Pontoon opinion

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
Duncan
Sir Duncan

Re: Pontoon opinion

Post by Duncan »

Khmu Nation wrote: Mon Feb 24, 2020 1:26 pm
Arget wrote: Mon Feb 24, 2020 1:00 pm
Khmu Nation wrote: Mon Feb 24, 2020 12:09 pm Going out late and getting fucked up is all well and good. But after a certain age if you are still doing it means it might be time to have a long and hard look in the mirror. Socks need pulling up.
You wear socks???????????
Figuratively speaking.

:hattip:

What colour are those figuratively speaking socks ?
Cambodia,,,, Don't fall in love with her.
Like the spoilt child she is, she will not be happy till she destroys herself from within and breaks your heart.
Mishmash
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Mishmash »

Duncan wrote: Mon Feb 24, 2020 1:42 pm
Khmu Nation wrote: Mon Feb 24, 2020 1:26 pm
Arget wrote: Mon Feb 24, 2020 1:00 pm
Khmu Nation wrote: Mon Feb 24, 2020 12:09 pm Going out late and getting fucked up is all well and good. But after a certain age if you are still doing it means it might be time to have a long and hard look in the mirror. Socks need pulling up.
You wear socks???????????
Figuratively speaking.

:hattip:

What colour are those figuratively speaking socks ?
Have you some fetish we should know about Duncan?? :beer3:

However, to add, we also want to know if the socks are those pigeon ones worn by flip flop wielding market ladies.
Ghostwriter
Expatriate
France

Post by Ghostwriter »

I hoped something like this, but it wasn't.
Never bothered to come back since.

Mishmash
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Mishmash »

Ghostwriter wrote: Mon Feb 24, 2020 5:48 pm I hoped something like this, but it wasn't.
Never bothered to come back since.
Exactly - overrated shite place....

Pontoon wimped out.

I expected this...

pczz
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by pczz »

bucknaked wrote: Mon Feb 24, 2020 9:01 am I love this place
we go there on every visit once or twice per trip

awesome sound system, music [usually] good enough, not what I normally listen to but the lights and the sound quality make up for it
drinks expensive but it is a club

I've found the staff to be utmost professional
bar staff show you the notes you just handed them, show you the change laid out afterwards
yes, lots of security but i have never seen any trouble in there, last year i saw some people so drunk they fell over in a bear hug, security helped them back up and let them be
security see someone carrying a tray of drinks they clear a path for them, a drink gets spilled they have signaled for a clean up, they anticipate any shit before it happens
in December I was frisked going back in and they had me empty my pockets, examined the joint i had and confiscated it, fair enough, not that I would have lit it up inside, I shit myself thinking they will at least fleece me for some money, next break in the flow I went to go in and head security grabbed me by the shoulder....apologised for taking it
I left with a girl and she went up to security to tried and get it back for me....I love Cambodia

the toughest part of Pontoon is staying awake or not being too hammered when all the action starts, you don't wanna be there too early :)
Thats what it used to be like 10 years ago. Now your feet stick to the floor, your bum sticks to the seat and its taken over from that horrible old people home on nthe corner that is now a korean rstaurant as the last chance saloon for cheapcharlies
bucknaked
Expatriate
Australia

Post by bucknaked »

this was 2.5 months ago
Even the ugly ones
Ghostwriter
Expatriate
France

Post by Ghostwriter »

bucknaked wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 8:56 am this was 2.5 months ago
The drugs were good, then.
willyhilly
Expatriate
Albania

Post by willyhilly »

I was on the Pontoon the night it sunk. It’s never been that exciting ever again.
Amkoo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Amkoo »

Pontoon is definetely the worst club in southeast asia, i just cant understand why people want to go there. Everything sucks in that club, especially music. You can hear dj playing some horrible remix version of "smoke weed everyday" at least 30 times in one night.
Yerg
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Yerg »

Yeah, I kinda tired of Pontoon after my first visit. Never went back. So many people said it was the place to go (2016-2018). It wasn't.

The empty (reserved) sofas. The £100 bottles in order to get a seat. Yeah, no way.

The best part about Pontoon was the YouTube video of the white dude and Khmer woman who got in to a punch-up with the tuk-tuk mafia outside a year or two back.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic