Why Are There So Many Loser Farang Men in Thailand?

Thailand is Cambodia's neighbor to the West, and this forum is dedicated to Thai news, stories, reviews, blogs, videos, Thai people and anything else related to the country. A lot of expats have both lived and worked in Cambodia and Thailand, and this area is a place to discuss all aspects of life in Thailand and what's going on there. Most topics are about Bangkok and Pattaya because of their larger populations of expatriates and tourists in those cities, but this is for all things Thai.
Kung-fu Hillbilly
Expatriate
Australia

Why Are There So Many Loser Farang Men in Thailand?

Post by Kung-fu Hillbilly »

John Mark Karr, arrested for saying he killed Jon Benet Ramsey — just another typical western pedophile loser in Thailand.

By Tasty Thailand,
26 Jan 2020

Here in Thailand, however, poorer Thai girls are often misinformed and think these men ‘have money’, simply because they are western.

A Thai friend recently asked me “Why are there so many loser farang men in Thailand?”, something she had noticed as she went about her daily life in Bangkok.

After a decade of living in Thailand, the only way I can explain to a Thai why so many loser western men live here is quite simplistic and doesn’t really explain the true complexities of the issue, but here are some of the reasons.

1) A large percentage of western men in Thailand either cannot get jobs in their home countries or are only qualified for low-paying jobs. So they move to Thailand to be ‘a teacher’. In hardly any other country in the world would low-skilled, poorly-educated westerners be allowed to teach in schools and universities, but many of them are in Thailand.Sad for Thailand and sad for Thai students who often don’t reap many benefits from being ‘taught’ by them.

After all, I don’t know any western women who would freely date a man who smokes and drinks to excess, makes less than $1,000 a month at a job he doesn’t always show up for, is poorly and dirtily dressed, often smells bad and is rude to a huge percentage of people around him.

3) Thailand used to be a country where it was easy for a westerner running away from the legal system in their own country to hide. That is why there is still a sizeable percentage of western men living in Thailand avoiding the legal system in their own countries, or avoiding paying child support or debt collectors.

After all, when you are like most of my Thai female friends, from a middle-class or upper-class Thai family with a good education and a great job, you are much more likely to settle down with a nice, respectable Thai guy than a western man with a low paying job and even lower morals.

full.https://tastythailand.com/why-are-there ... -thailand/
yong
Expatriate
Thailand

Re: Why Are There So Many Loser Farang Men in Thailand?

Post by yong »

"Here in Thailand, however, poorer Thai girls are often misinformed and think these men ‘have money’, simply because they are western."

I strongly believe the above statement does not refer to Thai women only I can see it in Indonesia, Malaysia hell even Singapore too. Don't know about Cambodia though.
Anthony's Weiner
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Anthony's Weiner »

I noted the author didn t have the courage to put their name to the article unlike other articles posted by the Tasty Thailand website.

The top 5 posts according to Tasty Thailand are

How to Avoid Paying 200 Baht Thai Bank ATM Fee

Vaping in Thailand in 2019 is illegal, yes, you could spend 10 years in jail

Will wearing an air mask in Bangkok help with pollution? If so, which are better than others?

How to Use the Bum-Gun (Toilet Hose) in Thailand: Keep Yourself Clean With a Squirt of Water

Buying Over-The-Counter Medication in Thailand – What’s Available?

I dont think it will replace the Bangkok Post anytime soon as a must-go-to site for news.
wheninroam
Tourist

Post by wheninroam »

Doesn't it work the other way round, guys who leave their home country do it because they dont have things to keep them there? So you could say things didnt work for them there. When you have that kind of "freedom" Thailand is an easy place to start a new life. Then history repeats after a while.
Robins
Expatriate
Thailand

Post by Robins »

Has, the real losers are still in farangland with a 100 kilo wife they can't afford to dump. Living in this playground makes me a winner.
RobinHood
Tourist
Great Britain

Post by RobinHood »

I went to South East Asia because I wanted to tick the 'foreign teaching' gig thing before I hit 30, and gain some travel and life experience. I'm now embarking on a computer career, but I'll still never say never to the teaching.

Also considering how miserable the winters are in Britain, it's nice to spend time somewhere warm. Being able to eat and drink outdoors in shorts and sandals at 9:30pm is a novelty that doesn't go away.
Cowshed Cowboy
Expatriate
Thailand

Post by Cowshed Cowboy »

RobinHood wrote: Mon Feb 17, 2020 3:26 am Also considering how miserable the winters are in Britain, it's nice to spend time somewhere warm. Being able to eat and drink outdoors in shorts and sandals at 9:30pm is a novelty that doesn't go away.
My quality of life improved beyond measure swapping a life of commuting in London to working in SE Asia. Waking up to bright sunshine and a warm climate still sets my day off in the right way. Hard to explain but even in the Asian cities I've been to I find the hustle and bustle to be more bearable than the rat race feel of London.

From my own perspective I feel more of a winner than a loser in Thailand compared to my life back home.
Yes sir, I can boogie, I can boogie, boogie, boogie all night long.
Jcml19
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Jcml19 »

Depends on where u hang out amd who u associate with...

Nevertheless there are good peeps n bad peeps... Life is good so enjoy the wonders wherever u are.

Stateside i have a blast but i do agree, walking around in shorts n tshirt beats a suit n tie or a jacket any day ;-)
Marty
BANNED
Canada

Post by Marty »

What's wrong with loosed farang men anyway?
Duncan
Sir Duncan

Post by Duncan »

RobinHood wrote: Mon Feb 17, 2020 3:26 am I went to South East Asia because I wanted to tick the 'foreign teaching' gig thing before I hit 30, and gain some travel and life experience. I'm now embarking on a computer career, but I'll still never say never to the teaching.

Also considering how miserable the winters are in Britain, it's nice to spend time somewhere warm. Being able to eat and drink outdoors in shorts and sandals at 9:30pm is a novelty that doesn't go away.

https://newsletter.thaivisa.com/l/K7ZLJ ... 4PRoNovDhw
Cambodia,,,, Don't fall in love with her.
Like the spoilt child she is, she will not be happy till she destroys herself from within and breaks your heart.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic