Urgent visa run to Thailand!!!!!

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
HappyChappy
Expatriate
Great Britain

Urgent visa run to Thailand!!!!!

Post by HappyChappy »

Look guys I know people hate these questions because they're common but heeeeeelp!!!

I'm in siem reap and my visa runs out in a couple days, I'm told if I go through the poipet boarder I can come back in for a 3month visa for 40 bucks....... Which i can afford.

BUT

I'm from the UK, do I need to pay to get into Thailand or no???? It was free for me into Vietnam I'm praying its the same 🙏🙏🙏
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Re: Urgent visa run to Thailand!!!!!

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

HappyChappy wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 6:47 pm
I'm in siem reap and my visa runs out in a couple days, I'm told if I go through the poipet boarder I can come back in for a 3month visa for 40 bucks....... Which i can afford.
I'd be worried if you planned on staying for 3 months but couldn't afford $40!

But...

There is no such thing as a Visa available on arrival which is valid for 3 months. You need the E-type (Ordinary) Visa which is $35 and valid for 1 month, you can then apply for an Extension of Stay. Plenty of threads covering the EOS categories available and associated costs.

HappyChappy wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 6:47 pm I'm from the UK, do I need to pay to get into Thailand or no????
Visa exempt entry, nothing to pay.
JUDGEDREDD
Expatriate
Christmas Island

Post by JUDGEDREDD »

What Kiwi said basically
Slow down little world, you're changing too fast.
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Post by Anchor Moy »

Mishmash
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Mishmash »

All the Cheap Charlies and Cheats annoying old Mish.

The law is as clear as can be and @PSD-Kiwi makes even clearer.

We can help people to a certain extent but Cambodia dearly desires to attract a better class of people who respect her laws and can contribute fairly to the economy.

I personally am tired of people looking to cheat a few bucks, avoid tax and otherwise take the piss out of the rest who pay up and enjoy the fruits.

I hope Ironman's Glass Eye gets rid of these people.

Mish's few cents worth. Sorry.
j57
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by j57 »

why does a simple question about a visa run by a person who is using the site to gain knowledge get a response with such venom and hate?
It is obvious the visitor is not too keen about travel and visa extension facts.
To turn the post into a Let's get all these fucking deadbeats and tax dodgers the fuck out of here is not helpful.
I suspect you would rat out your grandma like a wuhan party member.
Phnom Poon
Expatriate
Kiribati

Post by Phnom Poon »

Mishmash wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 7:26 pm Cambodia dearly desires to attract a better class of people who respect her laws and can contribute fairly to the economy.
lol
aka LOI LOI LOI

just as a foil
would they pull any stops if some world-class academic arrived on sabbatical
but on a paltry university stipend?
i don't think they'd give a flying

monstra mihi bona!
Mishmash
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Mishmash »

Phnom Poon wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 8:02 pm
Mishmash wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 7:26 pm Cambodia dearly desires to attract a better class of people who respect her laws and can contribute fairly to the economy.
lol
aka LOI LOI LOI

just as a foil
would they pull any stops if some world-class academic arrived on sabbatical
but on a paltry university stipend?
i don't think they'd give a flying
:beer3:
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Post by Anchor Moy »

Mishmash wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 7:26 pm All the Cheap Charlies and Cheats annoying old Mish.

We can help people to a certain extent but Cambodia dearly desires to attract a better class of people who respect her laws and can contribute fairly to the economy.

I personally am tired of people looking to cheat a few bucks, avoid tax and otherwise take the piss out of the rest who pay up and enjoy the fruits.

This person already has a legal visa and wants to play by the rules and renew their visa. They are asking how to do. :o
This is a question and answer forum, where newbies (or oldies) are supposed to be able to ask stupid questions. If they annoy you, then ignore.
Sweet Lemon
Expatriate

Post by Sweet Lemon »

Anchor Moy wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 10:28 pm
Mishmash wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 7:26 pm All the Cheap Charlies and Cheats annoying old Mish.

This person already has a legal visa and wants to play by the rules and renew their visa. They are asking how to do. :o
This is a question and answer forum, where newbies (or oldies) are supposed to be able to ask stupid questions. If they annoy you, then ignore.
His post gives the impression he only has $40 in his pocket ("I can afford that) and that he's praying that the Thais don't charge him anything to enter.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic