Urgent visa run to Thailand!!!!!

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
AndyKK
Expatriate
Great Britain

Re: Urgent visa run to Thailand!!!!!

Post by AndyKK »

Sweet Lemon wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 10:47 pm
Anchor Moy wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 10:28 pm
Mishmash wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 7:26 pm All the Cheap Charlies and Cheats annoying old Mish.

The law is as clear as can be and @PSD-Kiwi makes even clearer.

We can help people to a certain extent but Cambodia dearly desires to attract a better class of people who respect her laws and can contribute fairly to the economy.

I personally am tired of people looking to cheat a few bucks, avoid tax and otherwise take the piss out of the rest who pay up and enjoy the fruits.

I hope Ironman's Glass Eye gets rid of these people.

Mish's few cents worth. Sorry.
This person already has a legal visa and wants to play by the rules and renew their visa. They are asking how to do. :o
This is a question and answer forum, where newbies (or oldies) are supposed to be able to ask stupid questions. If they annoy you, then ignore.
His post gives the impression he only has $40 in his pocket ("I can afford that) and that he's praying that the Thais don't charge him anything to enter.
Thing is if he is not as lucky has rozz he may have to stay the night in Thailand, so is it a park bench for a nights kip.
I am also surprised the borders are very relaxed at this time and not asking proof of travel and self finances.
Always "hope" but never "expect".
pczz
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by pczz »

AndyKK wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 1:06 am
Mishmash wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 7:26 pm All the Cheap Charlies and Cheats annoying old Mish.

We can help people to a certain extent but Cambodia dearly desires to attract a better class of people who respect her laws and can contribute fairly to the economy.

I personally am tired of people looking to cheat a few bucks, avoid tax and otherwise take the piss out of the rest who pay up and enjoy the fruits.

This person already has a legal visa and wants to play by the rules and renew their visa. They are asking how to do. :o
This is a question and answer forum, where newbies (or oldies) are supposed to be able to ask stupid questions. If they annoy you, then ignore.
His post gives the impression he only has $40 in his pocket ("I can afford that) and that he's praying that the Thais don't charge him anything to enter.
Thing is if he is not as lucky has rozz he may have to stay the night in Thailand, so is it a park bench for a nights kip.
I am also surprised the borders are very relaxed at this time and not asking proof of travel and self finances.
orona virus is hammerring tourism. Later this year can expect Cambodia to waive visa fees. Case of putting all their eggs in a chinese basket and the wheels just came off
rozzieoz
Expatriate
Australia

Post by rozzieoz »

I had to provide proof of travel - my agent gave me a printout with flight details in my name.
Once you've read the dictionary, every other book is just a remix.
chkwoot
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by chkwoot »

rozzieoz wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 6:00 am
I had to provide proof of travel - my agent gave me a printout with flight details in my name.
Sounds like you've found an excellent agent. Who?
I am sooooo very sorry if you can't understand or appreciate my sarcastic facetiousness.
rozzieoz
Expatriate
Australia

Post by rozzieoz »

chkwoot wrote:
rozzieoz wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 6:00 am
Sounds like you've found an excellent agent. Who?
She’s just near Wat Damnak, diagonally across from Star Bar.
MarkRobinson
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by MarkRobinson »

:dragonchase:
Its a hard road out there ,I don't think you are up to it yet .Pay the agents ,
Danger , , Will Robertson :dragonchase:
"The Truth ,The whole truth " & nothing but the T R U T H ,Galbelly for the Defense.🍇
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

and prehaps asked to show 20,000 baht, a ticket out and hotel reservation
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
rozzieoz
Expatriate
Australia

Post by rozzieoz »

You can reserve a room on Booking.com with no payment upfront. I did this before I went across.

They didn’t ask to see cash.
HappyChappy
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by HappyChappy »

PSD-Kiwi wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 6:52 pm
HappyChappy wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 6:47 pm
I'm in siem reap and my visa runs out in a couple days, I'm told if I go through the poipet boarder I can come back in for a 3month visa for 40 bucks....... Which i can afford.
I'd be worried if you planned on staying for 3 months but couldn't afford $40!

But...

There is no such thing as a Visa available on arrival which is valid for 3 months. You need the E-type (Ordinary) Visa which is $35 and valid for 1 month, you can then apply for an Extension of Stay. Plenty of threads covering the EOS categories available and associated costs.

HappyChappy wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 6:47 pm I'm from the UK, do I need to pay to get into Thailand or no????
Visa exempt entry, nothing to pay.
Brother thank you!!! I'm. Basically volunteering with no salary so I'm trying to be as careful with my money as possible. I have a safety net but I'd like to stay here as long as poss.

Thanks for your help mate, I was bullied into NOT getting an ordinary visa passing from Vietnam into cambodia, which is great.

So. Ordinary visa and extend, there's no 3 month tourist visa? I was told if you're not working you could get a three month visa and its legal??
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

get an ordinary visa at the border ( $35)
than apply for a 3 month/6 month EG (looking for work extension) apx $90/180 via an agent
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic