Has the Corona (COVID-19) changed your life so far?

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
cptrelentless
Expatriate
Korea North

Re: Has the Corona (COVID-19) changed your life so far?

Post by cptrelentless »

I am now definitely never taking a cruise ship holiday. Being imprisoned in a shit shopping centre never was very appealing. All you dirty buggers who are only now washing your hands deserve to get norovirus.
Cowshed Cowboy
Expatriate
Thailand

Post by Cowshed Cowboy »

Duncan wrote: Mon Feb 17, 2020 5:50 pm Any Corona virus in Soi 6 .?
No, but it could be a challenge of industrial proportions tracking down the contact chain if it were an epicentre. :D
Yes sir, I can boogie, I can boogie, boogie, boogie all night long.
Arget
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Arget »

I would have thought that because you handle money, tuk tuks whatever when you are outside your home then you would automatically wash your hands when you get home. I dump what ever I have bought home then wash my hands. No different than before this convid-19 thingy.
atst
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by atst »

I'm looking forward to a Pattaya without Chinese just hope I can fly there next week
I'm standing up, so I must be straight.
What's a poor man do when the blues keep following him around.(Smoking Dynamite)
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

It has made me a better person, in many profound ways.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
pczz
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by pczz »

Arget wrote: Mon Feb 17, 2020 7:03 pm I would have thought that because you handle money, tuk tuks whatever when you are outside your home then you would automatically wash your hands when you get home. I dump what ever I have bought home then wash my hands. No different than before this convid-19 thingy.
Then pick up all the diry bags you just dumped and put the virus in the fridge to preserve it smeared over all the containers you bought :-)
If you want to go nuts about it my brother in law used to wash everything in hot water before he put it in the fridge. he even scrubbed fruit ffs
There is a school of thought that says dirty hands make a heath immune system because you constantly get small exposures to bugs, giving you body a chance to develop immunities
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

only wash hands when i take a shower at home or after i use bathroom outside home;

believe that dirt keeps the bad stuff away

In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
denethor
Tourist

Post by denethor »

I have given up on street food. I got used to breakfasting from whatever lady pedaled by on a bicycle. One of my faves: chicken noodle bean stew breakfast, 3000 Huns per bowl.

Now I eat cold peanut butter sandwiches for breakfast while peeping at the streets through my window blinds.
tightenupvolume1
Expatriate
India

Post by tightenupvolume1 »

IF it spreads and hundreds of millions die maybe the historians of the future will look back and say that the world was given a second chance ? :beer1:

just saying
denethor
Tourist

Post by denethor »

No fever, but I seem to be sweating a lot more than usual lately.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic