First Shangri-La Hotel Coming to Phnom Penh, Cambodia

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

First Shangri-La Hotel Coming to Phnom Penh, Cambodia

Post by General Mackevili »

I hope they have fan rooms for $10. I'd pay it.

Shangri-La International Hotel Management and Oxley Gem Cambodia have signed a Memorandum of Understanding in relation to the management and operation of the first Shangri-La hotel in Phnom Penh, Cambodia.

Oxley Gem is a strategic partnership between by Singapore-based Oxley Holdings Limited and the Cambodian firm WorldBridge Land. Under the terms of the agreement, Oxley Gem will grant Shangri-La a 60-day exclusivity period to negotiate the management of the hotel.

Construction of the Shangri-La hotel is slated next year with the hotel expected to open in 2019. The luxury hotel, with a proposed design of 300 rooms, will be part of a new mixed-use development located along the Mekong River facing Diamond Island – just a few minutes by taxi from the Diamond Island Convention and Exhibition Centre. In addition to the hotel, the development will house serviced offices, residences and a shopping centre.

Ching Chiat Kwong, Executive Chairman and CEO of Oxley Holdings, said “We are excited about the prospect of developing the first Shangri-La branded hotel in Cambodia. We look forward to working closely with the Shangri-La team to inject more life and vitality into the heart of Phnom Penh.”

The hotel will have panoramic views of the city and an array of facilities, including a number of food and beverage outlets as well as event and meeting spaces. It will be conveniently located near the capital city’s main sightseeing attractions as well as Preah Sisowath Quay, a popular restaurant and nightlife district.

“Given Shangri-La’s well-established presence in Southeast Asia, we are excited to add a property in Phnom Penh to our portfolio and further expand our offerings in the region,” said Shangri-La President and CEO Greg Dogan.

Worldbridge Land Chairman, Oknha Rithy Sear, said, "Developing a hotel in Phnom Penh has always been on our blueprint. The signing of Memorandum of Understanding with Shangri-La is.....

...click link to continue reading...

http://www.4hoteliers.com/news/story/13348
"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Australia

Re: First Shangri-La Hotel Coming to Phnom Penh, Cambodia

Post by StroppyChops »

I've stayed in three SLs, they don't disappoint.
Bodge: This ain't Kansas, and the neighbours ate Toto!
Johan
Tourist

Post by Johan »

Strop, I have stayed at a few, in Oz and in Asia, good shacks.
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Australia

Post by StroppyChops »

They are. I stayed at one in Kota Kinabalu which was good, had it's own slice of orangutan reserve.
Bodge: This ain't Kansas, and the neighbours ate Toto!
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

used to always stay at the Shangra la Rasta resort in Singapore on Sentosa island, Fantastic place

plus have stayed at the one in Bangkok and also HK a few times. Worth the $$$

funny; none in Cambodia yet Myanmar has 1 and one coming in 2016

in less than 5 years Myanmar will surpass Cambodia in everything
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
taabarang
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by taabarang »

Not that I could afford it, but out of curiosity how much does it cost for a double?
As my old Cajun bait seller used to say, "I opes you luck.
frank lee bent
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by frank lee bent »

OP will be so flush with funds when he gets tired of milking the royal camel he will book in for a month.
joiner fees GM?
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

at Sentosa it was around $175/night included a HUGE buffet breakfast, after the remodel last year think its up to $250
Bangkok was about $200/
much cheaper than the Oriental
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
Cowshed Cowboy
Expatriate
Thailand

Post by Cowshed Cowboy »

BATS Shangri La Jakarta was my weekend party location for the 2 years I lived there. Great live bands, terrific steaks and gorgeous women. Treated myself to a long weekend stay when I was leaving so I didn't have to stagger far. It didn't disappoint.
Yes sir, I can boogie, I can boogie, boogie, boogie all night long.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic