Guest Houses That Offer Monthly Rentals

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
SiemReapRoddy
Expatriate
Equatorial Guinea

Guest Houses That Offer Monthly Rentals

Post by SiemReapRoddy »

Anyone aware of any guest houses that offer a discount for long term stays?

Or do you think lots would be open to the idea if asked? I suppose it might be easier these days with the corona virus lowering tourist numbers.

I'm wondering about any in Siem Reap, Battambang, or Kampot btw
WildA
Expatriate
United States of America

Re: Guest Houses That Offer Monthly Rentals

Post by WildA »

I just rented a place earlier this month (not a guesthouse). I looked at a large number of places and you should have no problem finding one. Its a renters market, vacancy rates are enormous. Lot depends on what you are looking for. I looked at one huge apartment about 800 meters from Rt 6 near the Ferris Wheel, gorgeous 360 view, high floor, modern, beautifully decorated, pool but no elevator, $300 a month. Too many stairs for me though, I was bummed out it was a penthouse, but not for a fat 60isher. So decide whats important to you, get a budget and ride around. My max was about $1000 a month and I beat that easily....so easily that I might be heading to BKK soon to rent something there too.
Naturam expelles furca, tamen usque recurret. Horace
Just because you are paranoid doesn't mean they arent out to get you. Pynchon
siliconlife
Expatriate
Palau Island

Post by siliconlife »

Most places in Battambang are open to the idea, just walk in and ask. I've got a friend who's even done a deal with one to give him an all in discount on meals n water etc. Monthly rentals, even of apartments, are a lot more widespread there.
Stinkman
Expatriate

Post by Stinkman »

SiemReapRoddy wrote: Sun Feb 16, 2020 7:10 am Or do you think lots would be open to the idea if asked? I suppose it might be easier these days with the corona virus lowering tourist numbers.
Maybe an increase of tourist numbers from cruise ships.
Roadie
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Roadie »

There's definately a few in Battambang. I'm staying in one, along with a few others, and its a very good place to be. Pm me if you would like more info.
pczz
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by pczz »

Would be very suprised if you could find one that did not offer discounts for long stay. the norm used to be discount for 2 weeks or more paid in advance. amoutnof disount goes up with the length of stay.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic