Gorgeous kitten needs a loving home!

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
yasue.fadhlaoui
Tourist

Re: Gorgeous kitten needs a loving home!

Post by yasue.fadhlaoui »

yasue.fadhlaoui
Tourist

DaveG
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by DaveG »

It would help if we knew what city you were in...Can't the hostel keep the cat as a ratter
yasue.fadhlaoui
Tourist

Hey All,

Thanks for your helpful words & advice! Yes abit of research showed he likely wouldn’t survive at a Wat.

Thanks to all, except the tool who said leave him on the road to become cat meat. I’m aware of the meat trade, but really? You’re heartless & if it was supposed to be funny..it weren’t. Didn’t your mamma teach you that if you have nothing nice to say, to say nothing at all.

What a rubbish attitude, you must be a dull & bitter person.

As you can see he is gorgeous! Currently fast asleep on my lap as the 1st pic shows.

After a brain storm I realised I could relocate him to Kampot. Even if he was left on the streets there he’d have a better chance of survival.

But! I called ahead to hostel I booked, they can’t adopt him but reckon they should def get him homed with a kampot ex pat.

I have a polystyrene box which I popped sooo many holes. Some windows as well (a roommates idea) did a trial run earlier & little Pepe was trying to smash his way out & clawing & sticking his face through the windows just like Jack Nicholson from the shining!! Lol

So, we travel tomorrow noon & I’m hoping that before Sat is over he will have a new home!

We have bonded so much, think it’s gonna be hard for
Both of us to say goodbye :(

Let’s hope Pepe finds a wonderful life in the country!

Thanks again :D
yasue.fadhlaoui
Tourist

Sorry Dave. Phnom Pehn. Hence why I didn’t think he would survive the mean streets. If I’d seen him in SR I would have give him a cuddle & left on his way.
Phnom Poon
Expatriate
Kiribati

Post by Phnom Poon »

yasue.fadhlaoui wrote: Thu Feb 20, 2020 8:56 pm Thanks to all, except the tool who said leave him on the road to become cat meat. I’m aware of the meat trade, but really? You’re heartless & if it was supposed to be funny..it weren’t. Didn’t your mamma teach you that if you have nothing nice to say, to say nothing at all.

What a rubbish attitude, you must be a dull & bitter person.

no pussy jokes?

monstra mihi bona!
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

yasue.fadhlaoui wrote: Thu Feb 20, 2020 8:56 pm I’m aware of the meat trade, but really?
I've lived in Cambodia for more than 15 years and have never seen or heard of anyone eating cat. Not saying it doesn't happen, but so far I haven't seen any evidence.
Good luck with the pussy cat thing, the problem I have is that I care about wildlife and these Felis Catus are an invasive species which causes great damage to birds, reptiles and other animals.
8-)
Silence, exile, and cunning.
Phnom Poon
Expatriate
Kiribati

Post by Phnom Poon »

exactly, they destroy local wildlife unless they're kept indoors, unnaturally

monstra mihi bona!
yasue.fadhlaoui
Tourist

Mr Poon,

You can go pussy galore!

I have read that there is apparently a big trade in cat//dog meat & that they are sold on stalls as special meat...

But could all be urban legend..

I would prefer to take the word of an ex pat of 15 years.
Mishmash
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Mishmash »

John Bingham wrote: Thu Feb 20, 2020 9:35 pm
yasue.fadhlaoui wrote: Thu Feb 20, 2020 8:56 pm I’m aware of the meat trade, but really?
I've lived in Cambodia for more than 15 years and have never seen or heard of anyone eating cat. Not saying it doesn't happen, but so far I haven't seen any evidence.
Good luck with the pussy cat thing, the problem I have is that I care about wildlife and these Felis Catus are an invasive species which causes great damage to birds, reptiles and other animals.
8-)
Never seen cat on the menu either - I would think its all fur and no meat. They are great to keep the vermin down out of the home and restaurants if cared for by people. Sadly it appears they are not here, along with dogs who appear more like mangy rats than a domesticated species, who work for a living.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic