Homeless Nigerian Detained for No Job, No Passport, No Money

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Homeless Nigerian Detained for No Job, No Passport, No Money

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

Cambodia News, Phnom Penh: On February 19, 2020 at 10am, officers from the Phnom Penh police post of Toul Tompong 2 handed over a 28-year-old Nigerian man to the Immigration Department's Office of Investigation and Procedure.
The foreigner arrived in the Kingdom of Cambodia on September 2017 at Siem Reap International Airport, looking for work. He was recently arrested and detained by police because he was living on the streets. He said that he has no job, no passport and no money, so he is stuck in Cambodia.
The Immigration Department are dealing with his case according to the usual legal procedures.
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Homeless Nigerian Detained for No Job, No Passport, No Money

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

The name of the homeless detained Nigerian has been given as CHIDERA, without further details.
Image,
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
fazur
Expatriate
Norway

Post by fazur »

have met maybe 5 nigerians since arriving

all cool guys

he needed a passport to enter, what happened to it?
Clutch Cargo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Clutch Cargo »

CEOCambodiaNews wrote: Thu Feb 20, 2020 4:47 pm The name of the homeless detained Nigerian has been given as CHIDERA, without further details.
I can fill in the blanks there... Full name is his Highness PRINCE CHIDERA :wink:

After a bitter civil war in his home country, his father the king was forced into exile in another country and escaped with a family fortune of considerable $$$ that now needs safe keeping in another, stable country. To do this, a kindly benefactor from such a country is required to facilitate the transfer of said funds without delay. A generous % commission will be paid to such a trustworthy person after receipt of a 'processing' fee to enable the release of said funds from escrow. :beer3:
Mishmash
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Mishmash »

clutchcargo wrote: Thu Feb 20, 2020 5:38 pm
CEOCambodiaNews wrote: Thu Feb 20, 2020 4:47 pm The name of the homeless detained Nigerian has been given as CHIDERA, without further details.
I can fill in the blanks there... Full name is his Highness PRINCE CHIDERA :wink:

After a bitter civil war in his home country, his father the king was forced into exile in another country and escaped with a family fortune of considerable $$$ that now needs safe keeping in another, stable country. To do this, a kindly benefactor from such a country is required to facilitate the transfer of said funds without delay. A generous % commission will be paid to such a trustworthy person after receipt of a 'processing' fee to enable the release of said funds from escrow. :beer3:
His auntie has written to me and swears it is true though. she promised to send me topless pics to prove it and that she loves me and only me forever, please trust Western Union.
j57
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by j57 »

I was in Kampong Cham Province last weekend for a wedding.
I had to walk a long way with my wife for the morning bor bor and back through the small village with a stop at the Pagoda to pay respects to her dead father. Being the only barang for miles drew attention and the school children ran to their windows and said HELLO!!! I responded with a 'Sousday' and a wave.
I had not been back in almost 2 years.
We got back to her father's old house and about an hour later 2 uniformed police arrived wanting to see my passport..visa..etc.
I produced my passport...the most recent arrival was stapled inside and my 4 pages of visa and extensions were all inside.
It was cordial. But, kind of a shock since I have been there 5 times.
They took pics of the 3 pages necessary.
A 3rd person arrived with a book and they wrote some info in it.
Then, they wanted pics of me with my arms around the 2 in uniform and with me and my wife.
I was treated very well.
If the guy had no shoes...no passport...no nothing.
what do you expect.
angela merkel to swoop in and save his ass?
Mishmash
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Mishmash »

j57 wrote: Fri Feb 21, 2020 12:24 am I was in Kampong Cham Province last weekend for a wedding.
I had to walk a long way with my wife for the morning bor bor and back through the small village with a stop at the Pagoda to pay respects to her dead father. Being the only barang for miles drew attention and the school children ran to their windows and said HELLO!!! I responded with a 'Sousday' and a wave.
I had not been back in almost 2 years.
We got back to her father's old house and about an hour later 2 uniformed police arrived wanting to see my passport..visa..etc.
I produced my passport...the most recent arrival was stapled inside and my 4 pages of visa and extensions were all inside.
It was cordial. But, kind of a shock since I have been there 5 times.
They took pics of the 3 pages necessary.
A 3rd person arrived with a book and they wrote some info in it.
Then, they wanted pics of me with my arms around the 2 in uniform and with me and my wife.
I was treated very well.
If the guy had no shoes...no passport...no nothing.
what do you expect.
angela merkel to swoop in and save his ass?
Decent folks get treated very well and are welcomed by most Cambodians, so your story is a happy one that illustrates this.

I am pleased for you and your family.

The no-hoper in question is welcome in Germany where he can receive benefits before native Germans. :stir:
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic