Best Travel Insurance?

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
chiltern
Expatriate
Great Britain

Re: Must Forte stickers be placed on car?

Post by chiltern »

pczz wrote: Mon Feb 24, 2020 3:38 am This really is small beans. Read your holiday insurance t&C properly and weep. Full of really dirty tricks.
You are covered for $400 for phone , Ipad, laptop per event. i fa ll three are stolen at same time you only get to claim 400 as opposed to 1200 if each one is stolen seperatley.
You are only covered for public hospitals unless agreed by them in case the public hospital does not have facilities
You are not covered for translators
You are not covered for food and drink in hopsital
You are not covered for items like walking sticks and crutches
You are not covered if you have been drinking or taking drugs
You are only covered for repatriation to the nearest country that can deal with your injuries. After being evaced to thailand you will be left to die when your cover runs out!
The nasty suprises go on and on and vary from company to company. God help you if you have any pre-existing conditiosn, whetehr you know about them or not. Its a nightmare. i would happliy be required to put a sticker on my bum
Bollocks
I have claimed on my travel insurance twice and received excellent service. Before purchase l take time to read their terms and conditions so I know what's covered and declare any pre-existing conditions. The insurance company picked up my entire hospital bill including food and drink and provided a business class ticket back to the uk. Why should any company cough up if your injuries are self inflicted through drink or drugs or you cant be bothered to be straight with them about any pre-existing conditions.
pczz
Expatriate
Great Britain

Re: Must Forte stickers be placed on car?

Post by pczz »

chiltern wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 3:10 pm
pczz wrote: Mon Feb 24, 2020 3:38 am This really is small beans. Read your holiday insurance t&C properly and weep. Full of really dirty tricks.
You are covered for $400 for phone , Ipad, laptop per event. i fa ll three are stolen at same time you only get to claim 400 as opposed to 1200 if each one is stolen seperatley.
You are only covered for public hospitals unless agreed by them in case the public hospital does not have facilities
You are not covered for translators
You are not covered for food and drink in hopsital
You are not covered for items like walking sticks and crutches
You are not covered if you have been drinking or taking drugs
You are only covered for repatriation to the nearest country that can deal with your injuries. After being evaced to thailand you will be left to die when your cover runs out!
The nasty suprises go on and on and vary from company to company. God help you if you have any pre-existing conditiosn, whetehr you know about them or not. Its a nightmare. i would happliy be required to put a sticker on my bum
Bollocks
I have claimed on my travel insurance twice and received excellent service. Before purchase l take time to read their terms and conditions so I know what's covered and declare any pre-existing conditions. The insurance company picked up my entire hospital bill including food and drink and provided a business class ticket back to the uk. Why should any company cough up if your injuries are self inflicted through drink or drugs or you cant be bothered to be straight with them about any pre-existing conditions.
No need to swear. Firstly, i am referring to uk travel insurance which is miles behind other countries but instead of flaming perhaps you could tell the forum which company it is as that would be useful a useful, positive response. For samples of bad polices look at nomads insurance, or even the free insurance you get with your bank account for examples of bad insurance. There is only one I know of that provides the type of cover you describe and covers you up to 250cc motorbike BUT they do not offer cover to people over 60 for trips more than 1 month so I cannot use them anymore. Last time I had insurance I banged my head and had to sign a declaration i had not had a drink in the last 24 hours!
samrong01
Expatriate
New Zealand

Re: Best Travel Insurance?

Post by samrong01 »

I have recently done some research into various travel insurance policies. Virtually all of them have a provision that you "must intend to return to your country of residence". The only travel insurance I have found that does not have this provision is Atlas Travel Insurance from USA who ask nothing at all about your travel intentions. They are not particularly cheap but you can easily do an online quotation.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic