Money transfer Thailand to Cambodia

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
pczz
Expatriate
Great Britain

Re: Money transfer Thailand to Cambodia

Post by pczz »

phuketrichard wrote: Mon Feb 24, 2020 5:09 pm how did u do that, just checked transferwise online and cant see Cambodia listed

https://transferwise.com/
I had same problem so i emailed them this was their reply

Thank you for reaching out to us.

You can send USD to and from bank accounts outside of the US where we support this currency route.

1) You can send and receive USD globally to and from both the Channel Islands and Cambodia.

In case you're making same currency transfers (USD to USD), you'll need to enable this option by opening your Borderless account with us. We'll also need to verify your identity.

Once your Borderless is open, you can send us your money from an account outside the US. To do so, you’ll have to make an international wire transfer (SWIFT).

so its not listed but they can do it. You can also send usd from Revolut to transferwise and then send to channel island and cambodia as revolut will not send usd to or from camnbodia
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

ahh so can transfer US$ from my US account to my Cambodian bank an not have to pay any exchange fees!!!!
Once your Borderless is open, you can send us your money from an account outside the US. To do so, you’ll have to make an international wire transfer (SWIFT).
BUT if u need make a international wire transfer to them first and than pay them to wire it onwards, you might just as well do 1 transfer from ur thai bank to a Cambodian bank bypassing transferwise.

same goes for this option, ...so ur bank to Revolut to transferwise to Cambodia
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
fazur
Expatriate
Norway

Post by fazur »

ABA offers transfers via Swift International, do theu include tHailand?
Alex
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Alex »

fazur wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 6:29 pm ABA offers transfers via Swift International, do theu include tHailand?
Yes.
CaptainCanuck
Expatriate
Canada

Post by CaptainCanuck »

phuketrichard wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 2:44 pm I use dee money, https://www.deemoney.com/ to transfer money out of my scb account and you can use them to send $$ to Cambodia and its next day service
Used them 2 weeks ago to send $$ to the states.
OR
just direct wire from ur bangkok bank to ur account in Cambodia
Not sure Bangkok bank, but for my scb its a wire fee of 300 baht only
Thank you
I’ll ask about this when I go next week before I go to Thailand
:-)
Ot Mean Loi
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Ot Mean Loi »

Surely all you need is the ...SWIFT...Code for the recipient bank in Cambodia and your personal account details for the account funds transferred are to be credited to.

...SWIFT... is also sometimes referred to as ...BIC...Bank Identifier/Identification Code. SWIFT Codes are used for all international bank transfers.

OML
CaptainCanuck
Expatriate
Canada

Post by CaptainCanuck »

phuketrichard wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 2:44 pm I use dee money, https://www.deemoney.com/ to transfer money out of my scb account and you can use them to send $$ to Cambodia and its next day service
Used them 2 weeks ago to send $$ to the states.
OR
just direct wire from ur bangkok bank to ur account in Cambodia
Not sure Bangkok bank, but for my scb its a wire fee of 300 baht only
Thank you
I wasn’t sure wiring into Cambodia was dependable
Canadia Bank is partnered with a Canadian Bank, I’m probably worrying for nothing.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic