collapsing. People attempted to help him, and somebody called the police. After an examination, police confirmed that the man was deceased and that he had died of a heart attack.
The authorities took the body to be placed at Wat Teuk Thla Pagoda to wait for relatives to be notified.
RIP and condolences to the family.

More images from the scene in the Darknet Cambodia News section.
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
chiltern
Expatriate
Great Britain

Re: Elderly Western Man Collapsed and Died on Phnom Penh Street

Post by chiltern »

I'm 70 and dont consider myself elderly but still in my prime
Soriya
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Soriya »

chiltern wrote: Fri Feb 28, 2020 3:29 pm I'm 70 and dont consider myself elderly but still in my prime
He was 85
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

ImageFacebook
The deceased has been identified as British national NIGEL ASLETT BOATMAN, aged 84. From his postings on social media, he appears to have been a deeply religious man. RIP.
Nigel A Boatman
23 January

As we go forward into this year I am reminded by John the Apostle " ...because as He (Jesus ) is in the world, so are we." 1 Jn 4:17 To be like Christ Jesus in this world.
Paul writes: " Therefore be imitators of God" Eph 5:1
Earlier in reading from Isaiah 61:1-3 was prompted to note what Christ was anointed to do and which we can follow:
To preach the good news
To heal the broken hearted
To bring liberty to captives and to those who are bound
and more!
May we do this with His love in us and for the building the kingdom of God. For His glory, and so many blessings to those we minister to.
Shalom
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
pczz
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by pczz »

chiltern wrote: Fri Feb 28, 2020 3:29 pm I'm 70 and dont consider myself elderly but still in my prime
Lucky you. i am 62 and need a new body :-(
Duncan
Sir Duncan

Post by Duncan »

You are old and past your prime. Get over it or ask any teenager for their opinion

If your 70 , did you know you qualify for free travel on PP City Bus Service. Just tell the driver [ speaking Khmer ] 70 year old, as you get on the bus.
Cambodia,,,, Don't fall in love with her.
Like the spoilt child she is, she will not be happy till she destroys herself from within and breaks your heart.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic