Has the Corona (COVID-19) changed your life so far?

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
Brody
Expatriate
United States of America

Re: Has the Corona (COVID-19) changed your life so far?

Post by Brody »

I've learned that I have a new fetish.

Khmer birds in surgical masks......hauntingly sultry in a way.....piercing almond eyes, burning a hole straight through you, straining against the rising swells of unrelenting passion.......

timmydownawell
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by timmydownawell »

Brody wrote: Mon Feb 17, 2020 1:29 pm I've learned that I have a new fetish.

Khmer birds in surgical masks......hauntingly sultry in a way.....piercing almond eyes, burning a hole straight through you, straining against the rising swells of unrelenting passion.......

She just doesn't want you to see the massive cold sore on her lip.
You must walk in traffic to cross the road - Cambodian proverb
Clutch Cargo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Clutch Cargo »

It's changed Mrs Cargo's working life at her restaurant. Staff wary of taking orders and serving chinese customers. Barang customers don't want to sit anywhere near them.

One barang customer said to one group of chinese: 'Why don't you fcuk off back to China' and that nearly started a fight as one in the group understood what was said. So certainly some tension in that environment.

I wonder too how it's impacting the working girls in the hostess bars. They would have to be in a higher risk environment too and worried about infection. Haven't seen any wear masks yet.. I guess that might not be good for business.
Spigzy
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Spigzy »

I think I’ve used the Predator/Billy “we’re all gonna die” GIF more often.

I still have some bucket list items to tackle, so it’d be a bit shit to go early due to this virus, but no disaster. On the other hand I also have a six year old son, so making sure he’s more rigorous with his own hygiene/washing is a focus- he’s at that age of biting finger nails, wondering if he can get away with wiping his snot without a tissue, cheeky wee and rush out before washing hands, etc. just keeping on top of those things really.

We’re all gonna die. (Eventually)
Meum est propositum in taberna mori,
ut sint Guinness proxima morientis ori.
tunc cantabunt letius angelorum chori:
"Sit Deus propitius huic potatori."
AzalKH
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by AzalKH »

Not really changed anything for me, still monitoring what's reported (as I do have a kid). Have generally always washed my hands regularly throughout the day and practiced good hygiene.

Have taken advantage of the initial fear of it to finally break some of the bad hygiene habits of some of my older relatives in law. Normal circumstances weren't enough for them to listen to me, this spooked them enough. Bit of a silver lining.
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Post by Anchor Moy »

^^ As you say, at least this virus outbreak might encourage people to wash their hands a bit more and pay attention to basic hygiene. :2girlsit8:
Freightdog
Expatriate
Ireland

Post by Freightdog »

Work keeps us fairly isolated from most normal folk during the day as it is (night cargo- nocturnal ops), but a long weekend down in Provence between weeks ended up just a couple of quiet pints of Guinness and hide in the hotel. It’s usually a good chance to gas with the engineers and FO about the plane and the coming week.
It’s noticeably quiet in the Paris hotel- there’s usually 3-4 different Asian airlines corralling crews in the lobby. Now, it’s very desolate.

Biggest overall concern for me is having flight disruptions affecting me getting back home from Europe.

A pretty good Thai curry as often as possible to ward off the bug.
Cowshed Cowboy
Expatriate
Thailand

Post by Cowshed Cowboy »

Yes, Pattaya is much more pleasant at the present time without masses of Chinese tour buses clogging the place up and belching out exhaust fumes. It doesn't seem to have adversely affected my area of town non Chinese tourism wise, walked along the beach this morning and there seems to be more Western tourists than I've seen for a few years.

Just keeping an eye on developments in the news.
Yes sir, I can boogie, I can boogie, boogie, boogie all night long.
Bitte_Kein_Lexus
Expatriate

Post by Bitte_Kein_Lexus »

timmydownawell wrote:
Brody wrote: Mon Feb 17, 2020 1:29 pm I've learned that I have a new fetish.

She just doesn't want you to see the massive cold sore on her lip.
Or truly fucked up teeth...
Ex Bitteeinbit/LexusSchmexus
Duncan
Sir Duncan

Post by Duncan »

Cowshed Cowboy wrote: Mon Feb 17, 2020 5:36 pm Yes, Pattaya is much more pleasant at the present time without masses of Chinese tour buses clogging the place up and belching out exhaust fumes. It doesn't seem to have adversely affected my area of town non Chinese tourism wise, walked along the beach this morning and there seems to be more Western tourists than I've seen for a few years.

Just keeping an eye on developments in the news.
Any Corona virus in Soi 6 .?
Cambodia,,,, Don't fall in love with her.
Like the spoilt child she is, she will not be happy till she destroys herself from within and breaks your heart.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic