Staying in Phnom Penh with my daughter to work, would like to meet new people.

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
Duncan
Sir Duncan

Re: Staying in Phnom Penh with my daughter to work, would like to meet new people.

Post by Duncan »

markeatsabuttie wrote: Sat Feb 08, 2020 11:33 pm Hello,

I am coming during the summer holidays to teach and give private lessons (already arranged) in Phnom Penh for two months during the summer holidays.

I will be bringing my 11-year-old daughter with me.

We will be there from July to the first of September.

We are also coming for a week at the end of this month - February -, to get an idea of the life there.

We have travelled widely, but this will be our first time in Cambodia.

I would like to get to know some new friendly people there, in February and/or later in July to September, who would like to meet us, and perhaps show me the ropes, let me know a little about the life there. It would also be nice to make some new friends.

If anyone would like to meet us and go for a coffee, please send a message.

Any tips on safety and adjusting to the way of life would be greatly received.

We will also be spending a week or so in Manila and in Bangkok, or somewhere else in the Thailand.

I also want to get to know the nightlife there, and would like some advice there too, and if it's safe to leave her alone in the apartment for a night once or twice a week while I go out and have some drinks and get to know the nightlife there.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated, or if anyone wants to meet up for a beer or a coffee, let me know by sending me a message.

Thank you!
I have a 10 yo girl,,, soon will be 11 yo. that gets on great with other kids . Speaks / reads , good English and would take your girl to Burger King or whatever . Let us know when you get here and if your 11 yo wants to have a Cambodian friend.
Cambodia,,,, Don't fall in love with her.
Like the spoilt child she is, she will not be happy till she destroys herself from within and breaks your heart.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Re: Staying in Phnom Penh with my daughter to work, would like to meet new people.

Post by phuketrichard »

Lived and often traveled in se asia with my daughter from the time she was 8-18, Would NEVER ever consider leaving her alone at night while I hit the bars an get a st time hotel to get laid,

Thats just bad parenting.....
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
Sweet Lemon
Expatriate

Post by Sweet Lemon »

markeatsabuttie wrote: Sun Feb 09, 2020 3:13 am Relax keyboard warriors. I didn't say anything about "whoring" - and if I had asked if there was someone I could find to look after her while I went out for a few beers, your replies would have been equally condemnatory. Just trying to get to know some people. That's all. Relax.
Lay off him guys. He's just a guy interested in the nightlife in Phnom Penh, Bangkok, and Manila. Not at all interested in whores.
Brody
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Brody »

SternAAlbifrons wrote: Sun Feb 09, 2020 12:00 am I am sure you will have no problems getting PM's from guys with no qualms about dragging you away from your daughter to show you how to perform your real duty as white man in Asia.
Really? WTF are you on about? You've got a pretty piss poor opinion of the membership here if you think that. I can't think of one prominent CEO'er, who I'd think would have "no qualms" about that.

SternAAlbifrons wrote: Sun Feb 09, 2020 1:07 am chuckle blush
Oh and by the way, I've been meaning to tell you how much I adore the little 'script parentheticals' that accompany your oddly worded posts.

I think I'll add them to my own posts. :thumb:

gazes wistfully out the window .... vomits in mouth
chkwoot
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by chkwoot »

My Cambodian wife and I would be happy to meet you over lunch sometime. Especially if you could bring me one of these:https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00006JSUA/
I'd pay you for it, plus a reasonable handling fee if you want. If you can't, no problem. We can still meet. Just pm me.
I am sooooo very sorry if you can't understand or appreciate my sarcastic facetiousness.
Revbo n Cambo
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Revbo n Cambo »

WOW, i understand the need for adult time, BUT, NNNNNEEEEEEVVVVVVVEEEEERRRRRR leave your daughter alone. thx
WildA
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by WildA »

Revbo n Cambo wrote: Fri Feb 14, 2020 4:33 pm WOW, i understand the need for adult time, BUT, NNNNNEEEEEEVVVVVVVEEEEERRRRRR leave your daughter alone. thx
Why would you bring a child to Cambodia in the first place?. Whats she gonna do when you are "working", forgetting about leaving her home alone scared and sobbing while you are out screaming and hollering drunkenly in a GoGo or thrusting insanely into some $5 trollop? And then come staggering in reeking of beer and god knows what other germs, you arent gonna give your daughter a kiss on the forehead after you put your face in...OMG.

Leave the kid at home. :facepalm:
Naturam expelles furca, tamen usque recurret. Horace
Just because you are paranoid doesn't mean they arent out to get you. Pynchon
SternAAlbifrons
Expatriate
Pitcairn Island

Post by SternAAlbifrons »

Leaving aside all other issues - just the epidemiological risk.
Right now i would not advise this to anybody else - just the parent of an 11 yr old kid.

This is not the time to bring a kid to Cambodia.
You will be flying thru the highest risk airports and aircraft
arriving in a place that is possibly the least prepared on the planet
simply because they deny the risk
no one has any idea of the infection rate here, and that will not improve if it does break out

Locked up indoors is not the place to be, nor in a classroom, nor in the nightlife scene. Not now, they are all the hubs where viruses spread.
If you come now, the out doors, out of the big cities, is the trip that would be safest and less stressful for your daughter.
Your daughter will have little/no say in these crucial decisions about her health
because the trip seems to be all about you.

ps, are you a sock?
pczz
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by pczz »

Brody wrote: Sun Feb 09, 2020 8:46 am
SternAAlbifrons wrote: Sun Feb 09, 2020 12:00 am I am sure you will have no problems getting PM's from guys with no qualms about dragging you away from your daughter to show you how to perform your real duty as white man in Asia.
Really? WTF are you on about? You've got a pretty piss poor opinion of the membership here if you think that. I can't think of one prominent CEO'er, who I'd think would have "no qualms" about that.

SternAAlbifrons wrote: Sun Feb 09, 2020 1:07 am chuckle blush
Oh and by the way, I've been meaning to tell you how much I adore the little 'script parentheticals' that accompany your oddly worded posts.

I think I'll add them to my own posts. :thumb:

gazes wistfully out the window .... vomits in mouth
So you can think of a few non-prominent members then? please enlighten us. Personally i don't know any of you, at least I don't think i do and from time to time CEO turns into Mongers bulleting board and then Alcohlics anonymous and then back to CEO. Dont think there is a "norm"
SternAAlbifrons
Expatriate
Pitcairn Island

Post by SternAAlbifrons »

giggle
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic