Healthcare question- would I be able to get my meds in Cambodia?

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
Kuroneko
Expatriate

Re: Healthcare question- would I be able to get my meds in Cambodia?

Post by Kuroneko »

I don't think so I have lived here over 20 years with no problems and never come into contact with unhinged individuals I don't say they don't exist, but if you frequent some down market areas around the river side no doubt you will encounter some
AzalKH
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by AzalKH »

Given that each individual is different I would definitely be consulting with your doctor before coming over to figure out which medications you might be best looking for over here.

Speaking from my own experience of depression, I opted to avoid any large moves / changes / even serious relationships until I'd got through the worst of it. Whilst I don't think I'd have bottomed out on coming here had I not, I've seen several seemingly grounded westerners crash and burn within a couple of weeks.

I use a few generic pharmaceuticals on the odd occasion, aspirin, paracetamol, sleeps pills, common anti-biotics etc. But for anything else I make the effort to get EU produced stuff. Usually there are one or two pharmacies in the area which are viewed to be legitimate through and through (in the different suburbs of the main centres that is, no comment of rural life).
WildA
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by WildA »

MarkRobinson wrote: Thu Feb 13, 2020 8:51 pm :oops:
Hey fellah,
This country has made hundreds of once solidly grounded ,together, Men ( & Women )into pathetic unhinged crazy nutjobs in a fee months. Men who were once sensible, educated ,balanced contributors to their communities have morphed into delusional, ,substance dependent destitute losers in a matter of several weeks here in Cambodia
Once physically & mentally strong characters with substantial finances in reserve have become homeless dishevelled freaks in an alarmingly brief period of time..
So yeah ,try your luck and migrate to Scambodia. Let's see if you can hack it and flourish here,Prove me wrong .
Several weeks? its only taken me 5 days! Ill be pooping myself by tomorrow! Winner!!!!!!
Caveat: I was born disheveled.
:beer2:
Naturam expelles furca, tamen usque recurret. Horace
Just because you are paranoid doesn't mean they arent out to get you. Pynchon
Khmu Nation
Expatriate
Laos

Post by Khmu Nation »

Get yourself off shrink meds - they don't work.
rozzieoz
Expatriate
Australia

Post by rozzieoz »

I’m on Setrof and never have problems. There is a large 24-hour pharmacy on street 110 right near Larry’s.
They are brilliant.
Once you've read the dictionary, every other book is just a remix.
rozzieoz
Expatriate
Australia

Post by rozzieoz »

Khmu Nation wrote:Get yourself off shrink meds - they don't work.
Nonsense.
Once you've read the dictionary, every other book is just a remix.
Khmu Nation
Expatriate
Laos

Post by Khmu Nation »

rozzieoz wrote: Fri Feb 14, 2020 12:04 pm
Khmu Nation wrote:Get yourself off shrink meds - they don't work.
Nonsense.
https://www.theguardian.com/society/201 ... ood-expert

One of many articles backing up my assertion. Even if they do work, which they don't, it means you are on drugs blocking your emotions. They are horrendous. Psychiatry is a joke. Get off the meds if you want a future.
pczz
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by pczz »

You probably won't ned shrink meds once you get here. No more petty rules and crap like you get back home. Keep your nose clean and noone will bother you, the stress just melts away - unless you get hooked up with the above mentioned few hundred nutjobs who couldn't hack it, or a khmer partner :-)
SternAAlbifrons
Expatriate
Pitcairn Island

Post by SternAAlbifrons »

I met a woman who spent her primary school years under the KR
so we have two similarly really fucked up people
who both found exactly the right medication
MarkRobinson
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by MarkRobinson »

Pill - up , Pep - up & (then ) Pick - up
Go the 3 PS,its always worked for me ,and my fellow campers 😗
"The Truth ,The whole truth " & nothing but the T R U T H ,Galbelly for the Defense.🍇
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic