SLAVERY SMASHER: One former Mountie's crusade to end sex trafficking in Cambodia

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
Brody
Expatriate
United States of America

Re: SLAVERY SMASHER: One former Mountie's crusade to end sex trafficking in Cambodia

Post by Brody »

BrazilBoy wrote: Mon Feb 24, 2020 7:11 pm upwards of 50% of the expats living in Cambodia are sexual predators.

That about bears out what I saw.
You 'saw' this? Then I'm sure you did the proper thing and reported all of these expats to the competent authorities to face the full force and effect of the law?

I hope you did because if you didn't, you are guilty of negligent omission and in some jurisdictions, could be put up on charges yourself.
Clemen
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: SLAVERY SMASHER: One former Mountie's crusade to end sex trafficking in Cambodia

Post by Clemen »

BrazilBoy wrote: Mon Feb 24, 2020 7:11 pm
A fair estimate would be 50% - upwards of 50% of the expats living in Cambodia are sexual predators and the rest are mostly here for opportunistic sex. That about bears out what I saw.
That says a hell of lot more about you than anyone else.
up to you...
BrazilBoy
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by BrazilBoy »

Clemen wrote: Mon Feb 24, 2020 8:07 pm
A fair estimate would be 50% - upwards of 50% of the expats living in Cambodia are sexual predators and the rest are mostly here for opportunistic sex. That about bears out what I saw.
I didn’t say it; the cop with 30years on the job said it.
Your soft logic won,t fool me. I know cheap logical fallacy when I see one and I’ve seen plenty on this site.
Clemen
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Clemen »

BrazilBoy wrote: Mon Feb 24, 2020 8:14 pm
Your soft logic won,t fool me. I know cheap logical fallacy when I see one and I’ve seen plenty on this site.
No, he didn't, you did. That quote is yours, it's not in the article, you wrote it.
Enjoy China, I'm out
up to you...
DaveG
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by DaveG »

Brody wrote: Mon Feb 24, 2020 8:06 pm
BrazilBoy wrote: Mon Feb 24, 2020 7:11 pm upwards of 50% of the expats living in Cambodia are sexual predators.

That about bears out what I saw.
You 'saw' this? Then I'm sure you did the proper thing and reported all of these expats to the competent authorities to face the full force and effect of the law?

I hope you did because if you didn't, you are guilty of negligent omission and in some jurisdictions, could be put up on charges yourself.
True,....Please do not come back...You may be arrested for not reporting,

Uk changed it's laws to reflect this....

http://www.children.gov.on.ca/htdocs/En ... glect.aspx
BrazilBoy
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by BrazilBoy »

Clemen wrote: Mon Feb 24, 2020 8:19 pm
No, he didn't, you did. That quote is yours, it's not in the article, you wrote it.
Enjoy China, I'm out
You’re correct, I misquoted him. He said all the expats in Cambodia are pedophiles or holiday sexpats.
daeum_tnaot
Expatriate
Nepal

Post by daeum_tnaot »

BrazilBoy wrote: Mon Feb 24, 2020 7:11 pm This is a trained professional, a man who has devoted a lifetime to law enforcement.
I think we can safely assume that her knows what he’s talking.

My own recent stint in Cambodia bears out what he’s saying: not only just predators but proud to predators bragging about how young they they were. He does leave out the lonely hearts contingent, those sad old expats looking for love in the arms of a Riverside whore so maybe he did overstate but this is a hardened law enforcement man. He probably didn’t even think about lonely hearts and assumed they were all predators.

Difficult thing for many people psychologically is that many adult sex workers are not trafficked but are doing it voluntarily. Some people just can't get their head around it.

There may be some sex trafficking but the numbers are often exaggerated for an eager audience in a western country that has no idea.
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Post by Anchor Moy »

If you hang out in bars with prostitutes, then of course a number of the customers will be interested in sexual encounters, whatever country you are in. It's kind of logical. %)
You must have been frequenting some sleezy joints in PP, right ? Surprise. Sleezy joints equals sleezy people. 1+1 = ?
But, the thing is that we (expats) don't all hang out in sleeze bars in PP.
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

It's so common to hear these dismal opinions. Person X arrives in Cambodia, goes to low rent and crap places, sees a few sleazy old sex tourists and mentalists/ druggies.
Then completely writes off the vast majority who barely have a reason to go near the central tourist district. A very built up area that stinks of diseased rat piss.
Yesterday I was in four different provinces, and the closest I got to Daun Penh was BKK1 for a few beers afterwards, with busy people - not sleazeballs or derelicts.
There are probably more than 100,000 western foreigners living in Cambodia nowadays. Most of them you will never see or meet as they don't associate with your sort.
I'll give anyone a chance but if a stranger starts talking silly or sleazy shit to me I will rapidly remove myself from their esteemed company.
The world you live in is very much affected by your own choices, if you find yourself in bad company that's usually because you are bad too. 8-)
Silence, exile, and cunning.
Yerg
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Yerg »

BrazilBoy wrote: Mon Feb 24, 2020 8:35 pm
Clemen wrote: Mon Feb 24, 2020 8:19 pm
Enjoy China, I'm out
You’re correct, I misquoted him. He said all the expats in Cambodia are pedophiles or holiday sexpats.
BB, you've been pretty disparaging of late, to an audience that was quite welcoming, albeit not always tolerant toward you. You've posted some strange things, and people have given you the benefit of the doubt, and continued to engage with you. Your Chinese Wife and Coronavirus Isolation threads being two perfectly good cases in point. (QED in operation.) By your definition, there's a 50% chance that you too are a predator of children or a sexpat. I'm pretty sure now why your wife wan't particularly welcoming of Khmers.

You returned (fled) back to China. Since your arrival in KOW and your subsequent return to your preferred country, you've done nothing but bait hooks and attempt to engage in nothing more than what can be considered trolling the CEO community. It's a great shame that Cambodia didn't work out for you or your family.

Your quotes about predators and sexpats, I'm simply not going to dignify with a response. I'll pop you on to my block list, and hope that the mods consider your presence no longer welcome.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic