Faulty Angkor Cans

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
HarrisonWhite
Tourist
Australia

Faulty Angkor Cans

Post by HarrisonWhite »

Has anyone been experiencing issues with the tops of their Angkor Cans?

I have been hearing there has been a lot of issues with the tops breaking off...
Duncan
Sir Duncan

Re: Faulty Angkor Cans

Post by Duncan »

HarrisonWhite wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 11:34 am Has anyone been experiencing issues with the tops of their Angkor Cans?

I have been hearing there has been a lot of issues with the tops breaking off...
That's strange, most of the complaints I hear are about the beer not the cans.
Cambodia,,,, Don't fall in love with her.
Like the spoilt child she is, she will not be happy till she destroys herself from within and breaks your heart.
IraHayes
Expatriate
Marshall Islands

Post by IraHayes »

Maybe the complaints are that once the tops break off they have to actually drink the contents?
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Post by Anchor Moy »

IraHayes wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 12:44 pm Maybe the complaints are that once the tops break off they have to actually drink the contents?
You mean that you are supposed to DRINK it ? It is a natural weed killer and unblocks drains. I didn't know that you were supposed to drink it first. :facepalm:
Cooldude
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Cooldude »

Yes. About half of the cans I try to open break before the can is open.
rexwell
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by rexwell »

Happened to me twice in a row in a restaurant about a month back. Had been wondering if it was my technique.
Arget
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Arget »

It is a sign that the contents are shit and not to be drunk... Take heed .
cptrelentless
Expatriate
Korea North

Post by cptrelentless »

The new owners have implemented a lot of cost-cutting measures which has greatly impacted public perception of their product. It doesn't taste the same, the prizes are not as good, nobody drinks it any more.
GMJS-CEO
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by GMJS-CEO »

Angkor still the most popular beer by sales in Cambodia? They seemed to do much more marketing “my country my beer” and had some popular singers on their ads.

Anchor was always more palatable.
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

That horrible Ganzberg seems to be much more popular among locals than most other brands. I was talking to someone who knows a bit about beer sales here, and I was surprised by how of a particular well-known premium/ foreign beer here is consumed.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic