Humanity shines through for a Wuhan medical worker

Yeah, that place out 'there'. Anything not really Cambodia related should go here.
Clutch Cargo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Humanity shines through for a Wuhan medical worker

Post by Clutch Cargo »

A nurse in Wuhan, wearing a dress and veil made from a hazmat suit, married her fiancée via video chat

The nurse, Tang Xingxing said her colleagues organised the ceremony as a surprise to ease the increasing pressure medical workers feel to “defeat” the virus.

“I will be back soon and marry you,” the nurse said, according to the video translation.

She walked arm-in-arm with another medical worker, who served as her “stand-in” groom and read his vows back to the nurse.

“I will take care of you, love you, and respect you forever,” the acting groom read, according to the translation. “If you are the angel that saves people, then I will be the feathers in your wings to support you and be with you.”

“We are all under high pressure and expecting to go home,” Tang said in the video.”With all efforts, I hope we can defeat COVID-19.”

Medical workers in Wuhan continue to make sacrifices as they fight the rapidly spreading coronavirus at the epicentre, from working exhausting shifts with very few supplies, and often getting infected themselves. The Chinese government said this week that roughly 1,700 medical workers had been infected and six had died.

A study found that 29% of infections were health care workers.

https://www.businessinsider.com.au/vide ... uit-2020-2